PES 2011 Demo impressions

Hi chaps,

Managed one game so far this morning (Estudiantes v Chivas) before work as took about 3hrs to download it last night.

My first impressions are highly positive - the pace of the game seems just about spot on and not too frantic which I abhor (perhaps would need to go to -1 playing with top teams?)

Scored a nice goal with alesandro from a deep cross, but conceded not long after as it seemed that Chivas had upped their game a bit.

I was playing this on default long camera which is what I have always used and didnt mind teh new camera. My biggest bugbear was that both teams wear a combination of red and white which is something I'm sure Konami could have given more though too.

So far so goo, and can't wait to get home and play so more..

Loving what I am hearing in regards to the long ball button, it's always been my biggest gripe in PES since forever. Glad you can play little chipped balls as well as long balls and that there are different kinds of spin and trajectory depending on the bounce of the ball :)

The new defensive system is great!

Holding X and pulling the analog stick away from the man in possession, I was able to back track with Pique and take out Klose just at the right time. Its such a great way to play defensively. Its all about the timing and it allows you to stifle out those hard teams and players.

Its fantastic to see everyone so optimistic about PES for the first time in so many years. :)

I have played the demo and loving it. Could someone answer these 2 questions.

1. Is there a button similar to FIFA's 'trigger run'? my forwards just seem to stand around.

2. Will I be able to turn off all these silly after foul cutscenes in the full version?

EDIT: Has anyone had instances of the ball clipping right through a defender? Happend to me before and this happend on PES2010 with the goal keepers and was the reason I stopped playing.

Last edited:
cant get the demo yet

but can i ask off years of dpad

am i going to have to switch to get the full feel?

Yeah, I'd imagine passing wouldn't work at all with the d-pad. Never used it myself as I only recently swapped from Xbox to PS3, and the d-pad on the 360 controller is horrible anyways.

The new defensive system is great!

Holding X and pulling the analog stick away from the man in possession, I was able to back track with Pique and take out Klose just at the right time. Its such a great way to play defensively. Its all about the timing and it allows you to stifle out those hard teams and players.

Its fantastic to see everyone so optimistic about PES for the first time in so many years. :)

I have side jockeyed on the wing, but yet to see the backpeddle animation, if very inconsistent with this. Do you hold X then push straight back to your goal, or try and press them both at the same time ?

Loving what I am hearing in regards to the long ball button, it's always been my biggest gripe in PES since forever. Glad you can play little chipped balls as well as long balls and that there are different kinds of spin and trajectory depending on the bounce of the ball :)

Your going to love the long ball and long passing,its so subtle and pressure sensitive and you can create some stunning angles using clever foot placement and body position.Theres also alot more kinetic energy in the ball when its passed around so you can generate power by passing quickly and dribbling.Im also able to change the elevation on long passes and im able to hit a manual low cross into the box from the wings much like a shot that centres low around the six yard box without having to triple tap the the circle button.Im also enjoying using the manual modifier to cross manually.

This puppy certainly has layers and you can be very creative with the ball if you have the imagination and bravado to try.

Last edited:
PES 2011 INITIAL DEMO IMPRESSIONS

I have just finished playing 3 games of the PES 2011 demo. All of my matches were against the CPU on Professional difficulty.

The first match I was Barcelona against Bayern Munich and I lost 4-3. The second match I was SC Internacional against Chivas and I lost 1-0 and finally the third match I was Bayern Munich and I won 2-1 against Barcelona.

I have played the MLO Beta extensively and this demo is a clear step up from the MLO Beta code. I was impressed to see that many of the bugs we had addressed have gone but not all of them. Player runs are more intelligent when off the ball. Player response feels sharper and the shooting is much better but I think thats due to me playing with better teams now. However L1 change player is still a bit annoying.

I really love the shooting. It just feels great. I managed to score a beauty with Sergio Busquets from outside of the box with the outside of his foot and it curled and dipped into the bottom corner.

Player individuality is more pronounced in the demo. Messi is extremely dangerous and has fantastic close control but he isnt unstoppable. A well timed tackle will dispossess him. Robben as you would expect is a great dribbler.

Stamina can be seen without having to go into the options. It did seem to have an adverse effect in my Copa Libertadores match. My tired players were pushed off the ball easily and shots and passes were misplaced and hit.

Referees are much more strict than in the beta or PES 2010. Had many yellow cards in my first match due to late challenges.

Computer AI is quite impressive. They play really well by building up play and counter attacking at the right times.

Goalkeepers are definitely better than the MLO beta but they still make some silly mistakes. Victor Valdes rushed out off his line and let in a soft goal into his near post.

I havent had time to try out the new defensive system too much or the tricks so I will look into it a bit later.

The graphics seem better than in the MLO code and the replay function is fantastic. My complaint about the camera not keeping up with the action is now gone. The camera moves quicker than in the beta. All my matches were in wide cam.

