PES 2011 - Become a Legend Thread

Just started a BAL a couple of hours ago. Playing as a CF for Brooktale (if thats the right club) and i am loving it, been in the starting 11 for every league match so far. Not enjoying playing upfront by myself but if thats the tactics my manager chooses than i'll play there :) Got M.O.T.M twice in a row now and scored just the one goal. However, I have a couple of questions:

1.)Why is my 'Desired Clubs' option greyed out so I can press it?
2.) When do job offers come from other teams? In both transfer windows or just the summer one?
3.) Is there anyway to request a move/loan
4.) Do you have to retire at 27 or can you play on past that?
5.) How long has BAL been in development? Because it's a great game mode!

I started a BAL last night, but only had time to play one game. I used the Eye-Toy Camera to create my face, and I must say its quite scary how realistic I look on screen. It's me. I set myself as an AMF with Dribbling as my trademark. I managed to create an Overall of 67, he also has 86 for Dribbling Accuracy, 85 for Dribbling Speed, 81 for Technique and 81 for Passing Accuracy. Funnily enough, he has the Quick Scissors and the Talisman Player Card. And I got an offer and signed for my PEEL team, Chievo Verona. I cant wait to get home tonight and give him a good blast. I got the MOM in my first game with a 7.5 score by the way. Not that a bad start that. I'm on Professional as well, I find it alot more challenging that Regular.

Hey Jim, I'm just curious about what your condition stat is since it appears you've chosen the passer type AMF. I chose all around with similar stats, and my condition is 7. When I tried rolling the passer type AMF, I could never come up with a player with condition above 7. I remember in the 2009 and 2010 editions of BaL you would not be in the starting lineup if you had a purple or blue arrow, and only condition 7 players would have a green arrow or above most of the time. It's something I made sure I avoided this year.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that was the best bit, my Form is 8, I'm always on Orange or Red. Which is nice. I have just scored two goals to equalise for Chievo, and both goals defied my stats. I'm thinking this Talisman Card is what I had read and mentioned on here. It felt exactly like that anyway as I got us back into the game. What I also loved was the Manager left me on for the full 90mins. I was playing a blinder. I like that.

1.)Why is my 'Desired Clubs' option greyed out so I can press it?
2.) When do job offers come from other teams? In both transfer windows or just the summer one?
3.) Is there anyway to request a move/loan
4.) Do you have to retire at 27 or can you play on past that?
5.) How long has BAL been in development? Because it's a great game mode!

1.) Because your first agent doesn't have the right connections to attract big clubs. The better your agent the more clubs you can put on the list. Careful though, once you take a team OFF your Desired Clubs list you can't put them back on.

2.) Both

3.) No. No worries though. After your first season the offers always roll in.

4.) If we're going on history, yes you can.

5.) As far as I know it was in Winning Eleven 9 back in '06 and came onto European consoles in PES 2009. They revamped it for this year though.

I'm really getting stuck right into this BAL lark, and loving it all over again. I'm playing on Professional, 15 minute games ( The only way for me), Wide Camera, with the camera tracking the ball. I much prefer this set up as it just feels like a normal game this way. I could never get my head around the up/down view.

After a very tough start, a 6-0 defeat to Roma, Baptista and Totti running riot, then another pasting by Inter, it wasnt looking good for the Donkeys. It took until the 9th game before we got our first win. To be honest, the AI of my team was terrible, they played like drunken schoolboys, and I was beginning to think that Konami hadnt really improved this side of the game at all. Then after a fantastic 0-0 against AC Milan at the San Siro, we went on to beat Brescia, Fiorentina and Lazio off the bounce, and all of a sudden my team-mates were playing some delightful football. It actually felt like that result against AC Milan kickstarted our confidence. Also, after my first Training Match, and my 7.5, the gaffer has started me in every game.

I think alot of our early issues were down to the Chievo Manager chopping and changing the formation. Playing a 4-5-1 away from home, with myself in the AMF role just behind Pellissier. He then tried a 4-3-3 that didnt work, and finally opted for a 4-4-2 with two CMF's and two AMF's. This is the formation that worked against Milan, and he has stuck to it since. Nice touch.

