PES 2016 Input Lag PC.

Topaz

Programmer/TheAwesomeGem
21 October 2011
United States
Chelsea, Spain
Can someone tell me what I need to do to play this game without 1 second input delay?

I am using a PS4 controller with DS4Windows(original settings).

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD FX 9590 (OC'ed to 5.2 GHz)
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti(3GB)
RAM: 16 GB.
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 32GB.

I updated my game version to 1.01.

Nvm. Fixed it by playing on Windowed. If anyone having the same issue, just switch to Windowed mode. I am loving this game now.

Last year i had input lag really bad, but now it feels really responsive. And they said, they made it more responsive, so maybe its something else?

for input lag i have for my specs (hd7870,i5,12gb,aoc ips 5ms hdmi) found that solution in pes 2015, today i try on pes 2016

radeon tool , leave vsync in optimization

and i use dxtory to set framerate on 61, ( framerate are individual for each sistem, some work good whit 58/59 fps, for other 61/62fps

try if you want

Last edited:
Input lag can also be from TV especially large tvs. Its best to change them to a game mode if available. It helped me with pes 2015. If I didn't have it on game mode it would stutter and lag a lot.

Try this disable HPET in bios, info below about HPET

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Precision_Event_Timer

run cmd as administrator

and run the following two commands

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

this will only work in windows 8, 8.1 and windows 10

this has got rid of stuttering and removed input lag in all games for me. HPET can be a bit fiddly, as for some computers its better to have it on, but for me it works better with it off

Try this disable HPET in bios, info below about HPET

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Precision_Event_Timer

run cmd as administrator

and run the following two commands

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

this will only work in windows 8, 8.1 and windows 10

this has got rid of stuttering and removed input lag in all games for me. HPET can be a bit fiddly, as for some computers its better to have it on, but for me it works better with it off

Hi I tried this but now my screen is blurry when the camera pans.. looks like its got a different colour tint to it. How do I restore the defaults to what you showed us?

Thanks

Windowed mode is the solution for input lag.
Even PES 2014 is playable (and quite good really) in windowed mode.

You can try:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick no

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

Hi thanks for your reply. Tried that and it's still doing the same I'm afraid. The best way to describe it is like an old school 3d green reddish tint when there is motion on screen. I'm baffled

After playing a lot of matches on PS4, PC feels so unresponsive especially with an average team. You can see how it should feel like if VSync was off but then you get the horrible screen tearing. What an atrocious port where they didn't still make the input system frame time based but frame count based. Basically the more FPS you get, the more input responsive which only indie game companies can screw it. So, this is the time I am uninstalling PES 2016.

guess this is rather for notebooks but you could try this in nvidia control panel for your pes2016.exe:

Maximum pre-rendered frames: 4
Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Triple buffering: On
Vertical Sync: On

I have a gf gtx 660m and had vsync on adaptive. changing it to on makes the game run completely smooth and input lag is gone

guess this is rather for notebooks but you could try this in nvidia control panel for your pes2016.exe:

I have a gf gtx 660m and had vsync on adaptive. changing it to on makes the game run completely smooth and input lag is gone
the guy is right there is input lag, I'm leaking many unnecessary goals because defender doesn't want to clear after mashing the x button more than once.input lag obvious when gamespeed isless than zero even windowed mode doesn't help much.

Everything gets fixed as soon as I turn off vsync. No matter what I do, there is this horrible input lag. The game is so much fun when vsync is turned off but it gives me headache because of the screen tearing. It's fine though because I am enjoying FIFA on PC and PES on PS4.

Hi guys thought i would share this,

I played the hellllllll out of the XBONE demo and loved it, after 7 years of FIFA it was time to come back, Decided to get PC version despite bad graphics as i support Stoke City and couldn't bare not playing with the correct kits.

So i was very underwhelmed to find the PC version just not as smooth at the XBONE game, it just felt off to me. I shrugged it off for a week but i have found the settings in Nvidia control panel to make it play just as smooth as the Console version.

Two settings to chance , select PES2016 from nvidia contol panel

Power management mode - Prefer maximum
Maximum pre rendered Frames - 1

It's made the game so much better for me, I am very very prone to noticing input delay so maybe not everyone has the same issues as me.

With the amazing Turf and Tweak mods by Fruits and the Natural HD SweetFX the game looks pretty good as well. See my screen shots (not best shots, compressed from steam)

http://imgur.com/a/Yld12

Now we just need Konami to stop being Konami, and to get rid of the lag online and we are golden!

Hi guys thought i would share this,

I played the hellllllll out of the XBONE demo and loved it, after 7 years of FIFA it was time to come back, Decided to get PC version despite bad graphics as i support Stoke City and couldn't bare not playing with the correct kits.

So i was very underwhelmed to find the PC version just not as smooth at the XBONE game, it just felt off to me. I shrugged it off for a week but i have found the settings in Nvidia control panel to make it play just as smooth as the Console version.

Two settings to chance , select PES2016 from nvidia contol panel

Power management mode - Prefer maximum
Maximum pre rendered Frames - 1

It's made the game so much better for me, I am very very prone to noticing input delay so maybe not everyone has the same issues as me.

With the amazing Turf and Tweak mods by Fruits and the Natural HD SweetFX the game looks pretty good as well. See my screen shots (not best shots, compressed from steam)

http://imgur.com/a/Yld12

Now we just need Konami to stop being Konami, and to get rid of the lag online and we are golden!

When you slide, is there a 1 second delay? I can slide just fine on PS4 but it's impossible in PC and end up giving a penalty or getting a red card which is frustrating as fuck.

When you slide, is there a 1 second delay? I can slide just fine on PS4 but it's impossible in PC and end up giving a penalty or getting a red card which is frustrating as fuck.

no, with default settings maybe its 0.5 second delay but with this its the same as XBONE version

Originally Posted by Edmundo 22 View Post
You can try:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick no

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

That should have fixed it

Its not fixed it at all man... any other ideas? Getting a ghosting when the camera pans. Not had problem before got a good system. i7 980ti gtx etc.

It's like a ghost black shadow when there is motion. It is doing it on video playback as well such as YouTube.

It's like a ghost black shadow when there is motion. It is doing it on video playback as well such as YouTube.

It doesn't happen to me.

Edit: You can change it back by doing this.

Code:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom