PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Well tbh, I've been playing an offline tourney with @*ale and @James Beaver for a few days now and I'm in love with PES 2015 again. So it definitely isn't shit at all for me. It's not perfect as we all know, but I noticed if I stick to exhibition and play all my competitions there I'm better off than playing in the game's league and cup modes. I get more fouls and better defending overall.

If PES 2016 is any better than this, which I truly hope it is as it's a new game, I think I'd be over the moon. I'd want them to double check the AI and scripting in all modes and make sure it is consistent across all of them.

I'll post my current Copa America videos in the PES 2015 thread if anyone's interested in joining our little offline tourney (won't derail this thread).

Last edited:
Well, we know how the Internet works. One game is either awesome or shit.

I'm really curious what they mean this year with: "Love the past. Play the future"

- Forget classic old gameplay and move on?
- We are finally listening you merging old gameplay with new mechanics?
- Nothing?

I'm really curious what they mean this year with: "Love the past. Play the future"

- Nothing?

Bet on the third, as each year.

SO.. the news that was coming today is in regard to the fact that the UEFA licence is retained by PES for another 3 years. BLIMEY.

Last edited:
Well, we know how the Internet works. One game is either awesome or shit.

Yeah, you get:

Those who are positive.

Those who are super negative who curse the game all year until the latter part of hype in August, and get drawn into the hype despite being negative and saying PES ID DEAD, love it, for about 3 weeks sceaming THE KING IS BACK! then find a genuine bug and curse the game for that bug or flaw and then the cycle of negativity starts again.

This year should be fun!

:SNACK:

and this isn't including the trolls :LOL:

Some of the things people complain about on here is laughable. What's next? The clouds in the sky ain't fluffy enough?

Also, a new 3 year deal has been announced for the Europa and Champions League. Super Cup as well...

- Nothing?

Well... look at it this way: Has "The Pitch Is Ours" motto from last year meant anything really?.
It's just a catchy line. Like the hook of a pop song... means nothing, but it's catchy.

I'm guessing the reveal will include a 2-3 minute trailer of close ups and text of upcoming features. Probably some buzzword like we are accustomed to in PES and FIFA. Actual gameplay and changes to any modes will probably be held of until Gamescom.

The teaser didn't impress me in the slightest, but that doesn't mean the game will be bad, just that they need to show something worth getting excited about.

PS: When David Pizarro came in today for Chile, it reminded me of the time I spent playing PES2011, which IMO is still the best PES. Using Pizarro was always satisfying, especially since the passing felt so damn good in that game.

Last edited:
PS: When David Pizarro came in today for Chile, it reminded me of the time I spent playing PES2011, which IMO is still the best PES. Using Pizarro was always satisfying, especially since the passing felt so damn good in that game.

Oh yeah!
The last PES I had the most fun with was PES 2011 (passing, player individuality, nets, graphics, ML and much more) and I wish there will be a PES release again where I can have at least half of the fun I had that time.

Maybe this time, who knows.

Nets? I don't recall any PES had anything special regarding nets. Not that I care much, but it's a nice addition to have subliminal nets if it ever happens. Gameplay and football basics right always #1 for me.

if i want to lower my expectations, the bottom bar they should reach is PES 6 level:

- proper collision system, with fouls, injuries
- proper ballphysics to feel the freedom while passing, shooting that everything could happen old PES feeling

and yeah thats it. better commentary, ML, online, proper tactics would be awesome too and if they are improved im impressed then, but if the first two isnt there...

I meant net physics actually.
Since 2014 they have been a little too tight imo.

Was quite good at 2011, a little more loose and it looked nice how the ball flew into it.

Back
Top Bottom