PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS3/X360)

except for when you get a goalkick at Blackpool and you realize you're playing at the Estadio Azteca :(

Last edited:
Microsoft has found a way to block file sharing on the Xbox 360.

It's happened in the last system update.

Has anyone found a way past this yet?

what the fuck?

while playing seasons online it has incredible button delay, yet with myclub its completely playable, not great but you can play it

Have just bought Pro Evo for my PS3 but it won't fucking update, it says i need to update to 1.04 but i get an error every time i try to download it.

Is there a way to update it manually with a USB drive or can it only be done online via the console? I've tried all the fixes i could find online and it still won't download.

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked in the end.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I have been playing this game a lot lately. It's a great game, just wanted to say that. I go more into it in the last page of the 2015 ML thread.

Nice! I just finished a game on Superstar and I think that's too much for me. Top Player in this game is good and fun enough.

Its taken a long while to get myself ready to post. About 4 weeks of playing and am so pleased with the game. I know everyone has their peculiar needs and hopes with PES. Mine were 1) ability to put your foot on the ball 2) significant and useful CPU possession, including back passes) and 3) relevant off the ball defensive play.

I think the game passes those three, for me, fundamental aspects of football. With R2, right stick weight, and generally free, unassisted passing, I enjoy the gameplay. Yesterday, up 0-2, I dont think I touched the ball for the final 15 minutes of a match, giving up 3 shots and a wasted corner. How great is that?

Decided to give ps3 version ago because of the option file. I had previously enjoyed the ps4 version. And I thought they would play identical. Have to say, I couldn't be more wrong; Ps3 is much better regarding the following: animations smoother and more realistic, beautiful better pace to the flow of the game, shooting seems more varied-scored lots of different goals compared from crosses,headers, volleys and long distance,better ball physics - less predicable, ai seems more varied and they cross the ball etc, pitch textures are better not great but better, noticing more individual traits of players than before. I don't know why these thing seem different but they do. Anyways gonna keep playing.

Hi, sorry for resurrecting this thread.

Just a quick question regarding Master League. Are all games at night? I've only played about 4 games but all have been night games.

Sorry if this was answered before. Thanks :)

Hi, sorry for resurrecting this thread.

Just a quick question regarding Master League. Are all games at night? I've only played about 4 games but all have been night games.

Sorry if this was answered before. Thanks :)

There are very rare matches at daylight, but atleast there are. : )

I've nearly reached 1000 games on PES15 on PS3.

Currently in season 2028/2029 managing Ajax and England. Still love the game, I haven't purchased PES16 and intend to keep my ML going for a long while yet.

I've nearly reached 1000 games on PES15 on PS3.

Currently in season 2028/2029 managing Ajax and England. Still love the game, I haven't purchased PES16 and intend to keep my ML going for a long while yet.

That is great stuff. What other teams have you been managing and what is your favourite?

I started as Blackburn. Spent 4 seasons with them, got them into Europa League but felt I couldn't take them any further.

Then went to Benfica, spent 4 seasons with them, turned them into the best team in Europe, won the Champions League and all the domestic stuff.

After that I went to Bayern Munich for 2 seasons before spending a season with Barcelona.

Ajax then offered me the job and I noticed they'd fallen away in their domestic League, so set myself the challenge of re-building them. Hard going to be honest, anyone seems to beat anyone in the Dutch League.

International wise, I've managed Bulgaria, Ivory Coast, Brazil (won the 2022 World Cup with them) and now trying to qualify for and win the 2030 World Cup with England.

Most players are now re-gens. In my Ajax side I have a 17 year-old Lukaku, Iniesta & Marchisio who are 20 or 21. Totti, Ze Reberto, D. Milito and C. Pizarro are currently the best 4 players in the world.

That sounds great! I've only just started playing this myself. Manager of QPR at the moment and I really hope I can have a good 'career' like you have. I like the idea of being able to manage different teams with different challenges.

Also, can I ask what option file you use?

It is good to get deep into it. If you can look past the fact it lacks a bit of depth and that players keep being 'reborn' then it does become very addictive.

QPR are turning into a powerhouse on my game. Them and WBA have managed to break into the top 6 of English Football. WBA are in Europe as well. In most League's the big teams have stayed dominant but I've notcied a few big clubs struggling, especially this season I'm in - Real Madrid are down in 12th in La Liga!!

Option file wise - I used one off of PESGAMING by Paul or whatever he is called. I think it was a very early one he made, because it only had the English kits & Bundesliga kits.

I've only updated one datapack because I did the rest of the editing myself before they released more. The datapack I installed added all them other Euro teams like Qarabag.

I then edited in the whole J-League, the Peru top division (easiest one as not many clubs) and then got rid of all the fake sides I could find - added teams like Brisbane Roar, FC Pune City, Baniyas, All Boys etc... I did all the International kits as close as I could get them, added as many manager images I could find and most recently I've updated the Prem kits & transfers for this season. Took me about 3 months of constant editing but I couldn't wait to start my ML waiting for option files, so did the rest myself!

I think that's why I've stuck with the game. Had a period where I 'went off it' and even tried FIFA. But since going back and getting so far into the future, I'm loving it. It's so interesting to see what players come back and get even better etc... and where they end up. 18 year-old Messi is currently banging them in for Real Sociedad!!

I do plan on going 'around the world' still on my save but not managed outside of Europe yet. Still so many clubs and projects to challenge myself with. Planning on spending 3-4 seasons with Ajax. I'd then like to either take over Villa (the club I support) and win the Champions League or go to Sampdoria and get them back at the top. Then I will probably look to go to one of the South American sides - Boca seem to have been struggling on my save for years, so that may be an option - and then onto Japan to try my hand in ASIA.

I enjoyed reading your post abcdefg1, I'm looking forward to getting into my ML and going around the world trying to bring success to lower teams (including Tottenham). The last time I played a good few seasons in ML was on PES5.

I don't mind the regens myself and I think it's good to see them come back and play for teams they wouldn't normally go to. It makes it refreshing from real life football.

I think I'm using Glenn the magpies option file from pesworld. I'm editing teams too using pesstatsdatabase and Klashmann's tactics. It will take a while so I'm sure I'll get a good few seasons in before all my editing is completed and then I will probably start again depending on how much I get into my current ML.

I will post my ML adventures on the thread.

Yeah, this is the longest ML I've done since spending 20 seasons with AZ back on PES5.

Crazy last day awaits in the Dutch League. Anyone of the top 6 can win the title. Feyenoord & PSV have 61 pts, AZ have 60, Den Haag have 59 and myself (Ajax) & Willem II have 58.

Den Haag have the best goal difference, mainly thanks to the fact they have Gyan & Destro up top! We've had a scrappy season, losing games we should have won and it'd be some feat to win the League. None of the top 6 are playing each other, so I have to hope no other team wins. I got FC Utrecht away who beat me at home, so thinking of just going all out attack.

England well on their way to the 2030 World Cup, got an easy group, J. Gordon of West Ham is banging them in at International level!

Yeah, this is the longest ML I've done since spending 20 seasons with AZ back on PES5.

Crazy last day awaits in the Dutch League. Anyone of the top 6 can win the title. Feyenoord & PSV have 61 pts, AZ have 60, Den Haag have 59 and myself (Ajax) & Willem II have 58.

Den Haag have the best goal difference, mainly thanks to the fact they have Gyan & Destro up top! We've had a scrappy season, losing games we should have won and it'd be some feat to win the League. None of the top 6 are playing each other, so I have to hope no other team wins. I got FC Utrecht away who beat me at home, so thinking of just going all out attack.

England well on their way to the 2030 World Cup, got an easy group, J. Gordon of West Ham is banging them in at International level!

Heh that sounds really exciting. I suppose you will find out the other results at the final whistle when either your team are jumping up and down or sitting down weeping. Please keep us updated with how the final game goes. It may be an idea to post on this thread https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/75473/page-86 ;)

Do you happen to know if I change team's tacttics in the edit section, will it change them in the ML that I've already started?

Just played a game against Bolton and they had the Possession tactic so they were just passing it between themselves for 60 mins altogether when it was 0-0. What made it worse is that they scored in the 90th minute. I was pig sick :BLEH:
I just couldn't get the ball it was like piggy in the middle. :PIG:

I want to change that tactic for most teams because that is the only thing that is slightly annoying.

Hi abcdefg1, how did the season finish? Did you manage to win the league?

I also wanted to ask if CPU managers get sacked of move around at the end of the season in ML?

Also, I have been editing some stats to make the game a little more realistic.

Dribbling -5, not a big decrease but makes a big difference to players who can dribble and those who cannot. For example playing as Tottenham I could run quite a distance without losing the ball with Walker but now it is not easy. But with Son he can dribble a bit better but still not too much.

Kicking Power -5, as I found the shots overpowered but now you have to make sure you have the time and space for a powerful shot. I may notch it up a couple as I'm finding it hard to score from distance now.

Loving this game! Is anyone still playing it? :SNACK:

It gets me with all the stat editing people do which konami must know about why they didn't put some simple sliders in..some people just don't have the time to edit player by player..v strange

It gets me with all the stat editing people do which konami must know about why they didn't put some simple sliders in..some people just don't have the time to edit player by player..v strange

Heh yeh I know what you mean. It was so much easier editing PES5 with Pesfan editor. Doing global changes was so much easier then.

If I'm honest I think I'm addicted to changing stats and updating players. I tried to stop editing a few months ago but then started getting withdrawal symptoms :D

If I'm honest I actually find PES 2015 good without the stat changes but tactical changes for each team is essential. ;)

Been editing more stats to try to improve the gameplay and to bring back the feel good factor when scoring. As I know shooting is overpowered in this game.

These are the changes that I have made so far to all outfield players...
Based on PSD stats...

Dribbling = -5
Ball Control = -5
Finishing = -10

So far I've played a couple friendlies as Spurs v Arsenal on Professional with Manual shooting. What I have enjoyed so far is that it is harder to dribble but not impossible. The ball doesn't stick to the foot anymore. Which means that when you take someone on and get round them there is a sense of satisfaction. This seems to cause more scraps in midfield because now the ball bounces off of players more which IMO is more realistic. I suppose it's a bit like "First Touch Error" slider in FIFA.

Also the shooting seems better. Initially I gave Kicking Power -5 but that made it impossible to score from distance, so adjusted that back to normal. But with Finishing -10 I have missed, and the CPU, a few shots which I would normally score. I am imagining that it is because of the adjustment and the body shape (probably just my imagination though). I did score a good goal by Lamela, he turned Mert..twice and run in, but I felt pressure because 1. The touches he took was further away 2. I had to think more about the shot and 3. Because Cech was in goal. Thankfully he angled it into the far corner. But I got a really good feeling out of that goal even though I was 3-0 down at the time.

I was worried that the adjustments may make the CPU worse at shooting but Sanchez scored a beauty from the edge of the box, and Ozil placed one the wrong side of Lloris, and Giroud got a header. So far it's all good.

I know that most are probably playing 2016 now but I thought I would write this in case somebody finds it useful. I just wish that there was an editor similar to W!ld's editor for 2013 and a converter to convert to PS3. So that I can do global editing. If any one knows of one please let me know. :)

Hi abcdefg1, how did the season finish? Did you manage to win the league?

I also wanted to ask if CPU managers get sacked of move around at the end of the season in ML?

Also, I have been editing some stats to make the game a little more realistic.

Dribbling -5, not a big decrease but makes a big difference to players who can dribble and those who cannot. For example playing as Tottenham I could run quite a distance without losing the ball with Walker but now it is not easy. But with Son he can dribble a bit better but still not too much.

Kicking Power -5, as I found the shots overpowered but now you have to make sure you have the time and space for a powerful shot. I may notch it up a couple as I'm finding it hard to score from distance now.

Loving this game! Is anyone still playing it? :SNACK:

Never won the Dutch League. Finished 3rd in that season mentioned above, then finished 2nd the season after. Then I left and I am now at Boca Juniors in season 31/32. I've not played much lately though, been busy/tired from work.

I've also taken a 'year out' from International management. In the 2030 WC, I got knocked out 2nd Round v France. Spain won it but Morocco got to the final and Japan finished 3rd. Thought I'd take a break from it as I know in the South American League where I am now, they have to play about 60-70 games in the season.

CPU manager's do move around. It doesn't tell you but you start noticing after a few season's. You can check who is manager of what team somehow. I usually notice on the match screen before the game. I know some Japanese bloke is managing Chelsea, Pulis went to Arsenal or someone like that.

If they had a global editor, I would edit a few stats but stuff doing every player one-by-one.

I wish I could edit the stupid hidden fake teams that are in ML - Pleasure Horn, Drhoffismitz or whatever they are called and teams like that. It would be great to be able o overwrite them with proper teams.

I am toying with the idea of starting a new ML. Just before Xmas, I did some editing and in the classic teams, overwrite them players with 40-50 of the best 16 & 17 year olds from around the World. I'm quite interested to see if anyone of them turn into stars. I might make a 'Euro League' as well, maybe replace the Portugese League with a League of mixed European teams.

So anyway, anyone following knows my frustration with a certain game in the demo; Roma v Corinthians. Every time I play as Roma v Corinthians, the scripting seems to go into overdrive and Vagner Love is amazing. Some horrible games. So I thought I'd mess about with the formations and stuff and lo and behold, the game seemed to have shifted in my favour. Now I know you can retort back with 'well PES is deep that's why tactics mean everything' and to an extent I would agree that tactics in PES can have a profound effect on how the games play out.

What my problem is though is that even changing formation pre game seems to have an effect on code/scripting even before you've kicked a ball, and this is what I'm confused about. Why is it using formation A as Roma sends the game into a chaotic scripted mess whilst changing it levels the game out and makes Vagner Love Vagner Love?

The change was a simple 4-3-3 to 4-5-1, but immediately you could see the effect. It seemed to send the CPU into a state of confusion where they would give possession away more cheaply, miss the shots they normally would score and with more 'things' going my way.

Now I know I want depth to the game, and tactics should aid in the changing of the game, but it seems that certain tactics change the outcome/momentum of games even before a ball is kicked. Playing with the default formation Love would score at least one scripted goal with the norm being 2 or 3. In four games using the switched formation he scored once. I also changed the players around too putting strikers in midfield and midfielders up front and the same occurred; I just felt the game be balanced with an undercurrent of it favouring me at times and their CPU ability reflecting their stats.

Now, like I say, I'm all for tactics affecting the game, but when it seems to impact the code/scripting even before a ball is kicked then I do have a little issue with it. I wonder therefore whether the majority of matches (more or less) are pre-determined to go a certain way at kick off with the tactics set. I shall look into it further. I know Klash is big on his tactics if not necessarily knowing their full impact on scripting etc.

Never won the Dutch League. Finished 3rd in that season mentioned above, then finished 2nd the season after. Then I left and I am now at Boca Juniors in season 31/32. I've not played much lately though, been busy/tired from work.

I've also taken a 'year out' from International management. In the 2030 WC, I got knocked out 2nd Round v France. Spain won it but Morocco got to the final and Japan finished 3rd. Thought I'd take a break from it as I know in the South American League where I am now, they have to play about 60-70 games in the season.

CPU manager's do move around. It doesn't tell you but you start noticing after a few season's. You can check who is manager of what team somehow. I usually notice on the match screen before the game. I know some Japanese bloke is managing Chelsea, Pulis went to Arsenal or someone like that.

If they had a global editor, I would edit a few stats but stuff doing every player one-by-one.

I wish I could edit the stupid hidden fake teams that are in ML - Pleasure Horn, Drhoffismitz or whatever they are called and teams like that. It would be great to be able o overwrite them with proper teams.

I am toying with the idea of starting a new ML. Just before Xmas, I did some editing and in the classic teams, overwrite them players with 40-50 of the best 16 & 17 year olds from around the World. I'm quite interested to see if anyone of them turn into stars. I might make a 'Euro League' as well, maybe replace the Portugese League with a League of mixed European teams.

Thanks for the update. Sorry you never won the Dutch league. It's good to hear that the CPU managers change teams too, it would be good if it was announced but I'm guessing it's not.

Still in my first season with QPR, I took a little break while editing and play testing but I thought I should carry on with it in the meantime as it will take ages for me to edit all the teams I want.

Have been having some good games but have been struggling against the teams above us. Lost 0-1 at home to Bolton with Gudjohnsen scoring, we were 12th they were 2nd. Then we beat Brighton away 3-4 they were 21st we were 17th. But then lost at home again to Cardiff 2-3 with Kenwin Jones scoring a hatrick, they were 8th.

So yes against the teams above us we have struggled that was until we drew 0-0 with Derby, then beat 5th placed Huddersfield 0-1, and then beat Wigan 1-0 in the 90th minute. So we have now moved up to 10th but only 5 points off the play off places.

I have now decided to drop Austin as he has struggled and I will bring in Polter (who scored the winner against Wigan)

One thing that has helped my defence is to change the Defensive line to 1, and to Compact defending (I think 10). It stops those through balls that the CPU plays sometimes. I really cannot see why some are not still playing this. Each game is different, you get some really good midfield battles, and I am not being affected by 'scripting'.

So anyway, anyone following knows my frustration with a certain game in the demo; Roma v Corinthians. Every time I play as Roma v Corinthians, the scripting seems to go into overdrive and Vagner Love is amazing. Some horrible games. So I thought I'd mess about with the formations and stuff and lo and behold, the game seemed to have shifted in my favour. Now I know you can retort back with 'well PES is deep that's why tactics mean everything' and to an extent I would agree that tactics in PES can have a profound effect on how the games play out.

What my problem is though is that even changing formation pre game seems to have an effect on code/scripting even before you've kicked a ball, and this is what I'm confused about. Why is it using formation A as Roma sends the game into a chaotic scripted mess whilst changing it levels the game out and makes Vagner Love Vagner Love?

The change was a simple 4-3-3 to 4-5-1, but immediately you could see the effect. It seemed to send the CPU into a state of confusion where they would give possession away more cheaply, miss the shots they normally would score and with more 'things' going my way.

Now I know I want depth to the game, and tactics should aid in the changing of the game, but it seems that certain tactics change the outcome/momentum of games even before a ball is kicked. Playing with the default formation Love would score at least one scripted goal with the norm being 2 or 3. In four games using the switched formation he scored once. I also changed the players around too putting strikers in midfield and midfielders up front and the same occurred; I just felt the game be balanced with an undercurrent of it favouring me at times and their CPU ability reflecting their stats.

Now, like I say, I'm all for tactics affecting the game, but when it seems to impact the code/scripting even before a ball is kicked then I do have a little issue with it. I wonder therefore whether the majority of matches (more or less) are pre-determined to go a certain way at kick off with the tactics set. I shall look into it further. I know Klash is big on his tactics if not necessarily knowing their full impact on scripting etc.

I am guessing you are talking about PES2016, as I mention above I don't feel scripting in 2015. Maybe the CPU tries harder when losing but it is so important to play it cool and cut out the passes and the runs. Another thing I do, is if in doubt I kick it out! If under pressure I try not to play out from the back as that is when a pass can go straight to the CPU and he can score. The last game I mentioned above against Wigan, we had Diakite sent off in the 86 minute and then they were pressing me. I thought they are going to score soon it's so obvious as the ball was going straight to them. Then Green pulled off a one on one save and from the clearance Polter scored the winner for us.

I've said it about PES 5 in past, you can fight against the 'script' just concentrate and change tactics. But I am talking about PES 2015 not 2016, that may be different. Also I tried to get into 2013 for a while but I found that that was scripted. I could defend well being patient, concentrating, but then the wrong player would be controlled allowing the CPU to undo all my hard work. It happened time and time again. Maybe that is not scripting maybe it was just bad player switching.

Back
Top Bottom