PES 2012: The Wish List

In relation to shooting animations, I would love to see a proper implementation of a player's swerve rating tied in to the ball trajectory on all shots, not just free kicks. So with Ronaldo, the ball might move around on a long range shot without having to execute a special knuckleball button combination. Or with Del Piero, a finesse shot has a nice amount of curve to it. You see a bit of it now but nothing that pops out like wow that was nice! I'm not talking a trick that you can spam, just something that appears to happen randomly but really is tied in with body posture, swerve rating, technique etc.

Fix the problem of defenders constantly clearing the ball rather than passing back to the goalkeeper. I dont think ive ever seen the computer ever make a backpass. This happens so often in football.

I Got To Page 5 And Got Bored So I Don't Know If It Has Been Mentioned But What Happened To The 'International Challenge' Where We Could Call Up Players & Play Qualifiers Etc..?

In The 5 Pages I Read Most Things Have Been Covered.. :)

Not sure if this has been posted, don't want to sift through 12 pages, the offside rule needs to be sorted. Sometimes, well a lot of the times the player given offside is not actually offside.

Youth players who don't get drastically good by the time they're 21 for no real reason and so frequently. Nothing inherently wrong with that but it looks like it takes away a lot of the challenge when i hear people mentioning they have 4/5 promoted youth players who are 85+ in their team.

That rarely happens to any team IRL after all except the obvious 2/3.

I concede that i could be completely wrong about this issue though after having played ML a grand total of once, for about half a season, so i'm free to be questioned about whether my point is valid as i'm basing it completely on what it appears to be like for others.

Last edited:
Here's my ideas..

Improvements -

* The offside system just doesn't work at times. You look at the line and there's an opposition defender stood further towards goal who isn't included?.
* I understand the player switching debate and it needs to be addressed. In my opinion the game seems to hamper your switching when it decides it wants to score/shoot. When you have a Master League team on form the switching is barely noticeable most of the time.
* My biggest issue with the Master League is the presentation and the loading times between 'weeks', there's alot of trawling. They could do a few things to spruce it up.
* Loading times before games start up are slow. Maybe could dispose of the dressing room scene.
* The biggest gameplay problems I have are when you play a chip over the top, the player running on generally wont kick the ball to shoot. The other being volleys, most players tend to go for acrobatic volleys/scissor kicks rather than a simple volley - unless thats my timing.

Wishful Thinking

* Champions League Licence - Why not take advantage, classic CL/European Cup teams and players. Similar to that old CL game.
* Be nice to see your proper subs sat on the subs bench during games.
* Fully editable managers for each team. Be nice to create/edit the manager who stands on the touchline. In Master League could also be an idea to have manager stats too that can improve (eg. inspiration, tactical ability, influence). Would be a nice addition.
* Editable flags for stadiums. This has been done in the past, and with a better editor we could have some real life added to the stadiums.
* Choice of what crowd colours are.
* Bring back the old training modes with challenges, loved the free kick one.

I was thinking (it's probably too late now, but for PES 2013)

If PES wants to cater to the hardcore, those of us who'd rather play a good ML than check online leadeboards, they should make PES an install game like Forza. Maybe two CD's and everything. That way they can include all the teams spaces, stadiums and ideas we want.

We have Hard drives now, so why not use them?

I know gameplay is most important, but in a ML season it would help alot to see many different teams, to have different levels. Imagine a BAL as a South American who plays the Local league then gets to Libertadores, where he is seen by European scouts, who get him to Mid table European team. Or a young talent who plays in a lower division, but helps team to go deep in the National cup. Bigger team scouts you, and bam you move on.

Imagine in ML going to different stadiums, every team with their own stadium. If PES became an install game, it could do such a thing, it could have nearly endless lower leagues, it could have unlimited chants, replays, kits etc...

I think this should be Konami's next step.

I'm sure these have been posted already in some form, but here goes. Some gameplay related, some superficial, 'football fan' aesthetic points that would, well, make the game feel more authentic and a bit nicer to play ;))

- Ball physics need a drastic overhaul. It's like kicking a deflated ball at times. There's no sensation that the ball rolls properly, it looks more like it just 'shunts' along with flat bounces.

- Audio; crowds, commentary, all awful. A total revamp needed, not gonna happen. PLEASE reduce the volume of ball 'thuds' when it's kicked by about 80%!!

- A very , very tiny and largely unimportant point here, but when you play in training mode, it's the most annoying thing when you practice shooting, the keeper saves, then instead of the game just making him roll the ball back out to your attackers for another go, he waits then punts it all the way down the field. All football games have always done this, and it bugs me! It's like trying to practice with some annoying guy who just kicks the ball away from you all the time!

- Goalkeeper control; After 10 years or so, it's time that, when your keeper has the ball in his hands, you should have full control of the direction and power he can throw and kick the ball. This is a rare thing FIFA gets spot on. Currently, you can't even make him wait for your team to get up the pitch before he auto kicks the ball out, and throws are severely limited. It's a really basic issue that would help the flow of the game immensely.

- ML; more financial control - ticket prices, stadium expansion etc.

- Celebrations; new celebrations please! Perhaps the ability to perform your own if you want, again as in FIFA. It's good fun and makes goals feel more dynamic and that you're 'involved'.

- Through pass; needs massively reducing down, so it's more of a delicate, precision pass that's effective in very advanced positions, but still MUCH harder to pull off.

- Editing; more slots, choice of those tight shirts for edited kits (doesn't need to break Adidas copyrights, just make the shirts fit on the player models in a similar way - they look more realistic imo).

- Improved player switching.

- A return to the old style of player switching options, where manual actually IS manual, rather than the current 'manual' of having the game play for you unless you can get control of a player before the CPU can.

- As in PES6, dynamic kits where shirts untuck, socks roll down, and kits get muddy during the game. Utterly bizarre why this feature went awol with next-gen.

Personally, I'd like to see Konami do away with Be A Legend entirely and make more space/time available to develop the main game. I'm sure others will strongly disagree but I think Konami needs to walk before it can run with PES now.

Last edited:
- As in PES6, dynamic kits where shirts untuck, socks roll down, and kits get muddy during the game. Utterly bizarre why this feature went awol with next-gen.

This is something that irritates me. I remember being able to swap shirts, shorts and socks individually in PES5, which added to the experience immensely, but by PES6 the option had gone. If it was a licensing issue then I can understand but, going on Konami's history, it may well be just another case of unnecessary culling.

Personally, I'd like to see Konami do away with Be A Legend entirely and make more space/time available to develop the main game. I'm sure others will strongly disagree but I think Konami needs to walk before it can run with PES now.

This I strongly, strongly, disagree with. Become A Legend is one of the game's strongest features now, if anything they need to build on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom