PES 2014 free training vs actual match

Rooney10

Championship
10 November 2006
Has anyone tried training and been amazed by the game? The game seriously feels like a HD pes6 and it's so much better than an actual match. In terms of animation and movement it's practically perfect with zero slowdown.

Totally amazing game but yet the normal match is filled with slowdowns and frame rate drops. Has anyone feedbacked this to konami? I've never seen a pes game even as realistic in terms of everything in the free training. I've even seen gk saves and animation I never saw in an actual match. Why the discrepancy? Seriously can see konami's direction in training, it's flawless.

On a PS3 and you'd realize the slowdowns are not just in the penalty box after trying free training.

Please everyone, try it and feedback the differences here and maybe we could send it to konami.

I have read that the stadium crowd delay/lag.

Maybe this is the reason of the framerate drops and slowdowns.

Have you tried it personally the free training? If not, I plead with you to try it. I haven't been able to put down my controller for 2 hours. The game is amazing at training. I believe it's the empty crowds too but how do we remove crowds on ps3? Not possible at all. It's slow motion in an actual match.

I remember the same issue happens in WE7 (or WE7I) on PS2. But in the game you have the option to change the ammount of people on the grade. Maybe Konamim will fix it in a future patch

Maybe is not enough. Theyve said theyre looking at slowdowns. But are they aware free training is this fluid and real life like?

yes i can agree, someone did a no crowd patch because of that if i remember correctly

changing the cam settings helps in match, use wide cam or similar, feels more like training

Why should cam settings come into play? My custom settings for training works well enough. Is the game that unfinished?

Too bad theres no crowd patch for ps3. What's the big deal about their processing anyway when they still look like cardboards??

I think it's a PS3-issue, cause I'm playing on xbox360 and I have no framerate issues nor inputlag while playing on the pitch.

Only in replays when I swerve the camera around and get a lot of the audience into the picture the framerate dips, but otherwise it's smooth, even in the last third of the pitch.

It's a definite bug on the PS3, almost as if the CPU can't process all the animations when there are many bodies on the screen.

Install the game to your PS3's Hard Drive. Then go to Settings on the Dashboard and change Display Settings to 720 rather than 1280p or 1280i. That massively reduces the problem to the point it's barely noticeable. This will suffice until they patch the problem, which is what has been touted.

The lack of bodies on the Training Field is testament to where I believe the problem lies.

Shocking from Konami though, in this day and age......

It's a definite bug on the PS3, almost as if the CPU can't process all the animations when there are many bodies on the screen.

Install the game to your PS3's Hard Drive. Then go to Settings on the Dashboard and change Display Settings to 720 rather than 1280p or 1280i. That massively reduces the problem to the point it's barely noticeable. This will suffice until they patch the problem, which is what has been touted.

The lack of bodies on the Training Field is testament to where I believe the problem lies.

I'm sure it comes down to Konami just not finishing the game off in time for release. In every mode, in the gameplay, in most functions there is something that seems unfinished.

There is no vsync or skip frame option on PC, injuries don't work, nobody misses a game or is forced off, things like that all over. This should in theory be easy to sort out with a patch which sorts out the Level of Detail ingame.

I know how passionate you are on pes and I am just as much but I've tried these settings long ago and it's the same. It doesnt play like it does in training even on 11v11.

Shocking from them and I sincerely hope while they look at slow motion, they look at how great the training is..

Or should I Open a thread on WENB?

I'm sure it comes down to Konami just not finishing the game off in time for release. In every mode, in the gameplay, in most functions there is something that seems unfinished.

There is no vsync or skip frame option on PC, injuries don't work, nobody misses a game or is forced off, things like that all over. This should in theory be easy to sort out with a patch which sorts out the Level of Detail ingame.

The main diff between both modes is the crowds. I sincerely don't mind they remove the crowds or put it way down to like in the past.

But come on you're talking about a PlayStation that handled GTA just fine.. it's pretty much a coding problem.

I think if they're not able to match the gameplay in training, it'll be such a waste. In training, I can see this is finally the proper successor of pes5/6. The different animations and the keepers are even much faster and dive in all sorts of ways.

You need to put in 30 mins of free training to see. Seriously guys, just go on free training and play on for a good 30 minutes

You'll see touches you never did before.

I do agree it could mainly be due to unfinished code.

I had a CPU player go off injured last night, after what was a horrendous challenge from my CB.

I had a CPU player go off injured last night, after what was a horrendous challenge from my CB.

I like how say it was an awful challenge from your CB, as if you weren't the instigator :)

I often bore my girlfriend with an exclamation of frustration and she'll ask me what's wrong. I'll say my striker missed a sitter or something like that, even though I was clearly controlling said striker.

I don't know if this is a positive testament to the game, or just that we're both a little sad...

...probably both in my case :)

I like how say it was an awful challenge from your CB, as if you weren't the instigator :)

I often bore my girlfriend with an exclamation of frustration and she'll ask me what's wrong. I'll say my striker missed a sitter or something like that, even though I was clearly controlling said striker.

I don't know if this is a positive testament to the game, or just that we're both a little sad...

...probably both in my case :)

I was definitely the instigator, the little shit from Udinese was absolutely taking the piss out of me for a good 60 minutes. In the end I'd had enough, so I smashed the little shit. I took the Red Card like a man. :)

I was definitely the instigator, the little shit from Udinese was absolutely taking the piss out of me for a good 60 minutes. In the end I'd had enough, so I smashed the little shit. I took the Red Card like a man. :)

I know it doesn't actually cause injury, but I tend more for when I get them near the sidelines or goal-line, I do a shoulder barge so they go flying into the advertising. To me that feels VERY satisfying!

I then picture my player standing over them going 'now what have we learnt about being cocky?'

HOW are you doing this?????

You know what I'm going to start fouling more!!! :COAT: I thought i might of done it when I hacked Bale down in a champions league qualifier but he came back on good as new :(

:LMAO:

Anyone knows if konami or Adam knows the gameplay in training?

Of course Konami knows the gameplay in training - it created the game...

PES is not the best tested game on the planet (understatement!), but you can be sure that many hours were spent in each mode/area of the game before release.

Pretty sad when they can't replicate it then eh?

I played about 20 mins of free training on the 360 today. It felt no different to a proper match. Maybe it's worth you getting a cheap 2nd hand 360 for this game. It sounds like the PS3 version is broken.

Last edited:
Wrong person. I've never used l2. Open your eyes. It helps before you press a key on the board.

Not surprise if this is true. Might have an effect on PC as well since hardware and software configuration is greatly vary.

On me, it makes no difference. But then my game doesn't suffer from major lag input and frame rate drop.

Sorry this only applies to ps3 I think. It's a popular issue going ard in other forums and Twitter. Training feels out of the world compared to an actual match. Absolutely zero slowdown and amazing animations.

Sorry this only applies to ps3 I think. It's a popular issue going ard in other forums and Twitter. Training feels out of the world compared to an actual match. Absolutely zero slowdown and amazing animations.

I agree with you, waiting for the patch then i'll start playing again, the cd is back in it's case for now *utterly saddened* :MAD::MAD:

Same for me. Unfortunate for us ps3 users. Very rare for games to be ported to ps3 instead. Try being satisfied with training for now

Same for me. Unfortunate for us ps3 users. Very rare for games to be ported to ps3 instead. Try being satisfied with training for now

I think it was often the case this gen that multi-plat games were worse on the PS3. A PS3 is for exclusives really, or in case you prefer the controller.

Back
Top Bottom