PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yeah, the pre-release-hype is the best about PES, I remember fondly the pre-release hype surrounding PES 2011 with the Messi-trailer and we all thought we would get an animation-system that good. :D

Or the PES 2014-pre-release-hype where we thought we would actually get photorealistic graphics.:SHOCK:

I'm curious which out-of-this-world-technology this time will supposedly power PES' next version.:SNACK:

So let's see how this goes. I just wish that they could manage to add servers for decent speed matches. Playing online at 0 speed its like wanking in slow motion.

Licenses? Who cares, we make it official. Turfs? Who cares we make it look legit.

Just work on a proper gameplay, end that R2 bullshit, and end the delay. If that happens, my wallet is yours Konami.

Oh btw, give a shit to pc players this time....

Animations, animations, animations.

PES 2016 needs to add at least 70 new animations.
20 new ones for passing
15 for shooting
10 for specific players running animations
10 for goalkeepers
5 new generic running animations for different paces
5 for ball control
5 for dribbling

Then, eliminate the delay. It needs to be a lot more responsive. They did improve this on 2015 compared to 2014 but it's still not enough. It needs to be a lot more fluid.

Change the fake-shot move to the way it was back in the old days. It's useless now. Most of the times the player doesn't even fake anything, they simply pass the ball with one of his legs behind the other leg. It's useless.

If they were to do this, and improve the overall aesthetics of the menus. And do a complete overhaul of the formations/tactics part (we need a lot more options to tweak here) PES 2016 will be fine.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have the impression that PES 2016 will be a game that Konami won't put much effort.

I have the feeling that Konami think PES 2015 is almost good enough. They might think that theres no need for any drastic change, and probbaly their focus is more on Myclub for the extra money it can make.

Well... in my humble opinion, it doesn't need any drastic changes, indeed.
It needs big improvements, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean drastic changing of anything. It needs additions. More animations (lots of them), better formations/tactic options, more stadiums, graphics improvement (specially turfs and also shirts), better lighting, etc. But the basis aren't far from solid, on the contrary I believe it's got good basis.

The problem with Konami is that when they find good foundations they tend to tweak things JUST A LITTLE BIT. They don't go all the way trough. They pretty much either change the whole thing and start from scratch (PES 6 to PES 2008. PES 2013 to PES 2014) or they don't improve enough of it when everything seems like "the next year will be the best".

They have a good chance of changing this now. But they need to go all the way through with everything I and many others have pointed here.

Another year of slightly better ball physics, a few new animations, a new menu and a few changes here and there and we are in for a massive dissapointment. This could be either the best PES ever or another chance passed by.

funny Fifa fans also think that EA ship is sinking because of women football and screwed up UT :D. probably his contract ended and EA offered better money or PP wont even want to renew his contract. who knows

lets wait it out shall we?

funny Fifa fans also think that EA ship is sinking because of women football and screwed up UT :D. probably his contract ended and EA offered better money or PP wont even want to renew his contract. who knows

lets wait it out shall we?

Most probably the case.
If it is true that Konami will emphasize on mobile games, then PES might indeed be a 'sinking ship' :(
In that case they will not put too much effort in PES 2016: Why make a great version when you intend to pull the plug?
On the other hand, if PES 2016 turns out to be a great game then that might be a sign that they continue with the PES series, just like Adam Bhatti said on twitter.
For now there is no news at all, so we must guess what's going on.

When did we get the first news about PES 2015 last year? I have the feeling they are late this year...

last year they were at E3 but only for the press and it was only public at Gamescom if i remember right but that was a totally different year because of PES 2014

Bhatti will show the game tomorrow In France, Wednesday in Italy then Saturday after the PesLeague Finals in Berlin.

Not sure we will get official infos, but some previews or bits of infos could be.

Last year the official Pes unveiling was at the end of June.
That teaser trailer at E3 was absolutely useless, how can they come up with such stupid ideas?

Bhatti will show the game tomorrow In France, Wednesday in Italy then Saturday after the PesLeague Finals in Berlin.

Not sure we will get official infos, but some previews or bits of infos could be.

Last year the official Pes unveiling was at the end of June.
That teaser trailer at E3 was absolutely useless, how can they come up with such stupid ideas?

yeah i wonder too what "showing off stuff" means. still i know i shouldnt care about any review or footage we seen until the retail game, since EVERY year the retail is different even from the demo

So let's see how this goes. I just wish that they could manage to add servers for decent speed matches. Playing online at 0 speed its like wanking in slow motion.

Licenses? Who cares, we make it official. Turfs? Who cares we make it look legit.

Just work on a proper gameplay, end that R2 bullshit, and end the delay. If that happens, my wallet is yours Konami.

Oh btw, give a shit to pc players this time....

Despite my enjoying your turf mod mate, i need 3d grass of the turfs on all viewing angle, live replays, Gk, Fk.. on pc of course.

They need to fix online. The player reaction and turning speed is so frustrating, especially on defense when you play against super fast teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona. This is a MUST! Also, how about giving us back the option to change teams when paired up with an online opponent? If I pick Palermo and the other guy picks Real MAdrid, give me the damn option to upgrade my team. Or if I pick Atletico Madrid and he picks Brazil... Can you give us the option to actually change teams? Is that too much to ask?

Konami are good at this:
- overhyping and underdelivering
- making excuses
- promising things will be better next year
- building a solid foundation then changing to a new engine...which is not really a new engine

For a game that's largely pushed by fans, they should quietly release info and let fans hype it if it's good. Stop with the used car salesman tactics and spend time on the game.

They seem to pander to the simple wins audience..."hey, can you please make an official face for such and such a player."...No, how about making some realistic ball physics.

Someone start a countdown.
"Gameplay footage looks too fast. Must be youtube algorithms."
"These guys play like noobs".
"Who chose that stupid font on the intro screen."

Konami are good at this:
- overhyping and underdelivering
- making excuses
- promising things will be better next year
- building a solid foundation then changing to a new engine...which is not really a new engine

For a game that's largely pushed by fans, they should quietly release info and let fans hype it if it's good. Stop with the used car salesman tactics and spend time on the game.

They seem to pander to the simple wins audience..."hey, can you please make an official face for such and such a player."...No, how about making some realistic ball physics.

Someone start a countdown.
"Gameplay footage looks too fast. Must be youtube algorithms."
"These guys play like noobs".
"Who chose that stupid font on the intro screen."

i agree with all you have said, as much as i enjoyed PES2015, this is the year where animations and graphics need to be at nextgen level, cause if they dont achieve it this year, to me it means they will never be able to get it right, also for me master league needs alot of depth at fifas level, they cant say they spend most of there resources creating the new engine cos they already have the base there. Also id like to see the coaches preferred tactics to use against each team, which was in pes 2013, idea was great but cos the gameplay was broken, didnt listen to any of there advise, but if they get the game right in regards to tactics, stats, stamina and team play, then the coaches will be beneficial on how to play against each team, and another thing that annoys me alot in all PES games, theres alot of star players that when u press, u can often at times steal the ball of them, that is very unrealistic, that should only happen to lesser skilled players and also konami should have a stat on how players respond to pressure on the ball, lower the value easier it is to steal it off them. Wait and see now what is going to blow us away in the next few days from this announcement.

All game makers, especially those that make sports games, need to get away from using any rendered graphics that aren't game play in their trailers.

There is absolutely no point in showing players doing tricks and going past players extremely close up. No one plays the game like that and the closer you point the camera at the player models, the less smooth they seem to move

Just show good game play and multiple player pass and moves with the camera at a distance and angle to make the game look like it does when your watching a live game on tv. This will win a lot more people over to try the game than messi flicking the ball up, nutmegging someone, a defender sliding in and then him scoring as everyone will know that will bare no relation to the game people will see or play

As strange as this seems, this year i have little to none hype for PES2016. I don't have that urge for info anymore. I stopped playing the game about 4 months ago and i don't miss it. PES as became as shallow as Fifa and that's a shame for football games in general... The football games nowadays are all about bells and whistles, and focus on things that don't matter to the ones who really enjoy the game that football is.

Last edited:
As strange as this seems, this year i have little to none hype for PES2016. I don't have that urge for info anymore. I stopped playing the game about 4 months ago and i don't miss it. PES as became as shallow as Fifa and that's a shame for football games in general... The football games nowadays are all about bells and whistles, and focus on things that don't matter to the ones who really enjoy the game that football is.
That doesn't sound strange, that sounds like you're growing up. Getting hyped for video games is what kids experience.

I'm not the type of going over the moon with videogame news. I have children and wife, but every past year, I had the curiosity to know what's coming, but it seems that this year that's lost, maybe because despite being a good game it does not deliver as a current Gen game. Even online is a shallow experience. But whatever the news are coming we will have the same thing over again from Konami. I like video games, but don't have the desired time to play them, but games like witcher ring some bells and curiosity in the build up. PES does not anymore. Lets hope they prove me wrong, so at least I could have some fun with mates after dinner at home in weekends, where skill matters more than having Ronaldo or messi in your team.

Last edited:
Well... in my humble opinion, it doesn't need any drastic changes, indeed.
It needs big improvements, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean drastic changing of anything. It needs additions. More animations (lots of them), better formations/tactic options, more stadiums, graphics improvement (specially turfs and also shirts), better lighting, etc. But the basis aren't far from solid, on the contrary I believe it's got good basis.

The problem with Konami is that when they find good foundations they tend to tweak things JUST A LITTLE BIT. They don't go all the way trough. They pretty much either change the whole thing and start from scratch (PES 6 to PES 2008. PES 2013 to PES 2014) or they don't improve enough of it when everything seems like "the next year will be the best".

They have a good chance of changing this now. But they need to go all the way through with everything I and many others have pointed here.

Another year of slightly better ball physics, a few new animations, a new menu and a few changes here and there and we are in for a massive dissapointment. This could be either the best PES ever or another chance passed by.

I agree with You entirely.

I Also don't think The game needs drastic changes, at least when ít comes to gameplay.

I Think They built a solid base on Pes 2015. It's not a brilhante game but it's a good start for this gén.

But the game definetly needs a notorious change tech wise, to a point that we can clearly see that PES 2016 a vastly improved "version" of Pes 2015 in all technical aspects. Imo even the graphics are very disappointing. I even Think the day lighting in Pes 2014 on PS3 was better. Actually I Think If Pes 2014 on ps3 wasn't so blurried, ít would look better then Pes 2015 on Ps4 from wide câmera where small details are hidden.

Ball physics and colision system can be a LOT better too. The interaction between ball and player with those futsal moves (indoor football) look a bit ugly to me.

I Think Pes 2015 is, overall, a decent start for This gen, being the lack of cotent it's most negative point, but there's a lot of room for improvements. The problem is that people are loosing patience and hope, they are still waiting for a game on par of what todays tech can provide, and Konami must deliver ít as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom