PES 2011 - Become a Legend Thread

mjsmith2k

Come on you Reds!
5 November 2005
Nottingham
Forest, Bulls, Patriots
I'll start us off with my career so far. I started my first season at De Graafschap and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I can see the development in my player and playing as an SS (sometimes CF) I've really had to learn how to be the most effective player up front. I've also become proud of my team adapting around me. At first the really didn't want to pass, but they adjusted to my style and provided me with some decent assists. After season 1 I've had a few offers, but the only tempting ones have been from the Premier League - Sunderland (29% call up, £29,000 p/year), Stoke (29% call up, £30,000 p/year), Bolton (65% call up, £30,000 p/year). I think I'm going with Bolton.

My player and position within the team:

pes20112010101120503915.png

pes20112010101119000129.png

A typical game average:

pes20112010101121054896.png

My end of season results:

pes20112010101519180734.png

My stats:

pes20112010101519175410.png

pes20112010101519175590.png

pes20112010101519175896.png

My finances:

pes20112010101519182796.png

Video of goals/assists/misses

YouTube - PES 2011 BAL - FIRST SEASON - DE GRAAFSCHAP

Last edited:
I'm enjoying this. Started with a Brazilian called Beto, I wanted to mould his style after Bebeto (nothing to do with the name btw, I just picked the first Brazilian sounding one I could find). Signed with Roda JC and scored twice in a 3-2 win over Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena. Not bad for a 17 year old debutant!

Maybe somebody could help with the stats? I want to create a long,strong,versatile forward like Ibra or Ola Toivonen

Maybe somebody could help with the stats? I want to create a long,strong,versatile forward like Ibra or Ola Toivonen

If you need a bit of help and you want to create a CF choose an All-Rounder mould with Dribbling 6 Shooting 6 Power 2 you should get a player around 75-79 I got 78 the key stats were:
79 atk
77 body balance
78 speed
71 accelaration
71 stamina
78 dribble acc
80 dribble speed
85 shot acc
86 shot power
89 shot tec
74 fk acc
85 header acc
73 jump
81 aggression
7 form
6 for week foot acc n use

Wooo BAL time!! :)

I've played through one and a bit seasons, with Almeria, in Spain. Playing on top player from the start this time. I'm an AMF and have steadily improved as time has gone on. Manager put me in the first 11 from the start so I've been playing regularly. I think I had about 4 goals and 3 assists in my first season, but I was often involved in build up play for our team's goals. We finished 7th and got a Europa League place, highlight of the season was beating Real Madrid twice in the league (also took 4 points off Barca)!

Start of my 2nd season and I was offered a contract extension, along with several offers from other average clubs. I extended my contract as I like Almeria better than any other offers I've had. Got my international call up at the beginning of the 2nd season, I've played in 2 friendlies for England. I've started the 2nd season brightly, with 3 goals and 3 assists in 6-7 games in the league, including a couple of last minute winners to bring home the 3 points. Enjoying BAL, hoping to sign a better agent soon as my wages have gone up with my contract extension and I want to try and get the attention of Barcelona.

Oh and I was in the La Liga best 11 at the end of my first season, which was a shock.

Last edited:
Started a BAL the other night. Had a few choices at the start, was mulling over signing for Sochaux in France, Catania in Italy or RCD Mallorca in Spain. Had a look at each one, at the playing styles, chance of me starting the matches and the training focus but also for european competition that only Mallorca could boast, being in the Europa League, so in the end I plumped for them. Made me realise to myself how much of a draw european matches can be for players in real life.

I'm a CMF but more of an attacking, passer type player. Initially the manager was playing me as a DMF alongside Marti but he clearly saw it as a waste of my talents and sacrificed a striker so I could play ahead of two DMF's in a CMF role. Only played through about 5 league games and we've won 2 and lost 3, I played in a loss and the 2 wins but was injured for losses vs. Racing and Athletic Club.

Next up is the Europa League first match away to Red Star which should be a test for the team and for my player.

Enjoying this mode, playing 10 min matches on Top Player. Not managed to score or get an assist yet though.

Quick question for those further into their BAL, does the team you are playing for sign/sell players?

Yeah they buy and sell players.

On the subject of your team, you'll also notice when you become more established that players will respond to how you play ie if you run down the wings or prefer the long ball they'll adjust their tatics accordingly. I thought that was a brilliant touch. You also notice your team improving throughout the season. I had to fight tooth and nail to become top scorer in my first season as Rose hit a spell of form towards the end and couldn't miss.

Played a few more games today and in general we are doing well. Just went out of the Copa Del Rey in the first round though after a 2-1 aggregate defeat against fucking Levante of all teams. Manager has also decided to change our formation again strangely and I am back at DMF getting the message after each game saying the current formation we are playing does not fit my position and that I should train to play one that does. Takes ages though.

Played about 15 games, got 1 goal (winner in first leg vs. Levante) and 0 assists as I'm too deep most of the time.

Has anyone been dropped yet? Like from the first team to the bench for a run of games?

Where's all the activity in here then eh? Guess they're all playing MLO!

Anyway, I finished my first season as a pro at R.C.D Mallorca and for the most part, it went well. I played 42 matches getting just the 1 goal and the 1 assist from CMF. Although mainly used at DMF throughout and the team were the 3 lowest scorers in the league despite finishing 10th (we had a decent defensive record too). Had a load of offers from random clubs from here, there and everywhere. Even Chelsea offered me a deal at one point but I rejected it as I feared I'd get very little playing time.

Got to about the end of July 2011 and in came Lille from France offering me £78,800 a year, 28k more than at Mallorca and I was off to France to see out a 4 year contract (I intend to stay there for that long). Their team is still very good, Hazard, Mavuba, Rami and Gervinho still plying their trade there. Alongside myself now, in my favoured CMF role.

Currently a 68 rated CMF but I did spend the first year learning the turning skills card so hopefully this year I'll see some more rapid improvements in my attributes. One good aspect of BAL I noticed was that your 'teamwork' attribute goes back to something like 20 when you move clubs, meaning it'll take time once more to settle in to your new team.

Started the season well, unpicked for the first league game which had me worried but then asked to start against Lyon, where we picked up a 2-1 win and I grabbed a 6.5 rating. Another 6.5 followed and in my third match I was our best performer grabbing a 7.0 despite a narrow 1-0 defeat to PSG away from home. Much happier playing for Lille though as the quality of the players is much more evident meaning better performances from my player.

Anyway, I finished my first season as a pro at R.C.D Mallorca and for the most part, it went well. I played 42 matches getting just the 1 goal and the 1 assist from CMF. Although mainly used at DMF throughout and the team were the 3 lowest scorers in the league despite finishing 10th (we had a decent defensive record too). Had a load of offers from random clubs from here, there and everywhere. Even Chelsea offered me a deal at one point but I rejected it as I feared I'd get very little playing time.

Got to about the end of July 2011 and in came Lille from France offering me £78,800 a year, 28k more than at Mallorca and I was off to France to see out a 4 year contract (I intend to stay there for that long). Their team is still very good, Hazard, Mavuba, Rami and Gervinho still plying their trade there. Alongside myself now, in my favoured CMF role.

Currently a 68 rated CMF but I did spend the first year learning the turning skills card so hopefully this year I'll see some more rapid improvements in my attributes. One good aspect of BAL I noticed was that your 'teamwork' attribute goes back to something like 20 when you move clubs, meaning it'll take time once more to settle in to your new team.

Started the season well, unpicked for the first league game which had me worried but then asked to start against Lyon, where we picked up a 2-1 win and I grabbed a 6.5 rating. Another 6.5 followed and in my third match I was our best performer grabbing a 7.0 despite a narrow 1-0 defeat to PSG away from home. Much happier playing for Lille though as the quality of the players is much more evident meaning better performances from my player.

Oh my beloved Lille, I know every player like the back of my hand. I'm sure you'll love it there, great set of lads. :)

Still trying to break in as a regular at Bolton. It's tough, but I'm getting there. Only scored a couple half way in the season.

We beat Manchester United though! :APPLAUD:

First season with Almeria as a AMF/SS, 12 goals and 5 assists first half of the season, i got called up to the Croatian national team against a friendly against Pakistan i believe, had a great game and scored 2 goals.

I noticed there is a "My Desired Clubs" however i cant press on it, when is this available?

Also cant wait to get a better agent. Almeria is currently 5th in the league, way overachieving, noticed my club bought some players and the whole game feels more alive. Barca bought Robben this winter transfer.

Very fun so far, playing at the highest difficulty, had to really learn how to shoot properly as its very different than it was in previous PES games.

If you need a bit of help and you want to create a CF choose an All-Rounder mould with Dribbling 6 Shooting 6 Power 2 you should get a player around 75-79 I got 78 the key stats were:
79 atk
77 body balance
78 speed
71 accelaration
71 stamina
78 dribble acc
80 dribble speed
85 shot acc
86 shot power
89 shot tec
74 fk acc
85 header acc
73 jump
81 aggression
7 form
6 for week foot acc n use

Those stats seem very high indeed for a new BAL player ? Is that right ? 16 years old and that good ?

I'm not enjoying my time as a SS (had to learn to play AMF) with Mallorca, the tactics are negative and don't change until the other teams scores. Also I can go weeks without getting a game.

Are any of you guys seeing unrealistic transfers in this mode?

In my game...

Sneijder has moved to Villarreal.
John Terry is at Sevilla (turned down Stoke).
Diego Lopez has moved to Stoke.
Schweinsteiger has gone to Roma.
Gomes has gone to Hercules.
Busquets --> Olympiakos

Also Dudek is 1st choice at Real and they also signed Chimbonda and Fabio Grosso.

I started this mode and found it a bit odd to say the least. I made a AMF called Kenny Powers(complete with mullet) set my stats up and went into the first game. Played in a 4 - 5 - 1 and I scored in a 1 - 0 win, passed the ball well and put the striker through on goal a few times, after the game the mananger said I was dissapointing and did nothing of note!
I played 3 more games scoring another goal, kept possession, completed passes and gave the striker enough chances to score, he never managed to put any away though. The manager basically said I was rubbish after each game, I dont understand it.
Also my team was pretty terrible, making crappy passes, losing possession and ignoring me for the most part.

That was my first go at BAL and probably last too.

I started this mode and found it a bit odd to say the least. I made a AMF called Kenny Powers(complete with mullet) set my stats up and went into the first game. Played in a 4 - 5 - 1 and I scored in a 1 - 0 win, passed the ball well and put the striker through on goal a few times, after the game the mananger said I was dissapointing and did nothing of note!
I played 3 more games scoring another goal, kept possession, completed passes and gave the striker enough chances to score, he never managed to put any away though. The manager basically said I was rubbish after each game, I dont understand it.
Also my team was pretty terrible, making crappy passes, losing possession and ignoring me for the most part.

That was my first go at BAL and probably last too.

You have to be patient with this mode, it rewards you for throwing your life into it. The problem with your teammates not passing to you is down to your teamwork stat, so just give it at least a month's worth of games and make sure your teamwork is at least 40. The cutscene will play, and one of the team members will tell you something about the team beginning to learn your play style.

Also the locker room comments are dependent on whether you actually provide an assist (meaning the striker has to latch onto a pass and score, no deflections) or you score a goal yourself. Obviously if you can pull off 2 assists in a game you'll definitely get a rating of 6.5 and above. If you can't do any of that though, make sure you can create at least 5 clear-cut scoring chances.

A tip for everyone that think it's annoying that your own players just run straight into opposition and react sluggish to all events:

Put the Response attribute really high on all players in the game, I put it on 95. It plays much more realistic, because just as in real life, most players react quickly to a loose ball and incoming player and so on. It doesn't make them supermen either, just much more realistic. A bad player still have bad ball control and everything else, so it's just reaction times that is quicker, but the quality of what he tries to do is still the same as always (which is good).

Also a tip is to divide the Freekick attribute with 2 on ALL players. This also makes it much more realistic since not every freekick mean goal as it otherwise does.

I was getting more and more annoyed of BAL and these two changes makes it so much more realistic IMO.

Last edited:
started playing this mode and i cant see myself playing any other game mode for the rest of the year, ive signed for mfk zilina(check my sig link to file) and so far its been brilliant,played in the europa league and have scored 11 goals in 18 games with 4 assists from cf position(on regular diff) my player is overall 71 with shot power,acc and tech 87( i set him up as finisher) will post up the goals ive scored so far over the weekend

Just noticed how the CPU cheats, the fucker. If you hold down a direction before you get the ball he knows what direction you are holding and moves to that position even before you have touched the ball. It's really silly, so you have to only hold the direction you want to go to right as you touch the ball. Or you could, if you got the skills, hold down one direction and switch just as you get the ball and that way fool the cheating AI. I've been trying this in the practice mode and there is no doubt at all that the CPU does this, at least on Top Player.

I was wondering why it was so hard to hold off the CPU, but it's no wonder when he reads the input before the touch of the ball... why Konami?!

Just decided to give this game mode a go, haven't done something similar since BAP in FIFA 09 so I had to get used to controlling a single player offline all over again.

Created an AMF with the Conductor trait and focus points on passing and dribbling. A bit surprised to see they give you very useful stats straight from the off. With my settings I got a player with 93 short passing accuracy, 81 long pass accuracy and 80 technique, plus the no 10 and 1-touch player cards. Anyways I'm not complaining as other stats are really low and this way I can actually make a difference from the beginning so that's a positive.

After creating my player I was offered a deal by six clubs: West Ham, FSV Mainz, Hercules, Bari, Arles-Avignon and NEC Nijmegen. NEC and Arles were the only teams who gave me more than 10% playing chance and because the former saw me as an AMF only and because I'm Dutch it was an easy decision in the end. Played like shit in the first training match and I feared I'd be dropped but much to my surprise I've started all five games so far, grabbing two assists and playing fairly well for the most part.

Absolutely loving it:COOL:

Wow, playing at Bolton is REALLY pissing me off. They hardly ever play the passing game, and always choose to dribble over the easy pass. On paper they're a lot better than De Graafschap, but so far my experience is a lot worse. My ratings are lower because I hardly get the ball to do anything with it.

I'm only halfway through the season and already I want out. I'm not getting the service as a SS/CF.

Dont like the camera angle. I find it realistic and everything. But its so much harder. After about 20 games i relised i could change it.

I like to play as Attacking midfielder with a fast player because i like to be the heart of the team. But im like park, i do all the running and take no credit. I've scored no goals and only have 4 assists. 2 of those dont count because they were in friendlies.

I put the thing on where the good teams want you quicker. I was playing in seria a with 2 previos players as a centre midfielder. Had enough of that, missed the custom chants that i could actually understand and so im with newcastle right now. 9th place in the table, which is good but i want to 1 day play in the europa league or even better, play for my country. But yea im ready to end this, not what i wanted, fifa be a pro in 08 was better... and i think fifa sucks

Just noticed how the CPU cheats, the fucker. If you hold down a direction before you get the ball he knows what direction you are holding and moves to that position even before you have touched the ball. It's really silly, so you have to only hold the direction you want to go to right as you touch the ball. Or you could, if you got the skills, hold down one direction and switch just as you get the ball and that way fool the cheating AI. I've been trying this in the practice mode and there is no doubt at all that the CPU does this, at least on Top Player.

I was wondering why it was so hard to hold off the CPU, but it's no wonder when he reads the input before the touch of the ball... why Konami?!

Yea i noticed this also, they move even before you give it away in your body language. I guess konami knows something that we dont. That all professional footballers have telepathic powers and thats why there signed and were not.

I've noticed this as well, best advice I can give is just try not to telegraph your movements.

Have to say I'm loving this. I started a new one with Beto, signed for Ajax for my first season and promptly finished Striker of the Season with 17 goals and a league title. Another two came in the Europa League but we went out in the group stages, and the less said about the KNVB Cup the better! Second season I smashed that record with 29 in 34 and 8 assists, another league title, the Player of the Season award and a 150% pay rise. I didn't score in the Champions League though we did turn over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu before going out on away goals to Liverpool in the last 16. Copa America ended before it really began with a 3-1 loss to Argentina in the 1/4 finals, but I scored against Mexico in the first round.

My overall stat is 82 and rising and the offers have come rolling in, most to double, even triple my salary. Chelsea and Inter Milan are the biggest club sides so far but I've committed to one more season in Amsterdam before a move to Juve next summer. Already put my new agent on the case.

I started again as a striker (Borussia Mochengladbach) and I'm currently joint top of the goal scoring charts, I got an offer from Parma last night (which I accepted). My manager must have been pissed because he benched me the next game and I was a unused substitute (we lost 1 nil).

Its super frustrating when my team mates ignore the simple pass to my feet and insist on attempting the Hollywood through ball 8/10.

:BRICK:

Last edited:
Anyone feel that after you make a pass u stand still for like 1 second? Is there anyway to make the pass while running and without stopping? Cause Im very reluctant to pass now cause u find yourself left behind the game. Sorry for my english.

Playing for ManU now after becoming the top assist maker in french league for Monaco :)

Back
Top Bottom