PES 2010 Masterleague

Teams will constantly over value your players in the beginning, you could buy a player for 50M and still make a profit off him when you sell. I bought loads of guys for 5M or less and sold them later on for 30+ Million. It's quite ridiculous to be honest.

After several seasons the transfer market seems to have gone dead, nothing is happening. I'm beginning to wonder if teams have all ran out of money or something. My guys on the transfer list aren't receiving bids and I'm just having to get rid of them.

As for teamvision... I haven't changed my formation at all for 7-8 seasons, I use 100% youth system players who aren't world beaters (5 of them are rated 60 or less), and currently I'm on an unbeaten run of 30+ games in all comps. Surely if teamvision was doing its job the AI would cotton on to how I play?

I have two ways of putting pressure on if I really need a goal, one is to get the ball wide fast and get an early cross in... my CF is great with his head and gets on to these crosses all day long. The other option I tend to use is a through ball from CMF to CF (I play barca formation), sometimes the AI will leave space in their back 4 and if my CF is ready to run through I will feed him the ball and its a 1 on 1 just like that... then I either round the keeper or if he stays with me I lob him when he dives to block the shot. Simples.

I wish the AI would learn how I play and stop me, but I really don't see it doing that. It's had 10 seasons to do it.

I've not had that many overvalued players and I'm 4 seasons in now I think.
The most I've sold a player for was Joey Barton for 8 million and that was after playing him for a while as Nolan was injured and he'd scored and assisted a lot of goals.
Everyone else who I've sold has gone for rubbish money. 1 or 2 million at best... at worst 100,000 to 500,000 and when I look at the ratings of who is being sold they're robbing me.

The AI scout isn't overpricing players for me when I buy them either. I just bought a close to retiring Gerrard for 5 million who is on a downhill slope now and will get worse and worse as the seasons go on but he's a big name and should boost my fanbase.

One quick problem.

I bought Beckham and he's deteriorating as the seasons goes on.. but randomly he's become unable to run with the ball. He can run without the ball fine, but he's incapable of dribbling and running. I can move around at default speed but as soon as i press run he almost comes to a grinding halt. It's as if he's fatigued or injured but he's not. Is that a glitch, due to stats dropping to 60's or something else?

Teams will constantly over value your players in the beginning, you could buy a player for 50M and still make a profit off him when you sell. I bought loads of guys for 5M or less and sold them later on for 30+ Million. It's quite ridiculous to be honest.

After several seasons the transfer market seems to have gone dead, nothing is happening. I'm beginning to wonder if teams have all ran out of money or something. My guys on the transfer list aren't receiving bids and I'm just having to get rid of them.

As for teamvision... I haven't changed my formation at all for 7-8 seasons, I use 100% youth system players who aren't world beaters (5 of them are rated 60 or less), and currently I'm on an unbeaten run of 30+ games in all comps. Surely if teamvision was doing its job the AI would cotton on to how I play?

I have two ways of putting pressure on if I really need a goal, one is to get the ball wide fast and get an early cross in... my CF is great with his head and gets on to these crosses all day long. The other option I tend to use is a through ball from CMF to CF (I play barca formation), sometimes the AI will leave space in their back 4 and if my CF is ready to run through I will feed him the ball and its a 1 on 1 just like that... then I either round the keeper or if he stays with me I lob him when he dives to block the shot. Simples.

I wish the AI would learn how I play and stop me, but I really don't see it doing that. It's had 10 seasons to do it.

Very strange, maybe you need to start your ML league again with a lesser team for the challenge. I use Boro, and like I have said before, I have never had the Youth Academy your team has. Which team did you start your ML with ?

Radiation, not sure about Beckham, never seen that before.

Damn I was hoping someone else might have seen it. I've seen it myself when someone is almost completely fatigued towards the end of a match. If I try to run with the ball they just can't. But Becks is doing it all of the time and his form arrow and fatigue levels are fine. I'm not too bothered as he's retiring in a few weeks but it is going to ruin his chances of playing any more games now.

One quick problem.

I bought Beckham and he's deteriorating as the seasons goes on.. but randomly he's become unable to run with the ball. He can run without the ball fine, but he's incapable of dribbling and running. I can move around at default speed but as soon as i press run he almost comes to a grinding halt. It's as if he's fatigued or injured but he's not. Is that a glitch, due to stats dropping to 60's or something else?

I've seen it :) Got Simao from academy (el grande patch), but he had veeeeery low speed stats (top speed/dribble speed/accel combo around 50 or so) and he simply could not run with the ball. Just as you described your Beckham. Then I tried a few globally tweaked option files (a.k.a. realistic gameplay OFs with reduced speeds, etc.) - same story. Players that were already very slow and were slowed down even more with global stats adjustments simply couldn't run with the ball.

Could it be that the game does not have proper animations for such slow dribble runners?

Very strange, maybe you need to start your ML league again with a lesser team for the challenge. I use Boro, and like I have said before, I have never had the Youth Academy your team has. Which team did you start your ML with ?

Radiation, not sure about Beckham, never seen that before.

What do you mean "you've never had the youth academy I've had"? My youth academy is no different to anyone elses I just use them all each year that's all. I take all 10 youth players out of my youth team every season, I decide which ones I will keep and get rid of the others.

Aqua, cheap goals? Lobbing the keeper is cheap now :CONFUSE: Ok... how would you prefer me to score buddy? Manual back pass through the keepers legs? Because I do that too, it's just not the tactic I use when desperate for a goal. When I'm losing and need a goal I try the % play most likely to get it... that's all I was saying to Rad.

u said sometimes AI lets space and then u make this or that..... or this crossing....

so i assume that u dont do this if there is no need for a goal
its like abusing the game if u need to, AI mistakes..

its not how u finish it, run/lob by keeper etc its how u create it

So you're saying if there is space, I shouldn't use it? Interesting tactic.

Rad was after advice, I'm trying to make the point that no matter how good or bad your team is you will always have a % play that is most likely to get you a goal. All I was saying was he should try and use it more during a run where he is struggling. Rad will know who is capable of scoring in his team and in what manner he is most likely to score.

Jimmy sorry you asked what team I use, I started with Villa. Played with their starting squad and built up a strong team of world class players like Gignic, Zarate etc. Quickly realised this was going to be too easy so got rid of them all and began using just my own youth players. Was tough at the start because I only had about 13 players that I could use (from my youth system) so for that season I finished 4th and they were all knackered by the end of it. Now I have a full squad of youth players and can rotate I can compete on 3 fronts again (was getting knocked out the cup each season because I field my 2nd team in that comp). Last season I won the treble for the first time in 4-5 seasons because I had a good rotation and the players were as good as eachother really. This season I've got rid of 7-8 players because they've served 5 year contracts and are now rated 80-85 asking for 5-6M a year. So they're gone and another batch take their place rated 58-60.

I like doing this because my team is always decent enough to play nice football, but not good enough to dominate anything (like Arsenal really). I don't have any players on big contracts, my wages are 25M for the whole squad. I have a squad ranging from 58-87 and I work with them.

Maybe I'm struggling because I've not played PES lots and lots and so I haven't worked out how the AI play and figured out all of those little ways around them. Like running down the wing on 'that other game' and then tapping 'trap' always makes the ai defender chasing you run past you allowing you to pass or shoot or run in a different direction leaving them behind.

There has to be things like that on PES that I've just not come across and so when I'm 1-0 down and I throw everything forwards and concede a 2nd on the counter it's my own fault for not taking my time and thinking tactically.

Along with that I've also been tweaking and tinkering with my team as I go on so maybe I've broken the winning structure I had by selling a few players and replacing them with what I had expected to be, better quality. I've been tryig to keep everyone happy and keep everyone's abilities improving but maybe I should be more harsh and think 'screw this... best players... you'll play every week... the rest of you... start looking elsewhere!'

-

Speaking of conceding on the counter... I've just had my first over valued offer for one of my own players. Someone offered 17 million for Hall at Newcastle. He's not bad, not good enough to start each game but he'll do... but he's terribly slow and I've conceded far too many goals thanks to him not being able to chase back, or intercept or get to the loose ball.

The only reason I can think of for such a high price is his team loyalty is near maximum and he's scored a few goals from corners for me. But other than that I can't see why they'd offer such a big amount.

Last edited:
Tweaking and tinkering wont help you maintain form no, I did similar when I was changing the squad a lot, was always trying to change to a formation that suited the players I had. It is difficult with all the changes to keep good form.

Whats the quickest way of getting a form arrow up? playing them and doing well?
My keeper Krul was on a down arrow for ages now and put his contract talks on hold and has now agreed to move elsewhere for free at the end of this season.

I have a great FW on a down/down right arrow but I thought he was doing well and is the league top scorer on 17 just after the xmas break . I play him each week and change his partner up front back and forth between 2 guys. Best and Ranger who I fear is a lost cause. could that change be bugging him?

What do you mean "you've never had the youth academy I've had"? My youth academy is no different to anyone elses I just use them all each year that's all. I take all 10 youth players out of my youth team every season, I decide which ones I will keep and get rid of the others.

Aqua, cheap goals? Lobbing the keeper is cheap now :CONFUSE: Ok... how would you prefer me to score buddy? Manual back pass through the keepers legs? Because I do that too, it's just not the tactic I use when desperate for a goal. When I'm losing and need a goal I try the % play most likely to get it... that's all I was saying to Rad.

I'm guessing that Villa's Youth Academy is set to Level 5 from the offset with them being a Premier League Team ? Thats all I meant bud. A Level 5 Youth Academy Coach will always produce far better youngsters than my Level 1 Youth Academy which is what I started with at Boro in the Championsip. Everyone will have a different Youth Academy based on which ever team you start your ML with.

Last edited:
Do you have to sign your youth to pro contracts and then release or sell them in order to get more youth players or does the youth team change over time with them going into free agents after a while?

Do you have to sign your youth to pro contracts and then release or sell them in order to get more youth players or does the youth team change over time with them going into free agents after a while?

Sign Youth's to Pro contracts then do whatever you want with them. Depending on what Level your Youth Team Coach is, will depend on how many Youth players come through the system, and at what level they are ability wise.

I have a ton of 50 rated rubbish youth teams on my list. I've upped my youth team coach now to a higher level but not seen any one of quality appear on the list this season.

If you don't sign them do new guys still appear or do you have to empty the list to get more coming in?

I have a ton of 50 rated rubbish youth teams on my list. I've upped my youth team coach now to a higher level but not seen any one of quality appear on the list this season.

If you don't sign them do new guys still appear or do you have to empty the list to get more coming in?

New ones will arrive as and when, regardless if you sign your current crop or not.

You'll get new batch of youngsters at the beginning of the last month of the season, when negotiation period starts. Since you increased Lvls at the beginning of the season, you'll see better youngsters at the end of a season, when new batch kicks in. And even if you do not sign contracts with any of the youngsters, you're still going to get new ones.

this dude dont get it...
lol

u play a special way to force goals, always when u need a goal
that tells me that u dont do it if u play normally
that suxx

I'm guessing that Villa's Youth Academy is set to Level 5 from the offset with them being a Premier League Team ? Thats all I meant bud. A Level 5 Youth Academy Coach will always produce far better youngsters than my Level 1 Youth Academy which is what I started with at Boro in the Championsip. Everyone will have a different Youth Academy based on which ever team you start your ML with.

Yea Jimmy sorry, I get you now. Villa weren't level 5 from the offset, they were quite low actually if I recall... because I remember almost bankrupting myself first season putting all the staff up to lvl 5 :SMUG:

As others have said, you get new youth players at the end of every season when the transfer window opens. But you will only get enough to fill the gaps, so if you still have 6-7 in your youth team, you will only get a few new players.

The youth players stay in the youth team until they're 20 yrs old, then after that season they are booted out. I just find it makes more sense to free up that space by signing the player and then letting him go. I usually sign the useless players in January and let them go at the end of the season. This way you aren't leaving a useless player in your youth team for 3-4 years taking up 1 of your 10 places. Depends on your money of course, for me it's nothing to bring all 10 out the youth team... couple of million if that, your situation may be different.

Don't expect much Rad... sometimes at lvl 5 youth team I don't get much. Usually one decent guy each season who is capable and then 9 morons. It's not a case of lvl 5 youth team and the Barca academy turns up each season. You will still get a lot of crap players coming through. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
this dude dont get it...
lol

u play a special way to force goals, always when u need a goal
that tells me that u dont do it if u play normally
that suxx

No I don't... I just know my team and how best to get a goal with what I have available. It doesn't mean I will get a goal, I lost 1-0 the other day, first loss in about 40 games. Surely if I knew how to force goals I wouldn't have lost :))

As others have said, you get new youth players at the end of every season when the transfer window opens. But you will only get enough to fill the gaps, so if you still have 6-7 in your youth team, you will only get a few new players.

Cheers all for that. I hadn't signed any of my youth team at all since starting so it was always sat there with the same names of 50-60 rated guys thinking 'do people just keep getting added or do i have to offload to free up some room'.

've already got my hands full trying to raise my 20-24 year old players stats up from mid 70's into whatever they can achieve and keep the veterans happy so I have no space for the kids.

I've signed a few during this season I've just finished who are 60 rated thinking that they'll do as extreme backups. One new name did come up right at the end of the season, a defender who my scout said reminded him of zambrotta, and then he could even be better than the original. Awesome little feature.

I've signed a few during this season I've just finished who are 60 rated thinking that they'll do as extreme backups. One new name did come up right at the end of the season, a defender who my scout said reminded him of zambrotta, and then he could even be better than the original. Awesome little feature.

Yea, they're the nice ones! If you can I'd play him regularly and he will be a very decent player in years to come. I give them some cards too, defensive for him obviously, he will be a very solid player in a few seasons.

using early crosses if you need a goal is "bug-using" *g*

Sorry I'm rubbish then, better? :YAWN:

he plays "normal" if there is no way to score a goal, if u can say it like that...

if he needs a goal he do things where the % is higher to get a goal

now isnt that.. just.... :FAIL:

so why u just dont abuse the game all the time then lol
makes no sense
or dont use this stuff at all and work for ur goals, doesnt mean that u dont know ur team then.. some goals are cheap and predictable, higher presumption
higher the % the more of this cheap goals bugs etc is there

Aqua I'd be happy to play you sometime if you wanted to judge me properly. Not saying I'd beat you, no idea how well you play, but at least you'd see how I play for yourself.

yes, he already said enuff for me now lol
:)))

end of it

kicking such nubes every minute playing online :YAWN:

Back
Top Bottom