PES 2011 - Become a Legend Thread

Yeah that happens a lot, not sure why though.

Regarding the defenders magically knowing your position on free kicks and corners, I've noticed that it tends to happen when I'm up against good/very good/elite defenders. Nesta matched my every step last night a number of times, ring a ring a roses... When we played Chievo though their defenders movement was more realistic and managed to get away and score a header.

My player is a CF and has excellent shooting stats, I've learned the SS position now because my passing and technical stats are awful. Will they improve over time?

Also just before my move to Parma a message popped up and basically said that due to a change of coach my focus points have been adjusted and I should check them out. Has anyone seen this before?

You have the pause because you're not directly facing the player you passed to and you used a direction to point the pass. This forces you to take a good first touch so that you end up facing the player you want to pass to, and then all you need is to pass the ball to your teammate's feet. You'll then find you're no longer glued to the ground right after you pass.

Basically, control the ball towards your teammate and don't direct the pass.

All right so with further experimentation I've found that you can pass with or without R2 held down, but the duration that you hold down pass determines how much time you'll be "glued" to the pitch. So if you're trying to pass over long distances, you'll find it takes much longer for your player to move following the pass.

In other words, the time it takes for you to move following a pass is dependent on how hard you press the pass button.

In my second season,was ranked the 2nd best player in the squad made my england debut which really suprised me. They didn't qualify for euro 2012. It was a friendly at wembley and we were at 0-0. I came on took on a player, through ball to bent and 1-0. I was so happy. Finished 9th place with newcastle and hopefully we can sneak into a europa league spot at the end of this season, currently sitting 8th after 19 games. Last season i had 36 games, 3 assists and 4 goals. Now 17 games 2 goals and 5 assists. If we don't finish top 7 i might be tempted to look elsewhere. I should have had double my assists and i feel at old trafford (if they would have me) my needs would be truely met in stat increase assists and goal scoring oppertunities. Im a 67 right now. I sacrificed alot of points selecting a fast attacking mid player, but its gonna be worth it soon. Cmon fergie where are you... Once a toon always a red :P

It really sucks that the CPU players (on both teams) can't hit high through balls. I wonder if this is a bug in the game or if they removed it because of every team almost always play super high defensive line.

The only through balls for players to run on are low. The only high balls are with the cross/lob button and goes straight to the target and not for the player to take a run on.

Really annoying.

Actually some players do play high through balls, only not when you ask for the ball you have to get into a good position and hope unfortunately.

If you ask for the ball too much i find it can break down your teams play, sometimes its better to find space or make a run and don't ask - when you do they just pass it along the ground.

I hardly ever ask for a pass and have never ever seen my own or the other team hit high through balls. So they must be extremely rare, which I wouldn't say is realistic.

Maybe it depends on what team your at then, at barca i get quite a few. Can't remember if i got the same service at Lyon but probably not.

any tips how to play BAL for the best rating? so far i only can reach 6.5-7.0, it really sucks. my position is CF. thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe it depends on what team your at then, at barca i get quite a few. Can't remember if i got the same service at Lyon but probably not.

Well maybe my game is broken then, because like I said, it's just not my team. And it's not only in BAL, long high through balls by the CPU (like in older games) never happens in any game mode for me. Lob passes yes, but never through balls.

If you ever have time to capture a video of it happening I would love to see it, but I understand if you don't feel like it.

Newcastle went from 9th to 4th place beating out chelsea to the last spot. But i wanted to sign for united. Didn't sign a new contract, They sent their scouts, united didn't want me, newcastle release me and now im at rapid vienna. I guess i need a new challenge. :CRY:

Like to tell you about my BAL Story.

this isn't my main BAL as i'm going to start my proper one after i install a patch but anyways, i chose to start as a existing player so i created a CF/SS in the edit mode with an overall stat of 71 and put him in PSV i called him Fabinho (Brazilian of course) 18 years old and started the BAL. Its virtually the same expect you start of with much more money my starting salary was €1,030,000 something around that, and i had €30,000 from the start so i decided to upgrade my agent straight away.

First game i could not have gotten to a better start i scored two goals on my debut, a penalty and a 23 metre belter. i thought this was going to be easy wrong, played poor for the next four or five games. Then i started to find form again scoring two tap ins and next game i scored another two. The form continued to the midway point of the season and we had finished the midway point of the season top and into the knvb beker semi finals, with my personal stats in all competitions being 18 games 13 goals 2 assist.

The Transfer Window, well lets just say you get a hell of a lot more interesting offers than you would if you'd start with a normal BAL at this age, i got offers from Schalke 04, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Olympique Lyonnais, Juventus, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid. All offering a salary between €3,000,000 - €4,500,000 and those were just the big club offers, but in the end i turned them all down.