I also like the way the gaffer keeps me on the pitch if I'm playing well. I've completed the full 90 on 4 occasions, and everytime I felt I deserved to stay on the pitch. This never happened in BAL 2009, especially at the beginning of your career. My gaffer also gave me a credible mention in his comments after a certain game. I'd won the ball in the middle of the park, sprayed it out to the left to Luciano, who whipped one in from the flank for Moscardelli to power home with his head. Technically, this obviously wasnt an assist from me, but after the match the gaffer commended me for my 'instrumental part in the goal'. I was very impressed by that.

Also, after scoring my 3rd goal overall and the 2nd in a 2-0 win over Lazio, with 72 minutes gone on the clock, my gaffer immediately switched from the 4-4-2 to 5-4-1, replacing a striker for another CB, and switched to Defensive Possession to hold out. Clever stuff really, especially as I was actually thinking just before he switched tactics that we need to 'shut up shop' here and see this out. And thats exactly what he did. :)

I must admit, what I'm really enjoying is watching how all the Chievo players play on their own. I know this team like the back of my hand, and it's quite strange to see alot of them actually play very similar to how they do when I'm in control of them. Nick Frey is legendary at the back, Luciano is strong as an ox, Marcolini is a ball-greedy bastard, and Moscardelli is a beast up top. My Manager, choosing his own formations and teams, has also introduced me to a couple of players I had yet to give a chance to. Good stuff, I love it.

Edit - And not only does my BAL bloke have my exact face, I also kitted him out with my current football boots, Puma King's. Nice. :)

Last edited:
Oh dear......

After a 4 game unbeaten run for Chievo, I've just single-handedly ended it. :(

We have Lecce at home, the gaffer pulls out the classic MLO glitch formation of what in effect was pretty much 4-1-5. One CMF, two AMF's, two SS's and a CF. The AMF's were pushed right up though, it had 'get at 'em' written all over it. I was on a Red again, as were alot of the team. Game kicks off and we are all over them, an excited yet rash tackle earns me a booking. I'm young,dumb and full of cum, what can I say.

Other than the caution, I'm playing out of my skin, pinging balls all over the park, and pulling every string. A nice 1,2 with Pellissier puts me in, a drop of the shoulder to ease past a defender, courtesy of my now 88 Dribbling Accuracy, and a right footed drive misses the outside of the far post by inches, with the keeper well beaten. My Red arrow was doing exactly as it said on the tin. A few more pot-shots and couple of near assists later, we went in at half time all square but all the match stats in our favour, and some. Second half resumed where the first had concluded, with myself and Chievo in the ascendency, firing on all the proverbial cylinders.

Chance after chance were spurned as quick as they were created, another exhibition hosted by my tinkle-toes carved out an opening but the shot couldnt match the invention as the Lecce keeper tipped it over the bar. The resulting corner saw the ball cleared to the edge of the box and straight into my territory, I attacked the loose ball, got my head down and smashed the fucker. The ball rebounded off a defenders chest, then as I attempted to retrieve the ball, another rush of blood saw me dive-in and completely mis-time a challenge. Please ref no !! But he was having none of it, he issued another yellow like he was handing out confetti and off I went. With 30 minutes on the clock Chievo battled well in my absence, but on 88 minutes Lecce had what was only their second attack on goal, and that was all she wrote. One nil down, and I'm shitting myself even more thinking about my gaffer and his hairdryer treatment. :CONFUSE:

Oh dear ...............

Last edited:
Oh God, it's the Champions League quarterfinals and I'm captaining Ajax against an FC Barcelona with Messi, Ronaldo, and Pedro up front. It's like some sick MLO nightmare that has come to haunt me in BaL.

So what's your opinions guys? I want to play more games across the various leagues. I've spent most of my time on MLO and not enough enjoying the variety of teams and players the game has to offer. I am creating the Australian teams so I can have them in there also. Is it best me starting up a few separate leagues and/or cups/international games or should I go via the Master League or BAL option?
I.e. I'd like to play in each of the separate leagues over the course of a few seasons...or separately if I have to.

Playing this to death atm. My AMF is a pretty good regular in his second season at Catania. In 60 odd games I have scored 18 goals and 10 assists. It's hard though as my colleagues are absolutely retarded at most times. They always try the most difficult route. Doesn't help that Maxi Lopez is about the only striker in the team. Lazio, Napoli and Feyenord have come knocking on the door and I am getting itchy feet but I'm attached to Catania as I am with any team I am put up with in PES.

It's going to take something big to lure me away or I just stay there forever lol.t

What difficulty level are you playing on, Zee?

Are you using the latest game update from Konami as well (1.0.2, I think)? I never updated because after the update, in Top Player, there was way too much pressure from the opponent's AI even in my own defense, and my team's AI just couldn't cope with it and string two passes in a row. Before the patch the game played nicely.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Just started this mode the other day. Lots of fun! Was getting sick of just playing MLO and not trying the other game modes. So I started a Copa Libertadores and this :)

Hey guys! I just restarted my BAL career and im playing for R.C. Deportivo La Coruna. This is my first team and heres some of my stats.

Matches Played - 15
Goals - 15
Assists - 1
Offense - 87
Top Speed - 81
Acceleration - 76
Dribble Speed - 82
Shot Acc. - 88
Shot Power - 79
Shot Technique - 88

My responsiveness is really low how do i get that up? Also is stamina that important or should i not care about it that much? Its at 64 right now. Thx!!

Hey guys! I just restarted my BAL career and im playing for R.C. Deportivo La Coruna. This is my first team and heres some of my stats.

Matches Played - 15
Goals - 15
Assists - 1
Offense - 87
Top Speed - 81
Acceleration - 76
Dribble Speed - 82
Shot Acc. - 88
Shot Power - 79
Shot Technique - 88

My responsiveness is really low how do i get that up? Also is stamina that important or should i not care about it that much? Its at 64 right now. Thx!!

those are really impressive numbers, are u playing in monkey difficulty level?
:P

Update: Hey just finished my 1st season with R.C. Deportivo La Coruna. It was an awesome season and im gonna sign for them again for 1.1million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!

Matches Played: 46
Total Goals: 53
Total Hat Tricks: 13
Total Assists: 13
Internationals: 3
Offense: 88
Overall: 78
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 76
Dribble Speed: 83
Passing: Nothing under 60
Shot Accuracy: 90
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 90
Free Kick Accuracy: 77
Position: CF
Cards: Chasing Back, One-On-One Finish, Speed Merchant
Average Rating: 7.3
Titles
Spanish League Player Of The Season
Spanish League Team Of The Season
Spanish League Top Scorer
Spanish League Assist Leader
Spanish League Man Of The Match - 18 times
Spanish Cup Most Valuable Player
Spanish Cup Team Of The Season
Spanish Cup Top Scorer
Spanish Cup Man Of The Match - 6 times
Spanish League Winner
Spanish Cup Winner

I'm on Top Player...played first season on Athletico Bilbao...after a troubled first half of the season, I was thinking of leaving as the coach changed formations from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 (I'm a SS and there are no SS in the positions).

But with no suitors, I just stayed and waited for my chance to shine. Somehow, the coach gave me more chances along the way and I ended up being the top scorer with 16 on the team, (8th in the League) and brought the team from relegation to Europa League football. I was also in the Spanish team of the year (one of two that weren't from Real or Barca).

But still, the club's poor team-mates didn't make me want to stay in the club...and at the summer transfer window, Inter came calling after sneijder left for Arsenal...so I jumped over and took on the #10 jersey.

As I was all happy to play with Eto'o and Milito in the 4-3-3 formation, the team signed Ribery and Drogba...I thought that was fine, as Ribery and I were the main SS and Drogba will just displace Milito, then some unknown SS got signed...and at the last week, Messi came to Inter as well. So there I was, a 19 year old fresh from Bilbao star, to Inter's 8th choice (behind Pandev too). I'm sort of regretting coming too soon. Haven't had much chances to shine, and through half the season, only got a few games and a few goals...

odd thing is, the team aren't playing that much better with all the stars taht they have.

Guys - I just finished my 2nd season with Brescia in the Serie A and transferred to NAC Breda (I think??) in the Eredivisie. One thing I noticed is that they have adboards with the league name and different pitch textures/stadiums. Almost as if I hadn't seen that stadium before! lol...and I've played a lot of games on PES 2011.

Looked good either way but maybe I just hadn't seen it in a while. I'm on Xbox so gonna keep playing this til the demo finally releases.

Got my overall to 70 (I'm an AMF and training for SS) and as the transfer window closed, we signed Pizzarro and Gilardino ;)

Looks like I have some talent to feed :P

In BAL, if you choose an existing player, will you get development? I have chosen an existing player with an age of 15, and after 4 matches I haven't seen that red bar of growing process!

Is it worth training speed? I've heard it doesn't make much difference but desperately need to increase my off the ball pace...

i have had a fantastic 7 year career so far in Bal in my first season at bolton i featured in 37 games scoring only 7 goals as a striker(not the most prolific i know) then spurs came callin for whatever reason in 23 apperances in my first season for spurs i managed 15 goals and 1 assist.my next season i made 40 apperances gained captaincy and scored 22 goals, and gettin 2 assists.In my third spurs seaason i managed 46 games with 37 goals and 3 assists leading to me gettin the chanpions league player of the year, as well as winning the comp out.I went on to win the champions league for the next two seasons gettin the chanpions league top scored on all three occasions of winning the comp and best player twice, in my season following the first champions league win i got only 21 goals but upped my assists by 8,finally in the most recent season i played i scored 38 times in my most prolific season in 47 games, and at long last despite winning the champions league three times in a row i won the premier league gettin player of the year. also i have wont the fa cup three times. i have won world footballer of the year once. I have won the european championships with ireland being top scorer.
My overall stats- apperances-262
goals- 161
assits- 30
international caps-32
i am currently thinking about a move away from spurs, destinations anyone????

My current overall rating is 95 and my agent is the best one you can get but i still can't use my desired club....... help me please!!!!

I stuck on my BAL (18 year old playing for Rangers, who I joined half way through last season from Vitesse and have now just started the second season with them in the EPL) last night for the first time in a while and there were a few strange things going on.

I cant speed up the match time when I've been subbed anymore, the speed of the players on screen increases when I set it to level 2 but the match clock ticks on at the same speed as before. WTF?

We finished in 8th place which was one place away from qualification for the Europa League but somehow we're in the draw and straight into the group stages!?

I get subbed at around the hour mark in nearly EVERY damn game even though I have plenty of stamina left and I'm the top rated striker at the club. Just scored a goal? Subbed. Just set up a goal? Subbed. Team needs a goal and I'm on a hat-trick? Subbed. Got a challenge from the chairman to complete a certain task? Subbed. Always around the 60 minute mark too. FFS Konami I paid £40 for the damn game cant you let me PLAY it instead of watching the crappy AI run around the park on it's own for 5 minutes because the speed up time option isn't working?

Those strange happenings aside every single game I played was like an attack vs defence exercise. No matter what team you play against they play a VERY deep defence and just play inch perfect long balls to their lone striker when it suits them. The left or right back will always hang back just enough to play them onside.

My team mates are idiots, they rarely make a decent run and they stuggle to find you when you make one because you're pretty much always surrounded by 3 defenders with cat-like reflexes. I'm a Rangers fan and I know they're a fairly poor side but these guys play like they've never seen a football before.

I'm scoring goals and winning games but it's just not enjoyable. That sums up the whole PES 2012 package for me really.

I started a BAL and moved to Lazio for my first club... Wasn't a bad start but for some reason even when I score a load of goals in training matches and even in the league I get left out of the side. What's up with that?

The game does a pretty bad job recognizing your skills for the first few games, or the club coaches are just dicks. It will change soon, however. Why are you posting in the PES 2011 Bal thread though?

Back
Top Bottom