PES 2014 free training vs actual match

Ps3 exclusives are definitely the keepers for the generation. I agree and saw videos myself on other games. But PES was always made for the PlayStation first. I think the first pc one was only for PES3.

Amazing how different the game feels in training. It plays excellently! If they can fix the ordinary game modes to be this good, we have a winner!

Exactly. Why aren't more people trying and giving feedback? It's like a totally another game altogether. We need someone to feedback this to konami. If they get the real game and fluidness like training, we have a wonderful game people.

Yeah, I literally played an hour long match of Spurs vs Norwich, and except for the odd goalkeeper mistake here and there, it was just a blast. Smooth and fluent, shots felt good, no slow-downs or stutters or players not reacting to the ball.

Yeah exactly what I felt thus the creation of this thread. Feels fantastic. You're on ps3 too?

Yep, PS3. Have it on PC too though, and it's the same story there (despite running it on a more than good enough PC).

I have no any slowdowns on pc, free training and normal matches runs exactly the same. Take note that free training is at regular difficulty by default, so its easier to dribble, shoot and pass thus looking like all these aspects are better.

ye, right..
don't tell us such things, you can tell that some kids, thx

tried to play some games, sluggish mess, its not about slowdowns, there are no downs, its a big whole single downer the whole match

I tested on free training, slow down is not as "evident" but there are cases where I get stuttering and a 1-2 sec slow down when collecting ball from a rebound or shooting from a rebound in the box. The stuttering is something I don't experience in normal games very weird but button response is better in the box on comparison in certain scenario.

If u play lots of low pass, one time shoot method I find that the slowdown is more prominent in normal games compared to free training when there are lots of players in the box. But if u play more crosses and long ball the games are pretty much the same regardless what mode u play.

Teams I used are licensed teams, South Americans teams.. This is on PS3. I'll test with non licensed kit teams and see if the difference is there as someone posted licensed kits teams are causing the issue lol more and more rumors going around.

I have a feeling it really depends in the teams and the setup, meaning how many players in the box and where the ball is ha.. Will let you guys know. But the fact is ps3 is just not optimize for the game period and to be honest the game is built base on PC and so it the fox engine. I think konami have not really tested the fox engine on the PS3. As MGS V is showcased on PC and PS4 and Xbox is basically PC architecture thus less problem compared to PS3

So many people are suffering slowdowns. Fix the damn shit konami. Can someone email this threads link to konami or smtg? Slowdown does not mean catchup bug, going by their instagrams. Fools.

Yeah, I literally played an hour long match of Spurs vs Norwich, and except for the odd goalkeeper mistake here and there, it was just a blast. Smooth and fluent, shots felt good, no slow-downs or stutters or players not reacting to the ball.

Yeah game of the year mate!

If training is not smooth for you but match is, nothing to worry. If other way around like so many others on different forums, smtg huge to worry for.

Has anyone tried training and been amazed by the game? The game seriously feels like a HD pes6 and it's so much better than an actual match. In terms of animation and movement it's practically perfect with zero slowdown.

Totally amazing game but yet the normal match is filled with slowdowns and frame rate drops. Has anyone feedbacked this to konami? I've never seen a pes game even as realistic in terms of everything in the free training. I've even seen gk saves and animation I never saw in an actual match. Why the discrepancy? Seriously can see konami's direction in training, it's flawless.

On a PS3 and you'd realize the slowdowns are not just in the penalty box after trying free training.

Please everyone, try it and feedback the differences here and maybe we could send it to konami.

Yeah im the same.. been playing ps3 version training games, and yeah.. its how the game should play. Absolutely no slowdown, response is improved.. its just runs perfect :) I spend more time in this mode than anything else.. just wish I could change the kit combinations, as often the team I play has the same kit colour.

Just out of interest. Also on the ps3 version, I notice more slow down (or should i say slow motion affect in and around the box) during multiplayer offline games compared to one player games. Immediately after playing the ps3 version in multiplayer, I hooked up the Pc version.. hooked up to my 46inch.. I have to say, there is virtually no slowdown in that.. It is so much better than the ps3 in terms of fluid gameplay.. very similar to training mode in ps3...
good post... cause the ps3 training mode is ultimately how the game should play. Im hoping that when the ps4 comes out, the ps3 version of pes2014 plays much better on that system considering upped performance of the console. PS4 will be backward compatible right??? in that case I hope that means it plays the ps3 version of pes2014 as it was intended with no slowdown whatsoever... ala training mode ;)

It's a definite bug on the PS3, almost as if the CPU can't process all the animations when there are many bodies on the screen.

Install the game to your PS3's Hard Drive. Then go to Settings on the Dashboard and change Display Settings to 720 rather than 1280p or 1280i. That massively reduces the problem to the point it's barely noticeable. This will suffice until they patch the problem, which is what has been touted.

The lack of bodies on the Training Field is testament to where I believe the problem lies.

Shocking from Konami though, in this day and age......

don't know about lack of bodies, as I play 11 v 11 and its flawless.
Definitely a crowd thing. Also I wouldn't be surprised if during actual games, there is more ai/tactics processing in the mix. Also there is definitely more slowdown in offline multiplayer compared to 1 v cpu.

I have no any slowdowns on pc, free training and normal matches runs exactly the same. Take note that free training is at regular difficulty by default, so its easier to dribble, shoot and pass thus looking like all these aspects are better.

I have both ps3 and pc versions (decent graphics card).
ps3 - offline multiplayer has many slowdowns and slow motion moments in the box. 1 vs cpu - better, but still with slowmotion moments. Traning 11v 11 is amazing.. flawless and how pes 2014 should be.

pc - no slowdown in multiplayer or 1 vs cpu. Cannot tell difference between the training mode.

Don't know what it is though, I still prefer the ps3 training mode, even to the smooth and higher res of the pc. Something about console gaming I guess..

Thats the reason I made this thread. And it's horrible they sent this game out for retail.

I love the gameplay in training, yes, but that's not what we get the game for.

I'm pretty sure it's either the crowd issue or a heart issue since it shouldn't come into play on training.

There are obvious reasons on the ps3 mode but despite people calling for it, konami has not officially come outright and determined and confirmed it. That's disappointing knowing how many of us play their games from early 2000s.

Yeah im the same.. been playing ps3 version training games, and yeah.. its how the game should play. Absolutely no slowdown, response is improved.. its just runs perfect :) I spend more time in this mode than anything else.. just wish I could change the kit combinations, as often the team I play has the same kit colour.

Just out of interest. Also on the ps3 version, I notice more slow down (or should i say slow motion affect in and around the box) during multiplayer offline games compared to one player games. Immediately after playing the ps3 version in multiplayer, I hooked up the Pc version.. hooked up to my 46inch.. I have to say, there is virtually no slowdown in that.. It is so much better than the ps3 in terms of fluid gameplay.. very similar to training mode in ps3...
good post... cause the ps3 training mode is ultimately how the game should play. Im hoping that when the ps4 comes out, the ps3 version of pes2014 plays much better on that system considering upped performance of the console. PS4 will be backward compatible right??? in that case I hope that means it plays the ps3 version of pes2014 as it was intended with no slowdown whatsoever... ala training mode ;)

You're still getting a pes after this hooblah this year on PlayStation? That's insane. They don't deserve the sales.

You're still getting a pes after this hooblah this year on PlayStation? That's insane. They don't deserve the sales.

im definitely getting a ps4.. and hoping it plays my ps3 pes2014 without all the slowdown issue.

Regarding heart, you can just turn that off in exhibition games (not sure about tournaments).. I may try that to see if it does have an effect on slowdown.

BTW, I have installed the game onto my HDD from my pes2014 disk.. which probably helps. Im trying to help a friend out to show him how to do it, but I cant find the option (maybe because ive already installed it)... can anyone help. Where is it... I though it was in options in the pes2014 menu.

Not sure about setting the ps3 to 720p, which people have said decreases slowdown.. where do you do that on the ps3??? There are quite a few game/video setting that can be tinkered in the ps3 so some optimization may actually help...

It's a definite bug on the PS3, almost as if the CPU can't process all the animations when there are many bodies on the screen.

Install the game to your PS3's Hard Drive. Then go to Settings on the Dashboard and change Display Settings to 720 rather than 1280p or 1280i. That massively reduces the problem to the point it's barely noticeable. This will suffice until they patch the problem, which is what has been touted.

The lack of bodies on the Training Field is testament to where I believe the problem lies.

Shocking from Konami though, in this day and age......

Just wondering how you install the game onto your ps3 again?? ive done it, and now trying to find that option again to help a friend out.

Also, where is the dashboard?? on the ps3.. im guessing in the settings..but which settings excactly do you change??

System settings and last option there should be an install. Didn't help me at all, including the 720p. Maybe just subtlety.

Its seems really weird that some people do and some not.... I don't get stuttering issues at all during normal matches but in training mode I do...

The player freeze for a sec before collecting the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvm3RGdVUE

I'll do more test
I play PES 2014 on three different PS3s and I have honestly NEVER seen anything like that. I was starting to think everyone was imaging things.

im definitely getting a ps4.. and hoping it plays my ps3 pes2014 without all the slowdown issue.

The PS4 is not backwards compatible, so it can't run PS3 games.

Sony will eventually launch a PS3 game streaming service like OnLive, where, basically, a remote PS3 plays your game, the audio and video is transmitted to your PS4 and your input is sent back to the PS3. Even if you happen to live right next to the server park, you should expect additional input lag and the games won't run better than they did on your own PS3.

Interesting there are some not experiencing any forms of slowdown on their ps3s from pes, even in the box. Perplexing.

Interesting there are some not experiencing any forms of slowdown on their ps3s from pes, even in the box. Perplexing.

I've been playing a lot online and offline. I've only experienced it once for about 10 secs. Within that 10 sec window, everything on the screen stuttered. That's the only time I saw the bug.

Online is laggy, but that's probably not the slowdown you are all speaking of?

Training mode and exhibition matches play the same way for me.

I'm playing on the PS3 Super Slim, default resolution, game installed on drive. Not sure if that makes any difference. It played fine even when I didn't install it.

You're probably one of those who don't encounter the problem. If you do, it won't be once in 10 matches. It'll exist in and outside the penalty box in all 10 matches. It can be subtle at times so it's impossible judging it from videos.

I look at 360 videos, and I tell myself, no way my copy on PlayStation plays like that. Not even remotely close.

I'd like to add that I'm playing the US/Americas version.

What are the characteristics of this "slowdown"? Control delays? Actual slow speed of animation (like -1 or -2 speed)? Stuttering/blurry graphics? I'll try to pay more attention.

I play a very slow game, small touches, walking pace, with very little striker presence. I don't attack the box with speed a lot. But I didn't see anything wrong when defending my box.

In the box things slow down, shots and movement in box seems to be in a slight slow motion. No actual stutter or lag.

Back
Top Bottom