So i'm just started the second half of the season and 5 games in we are still top by 3 points, but i play Ajax next who are second and have a better goal difference. got knocked out of the europa league by liverpool 4-1, i skipped all europa league games cause like i said i'm starting a normal bal after i install a patch.
All in all i have enjoyed played BAL with existing player mode, and my best goal is without doubt the freekick i scored against feynoord from 25m out to win 1-0 after they dominated us. :APPLAUD:

Current tally: 22 Games 16 Goals 3 Assist​

I started my third season (77 overall) last night, I got a move to AC Milan and I'm enjoying the mode a lot more now, the difference in play styles is huge, no more 'low' long ball football. I also finally scored for England (after nine appearances).

I'm playing as the main forward with Pato and Robinho out wide, the fluidity is awesome and the service from Pirlo and Xabi Alonso is superb.

For the first three matches though I was kept out of the team by a 16 year Pippo Inzaghi.

Newcastle went from 9th to 4th place beating out chelsea to the last spot. But i wanted to sign for united. Didn't sign a new contract, They sent their scouts, united didn't want me, newcastle release me and now im at rapid vienna. I guess i need a new challenge. :CRY:

I didn't check, it wasn't rapiv vienna. It was actually racing santander. On a contract worth 3 times as much as my newcastle 1. Its a 4 year thing but i already have the united scouts watching me. Thats where i plan to move next and stay as long as possible.

Im 72 rated and 19 years old. Play attack mid

Stats

Ga/Go/Ass/Av rating
36/4/3/6.9
36/6/10/7.0
25/6/7/6.9

Still in 3rd season and hoping to get to the world cup. Qualifiers are at the end of the season.

I started my third season (77 overall) last night, I got a move to AC Milan and I'm enjoying the mode a lot more now, the difference in play styles is huge, no more 'low' long ball football. I also finally scored for England (after nine appearances).

I'm playing as the main forward with Pato and Robinho out wide, the fluidity is awesome and the service from Pirlo and Xabi Alonso is superb.

For the first three matches though I was kept out of the team by a 16 year Pippo Inzaghi.

What happends when we get old, do we get to start again?

If you need a bit of help and you want to create a CF choose an All-Rounder mould with Dribbling 6 Shooting 6 Power 2 you should get a player around 75-79 I got 78 the key stats were:
79 atk
77 body balance
78 speed
71 accelaration
71 stamina
78 dribble acc
80 dribble speed
85 shot acc
86 shot power
89 shot tec
74 fk acc
85 header acc
73 jump
81 aggression
7 form
6 for week foot acc n use

Ill try this out, hope ill get a good player.

I created my player and joined a small team in Netherlands because they gave me high playing chance and played a 4-3-3 formation. After two games (which i scored and made assists in the games), we bought a CMF at the end of the transfer window, and the coach all of a sudden changed to a 4-5-1 formation and stuck me to play AMF (I'm a SS training for a CF position as well). Then I just couldn't play well in that position and after 3 more games of 6-6.5 ratings, i got dropped to the bench and out of the squad. The team lost most of the games, and we dropped a lot in the standings

In November, i made it to the bench again, but I was played again as an AMF but the worst thing was, I got subbed on in the 60th minute, and subbed off in the 66th minute for 2 games, and eventually went to subbed on at 55th minute, and off in 56th minute. IT was a complete nightmare!! The final game before the winter break, I was subbed on as a CF and was the target player (when we were down 1-0 to Ajax), and I scored to make it 1-1 and made a cross to our striker to win it 2-1 (but somehow i didn't get the assist).

As I was hoping to leave in the transfer window, I got no interest from teams (well, who'd want a 17 yr old kid who never plays), but my team started to buy AMFs and when we started again after the winter break, We started playing 4-4-2 again and I got to start as an SS again. I quickly used this chance and scored a goal in that game. Then, the next game, a miracle happened and we started playing 4-3-3 again. Now I hope that we remain at the 4-3-3 formation for the coming months and I'm starting to like this team again. Hope that the coach does nothing stupid again.

Anyone else had such experience? subbed on and off in less than 10 minutes for a span of matches? I play in Top Player and i love this mode!

Anyone else had such experience? subbed on and off in less than 10 minutes for a span of matches? I play in Top Player and i love this mode!

It happened to me in my national team (Italy). I am playing as SS and there is no SS in Italy formation. Therefore I rarely get a chance and when I do, the coach sub me in and out within 5 minutes.

Hi guys. New to the forum. I am doing pretty well in my BSL at the moment. Started with Newcastle and had a season and a half there and was declining offers left right and center until my football team Chelsea offered me a deal. I took it up without hesitation. I led the team to premier league, champions league and english cup glory before they decided I was 'surplus to requirement' and weren't going to renew my contract (now where have I heard that before lol). Anyway I was forced to choose a contract from the 4 offers I had and I went with Valencia. We are doing fantastic and top of the la liga with 14 games won, 2 drawn and 1 lost with 49 goals scored and 8 conceded. I have played 167 games and scored 148 goals with 7 assists. However, the reason I am here is to ask why the teamwork stat never goes past 59?. I got to 59 at Chelsea before going to Valencia and I've just gone past half a season with them at got to 59 again but it won't go any higher. What gives?