The audio is improved also. There is no commentary in the demo obviously but the crowd are far more vocal. You can hear new chants and they boo really loudly when certain challenges are made or when the away team score.

Whats really annoying is that once the match is finished and you want to go back to the menu, the Gamescom trailer is played each and every time. Its so long and you cant skip it! I have to quit the game and start it again. Also team rosters arent up to date but its just a demo and they will be fixed for retail release.

Overall im very impressed. Its a clear step up from the MLO Beta and I keep getting that one more game feeling. For me its already the best PES this gen and a definite buy for any football fan. :)

gud write up i feel the same im a bit optamistic about the shooting tho ...maybe time i will get used to it

I scored a very ugly yet satisfying goal using the new long ball passing. I had possesion with Lahm just outside my own area and noticed Klose making a run between Puyol and Maxwell towards goal. I thought why the hell not, and hit a long ball which landed right between the defensive line and the goalkeeper. Valdes rushed out but Klose just beat him to the ball for an easy tap-in into an empty net.

In real life we'd call it hoofball, but in PES it felt so incredibly satisfying.

Your going to love the long ball and long passing,its so subtle and pressure sensitive and you can create some stunning angles using clever foot placement and body position.Theres also alot more kinetic energy in the ball when its passed around so you can generate power by passing quickly and dribbling.Im also able to change the elevation on long passes and im able to hit a manual low cross into the box from the wings much like a shot that centres low around the six yard box without having to triple tap the the circle button.Im also enjoying using the manual modifier to cross manually.

This puppy certainly has layers and you can be very creative with the ball if you have the imagination and bravado to try.

Music to my ears - bring on the demo!!!!!!

I have played the demo and loving it. Could someone answer these 2 questions.

1. Is there a button similar to FIFA's 'trigger run'? my forwards just seem to stand around.

2. Will I be able to turn off all these silly after foul cutscenes in the full version?

EDIT: Has anyone had instances of the ball clipping right through a defender? Happend to me before and this happend on PES2010 with the goal keepers and was the reason I stopped playing.

I've been asking for the trigger run for AGES.

I scored a very ugly yet satisfying goal using the new long ball passing. I had possesion with Lahm just outside my own area and noticed Klose making a run between Puyol and Maxwell towards goal. I thought why the hell not, and hit a long ball which landed right between the defensive line and the goalkeeper. Valdes rushed out but Klose just beat him to the ball for an easy tap-in into an empty net.

In real life we'd call it hoofball, but in PES it felt so incredibly satisfying.

I know. I'm looking forward to play with Stoke, Like Stoke :WORSHIP:

No other game apart from the average PES 2010 offers this :)

I've been asking for the trigger run for AGES.

It's not there, and as a (former) FIFA-fanatic I really miss it. You can compensate a lot using Game Plan and setting up your tactics but triggering runs became second nature, mostly because it's the easiest way to score online.

It's not there, and as a (former) FIFA-fanatic I really miss it. You can compensate a lot using Game Plan and setting up your tactics but triggering runs became second nature, mostly because it's the easiest way to score online.

Press R2 after you press pass and that triggers a run.

YouTube - Germany vs England ( Miroslav Klose Goal (Scored on 20th Minute!) (South-Africa World Cup 2010)

I'm really enjoying this game !

+
Freedom in passing/crossing.
Dribbling: You can really feel the 360° running.
Many fouls like in PES5: You can't just rush and take the ball, you need to anticipate.
Defense looks good.
Goalkeepers aren't that bad.
Animations are great.
Tackling feels better.
Difficult to outrun a player: I really like this one: so now you need to build up, instead of passing the ball to your fastest player and just run run run run...

-
Shooting feels a bit weak.
many off-sides: This can be really annoying especially when you cross the ball from the wing and your player is offside.

This year we can really say the KING is back ! :)

Press R2 after you press pass and that triggers a run.

its not that run thats the problem, its when your dribbling forward and you are expecting you team mates to make a run off the ball, and force the issue, thats where L1 is really missed.

i did have a play around with the tactics and that helped a little, but its still not as good as it should be by far.

its not that run thats the problem, its when your dribbling forward and you are expecting you team mates to make a run off the ball, and force the issue, thats where L1 is really missed.

i did have a play around with the tactics and that helped a little, but its still not as good as it should be by far.

Never used it to be honest, all I ever did was play short one-two's via L1+X for easy goal opportunities. I can imagine you missing it though, looks a bit silly if your fullback is standing there doing nothing with acres of space in front of him.

Never used it to be honest, all I ever did was play short one-two's via L1+X for easy goal opportunities. I can imagine you missing it though, looks a bit silly if your fullback is standing there doing nothing with acres of space in front of him.

yeah i like my full backs to be flying, but no joy, it was also useful for making your striker make the perfect run for a through ball, as both fifa and pro seem to hate having a striker run in behind.

Just scored my first free kick, nice curler over the wall into the top corner. If anyone else is struggling with free kicks I'd suggest using the d-pad to aim and add curl.

Back
Top Bottom