Hi guys. New to the forum. I am doing pretty well in my BSL at the moment. Started with Newcastle and had a season and a half there and was declining offers left right and center until my football team Chelsea offered me a deal. I took it up without hesitation. I led the team to premier league, champions league and english cup glory before they decided I was 'surplus to requirement' and weren't going to renew my contract (now where have I heard that before lol). Anyway I was forced to choose a contract from the 4 offers I had and I went with Valencia. We are doing fantastic and top of the la liga with 14 games won, 2 drawn and 1 lost with 49 goals scored and 8 conceded. I have played 167 games and scored 148 goals with 7 assists. However, the reason I am here is to ask why the teamwork stat never goes past 59?. I got to 59 at Chelsea before going to Valencia and I've just gone past half a season with them at got to 59 again but it won't go any higher. What gives?

Welcome to the Madhouse :)

I dont know this for certain but I'll hazard a guess. I'm sure the Teamwork stat relates to how much you work for your team with regards closing down players and winning the ball back. Maybe because your a CF your not scoring highly in this area ? A top quality DMF usually has a Teamwork stat around the 82-87 mark for example. If that isnt the answer, then I'm sorry but I dont know.

I'm loving this mode - actually, I think over 90% of the time I've played PES 2011 has been BAL exclusively. Even though the Vertical Wide camera is still not as good as FIFA's BAP one is, I find it pretty decent - and with the L2 button to zoom out I find it rather good most of the times.

The 360 passing does make a difference, in PES 2011 I rarely pass in a direction I don't want to - something that used to happen a lot in previous years.

I've been playing as a SMF for Espanyol, and we finished the first season just below the UEFA line. Still, I got a message that we had qualified, so I decided to stay and reject all other offers. I want to win something in this team :)

Some neat stuff that happened: in one of the last matches of the season, we were 6th and facing Valencia who were 4th, but just 2 points away from us in the table.

In that week I get an offer from Valencia. I thought "the cheeky bastards", and so I did not reply. We went to the game, and after the game ended they withdrew the offer... I loved it - probably it wasn't on purpose, but they were able to mess with my head! :)

Can't you hold on to an offer for several weeks? Do you have to accept it immediately?

Also, when - or how - can I select the clubs I want to transfer to? That option seems to be greyed out, so far.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

I put 6 focus points on speed, but I don't seem to be getting any bonus points (ie: the red part of the bar) My player is 18 years old, so why does this happens? Speed only seems to increase with match experience, 0 or 6 focus points doesn't change anything.

@Nite/Mare - I don't know why you're not getting speed experience, maybe you already have an unbalanced high speed stat, and as such it doesn't grow as much as the others, comparatively? What do you mean "it only grows with match experience", though?

@DagsTJ - I use Vertical Wide, centered on the Player, using L2 to zoom out when needed, when I'm not with the ball. Works wonders, so far :)

My major problem with the BAL mode has been the extreme pressure of the opponent team towards my teammates, which has rendered the game unplayable.

I have uninstalled the patch, and I don't think I'll be updating the game unless I feel the need to play either ML or online...

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

I think I have it. You have to be captain of your club to pass the 59 teamwork rating, and I've just reached 60 on my character. How do you become captain of your club? I don't know, but I managed to help my team win the league in my first year, and I was awarded the captain's armband. Maybe it helped that I consistently got above a 6.0 rating, with under five 5.5 ratings.

Started as a 17 year old English player called Leo Cheung (my name :P)
He's a CF with the speedster build, 4 points into speed and shot, 3 into the card training thingy, i recently finished the 1-1 finisher and now im training the one touch thing, 1 point into pass, 1 into stamina and 1 into power,
The overall rating was 60 but half way through the season and im 62 overall.

Got quite a few offers but i instantly chose the offer from the English Premier League club Wigan, started off kinda slow , misplacing passes and blasting shots into the sky but i gradually got the hang of it and quickly became a regular in no time, we got a 6-1 win over bolton and and a couple of matches later, teammates respect me and passes the ball. and the goalie had a talk with me under the tunnel saying how i could be a key player in the future.

I like Wigan, it suits my style of play with putting pressure up front, through ball to me and i run like mad for a 1 on 1 with the goalie, but hopefully i'll move to my beloved NUFC

I started a BAL last night, but only had time to play one game. I used the Eye-Toy Camera to create my face, and I must say its quite scary how realistic I look on screen. It's me. I set myself as an AMF with Dribbling as my trademark. I managed to create an Overall of 67, he also has 86 for Dribbling Accuracy, 85 for Dribbling Speed, 81 for Technique and 81 for Passing Accuracy. Funnily enough, he has the Quick Scissors and the Talisman Player Card. And I got an offer and signed for my PEEL team, Chievo Verona. I cant wait to get home tonight and give him a good blast. I got the MOM in my first game with a 7.5 score by the way. Not that a bad start that. I'm on Professional as well, I find it alot more challenging that Regular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom