PES 2010 is far from optimism, in my honest opinion!

BLaZiNgSPEED

League 1
25 August 2007
London, UK
Manchester United
From what I see they look the same really. Its not like I was to compare PES 6 with PES 2010 video. You will see an immense contrast.
I don't see that any different when comparing PES 2009 with PES 10s video, they all seem the same to me.

Well its normal for Martins to be faster than Et'o since he is much younger. But even then his speed his to high. He's like Usain Bolts.
Do you see a footballer in real life to be at the speed of Bolts?
Well, that's what I am saying.

Imho, Konami should start producing Athletics and Olympic Sport games more rather than PES. Because I am sure these games will get a 9.0/10 star ratings.
W
ell that is exactly what PES 08/09 game is all about, speed! And that's what's destroying the pleasure of the game. I hate winning games where players are running like Cheetah or like some Olympic Sprinter, it kills off the game instantly.

The speed is the major factor in winning games in PES 08/09. And in actual fact its an exploitational way of winning matches. That's deeply wrong and damaging the impression and reputation of the wonderful game of football. We know perfectly well that football is not ice hockey.

Now if this was the only major problem with PES 09, I understand. But what about the freekicks? Do you think its acceptable to have a game where its almost impossible to score freekicks?
Where unless I don't set the game difficulty to Beginner I wouldn't have a single chance at goal.

Infact I did score goals in 09, something like 3-4 goals in PES 2009 from what I could remember.

And the funniest thing was in PES 08 where scoring goals from free kicks were so easy when setting the game quality to Low or Medium.
How could it possibly make the goal keepers weak by reducing the difficulty to low quality settings?!?!

Again, that's broken. Well, it was fixed in PES 09, but why did it take a whole year for Konami to fix this minor problem?

At least when I played PES 6 free kicks are so much more possible. I didn't feel like giving up.
YouTube - PES6: The Free Kick Guide by Petrit
This tutorial certainly helped me score quite a few goals, a lot more than PES 08 or 09. And the goal keepers weren't affect when setting the game to high quality.

Where do we see this in 09? Yes, we hear a lot of these bloody excuses. "oh you have to learn how to do it"!
I am fed up of these false and invalid excuses.:MAD:

I have played PES 09 online vs a top 10 player from the leaderboard (infact there was no lag both of us had green connection). I fouled him, not far away from a goal scoring position, yet he still failed to score! Now wasn't he not an expert? Well I expected him to score. But we know after all that it is bad programming.

Well, you may think that the gameplay may be good, despite the fact that the animations are like skaters running in the pitch.
But tell me why should we bare to tolerate it in the first place?! We've waited for the last couple of years for this problem to be fixed, yet Seabass has done nothing to it!

Now how does that make me feel positive and optimistic about the gameplay being good either?
People may give examples they've played PES 3 and then 4, 5, etc.
But we've got to recognize that PES 3, 4 and 5 are much different.
Well I've played only from PES 5 onwards. I have to say PES 5 was the best, PES 6 was the 2nd best PES I've played. And these games completely differed from each other.

I don't see how PES 2010 is diferring from 09, but we shall see about that!
The problem is, its the same vicious cycle. There is nothing new except for the graphics.
I will indeed play the demo and see what Konami are up to!

You haven't played any build PES2010 and you are comparing PES09 to PES6 in a thread for PES2010. Interesting concept :FAIL:

Have you read any recent review on PES2010?

In the any of the last gameplay videos and reviews from a people actually played a 70% build PES2010, the focus is on the slowed down pace. They also liked the refined goal keepers, shooting, passing and ball control systems.
From day 1 of the development of PES2010 Konami people are accenting on the evolution of the graphics and the major refinement of the gameplay.

In PES2010, ML has a major overhaul and that's the mode I love to play, so I'll buy PES2010 and I'm optimistic about the game.

Some interesting points, buy why did this need a new thread?
Well, I decided to copy and paste what I have written in another forum, really.:))
This forum is empty already, we can tell how unpopular PES has become, so there was no harm in making a new thread really. Infact if this was the only PES forum that was empty..
Nearly everybody hates the game, which is why hardly anyone visits this forum as there is nothing left to discuss.
I used to be here a lot during PES 6 time. But PES 2009 is just shambles.
You haven't played any build PES2010 and you are comparing PES09 to PES6 in a thread for PES2010. Interesting concept :FAIL:

Have you read any recent review on PES2010?

In the any of the last gameplay videos and reviews from a people actually played a 70% build PES2010, the focus is on the slowed down pace. They also liked the refined goal keepers, shooting, passing and ball control systems.
From day 1 of the development of PES2010 Konami people are accenting on the evolution of the graphics and the major refinement of the gameplay.

In PES2010, ML has a major overhaul and that's the mode I love to play, so I'll buy PES2010 and I'm optimistic about the game.
I know I haven't played any build yet. But I have been watching videos and I was not impressed.
It for me was the same PES 2009 crap:BORED:
It was the same last year. If we now go about searching threads from early 2008 people have been rather too optimistic.

The gameplay may have become slow pased, but what about the freekicks? What about players still ice skating?! They haven't improved anything, its like they are still running like robots.:YAWN:

I want decent gameplay, I don't care about Master League and so on. But I do care about online play, that needs vast improvements.
Now im not gonna buy the game to see if the online has been fixed. Nor can the demo tell us.
Its simply a recycled graphics game from PES 2008 with PES 2009 gameplay.
I am not comparing PES 09 with PES 6. What my point was that you could actually see a difference from watching the gameplay video of both these games, there is a big contrast between them.

Where as with PES 2010 the video of the gameplay looks absolutely the same with PES 2009, but simply slower paced. But if that is what you call gameplay improvement, I am sorry!

I think FIFA 10 on PC will be better this year.
The fact that Konami also stole the 360 degree dribbling/movement idea was also a very cheeky thing to do, just so that people buy their game and lift up their hopes.:TTTH:

4.jpg
5.jpg

Full Story on http://pes2008editing.blogspot.com/2009/09/psm3-pes-2010-vs-fifa-10-preview.html

BlaZiNgSPEED, have a cocoa and be more optimistic about PES2010 (:

This forum is empty already, we can tell how unpopular PES has become, so there was no harm in making a new thread really.

I think that is because you're posting in the PC section of the game while the main discussions are always happening and evolving around the console areas (in this case the PS3/360 area).

I personally think it's best to keep discussions this way since there's no special feature which would separate the PC version from the console ones anyway.

Sooooo, feel free to join the news discussion, you might also want to copy/post your thread there, too.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52601

Tom

4.jpg
5.jpg

Full Story on http://pes2008editing.blogspot.com/2009/09/psm3-pes-2010-vs-fifa-10-preview.html

BlaZiNgSPEED, have a cocoa and be more optimistic about PES2010 (:
I hope I find it more optimistic this year.:DD
I think that is because you're posting in the PC section of the game while the main discussions are always happening and evolving around the console areas (in this case the PS3/360 area).

I personally think it's best to keep discussions this way since there's no special feature which would separate the PC version from the console ones anyway.

Sooooo, feel free to join the news discussion, you might also want to copy/post your thread there, too.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52601

Tom
Hello, thanks for the kind response.:D
Yes, I noticed that the Xbox 360/PS3 section has more people, at least that's a good thing.

I haven't been in the forum for a while. I remember 2 years ago in this forum when I played PES 6 this PC section forum had more people than now.
But I will surely visit the PS3/Xbox 360 section of PES. :)

Maybe it would be a good idea :! if the PES forums could be tied into 1 forum section, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC that would be even better since the game is now next-generation on all 3 platforms.
That way there will be more people in total and also the PC wouldn't look neglacted.:PINKS:

:BEER:

Maybe it would be a good idea :! if the PES forums could be tied into 1 forum section, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC that would be even better since the game is now next-generation on all 3 platforms.
That way there will be more people in total and also the PC wouldn't look neglacted.:PINKS:

:BEER:

Hey there again.

While the games don't really differ gameplay-wise, there are still many things which still justify having a separated PC area, like talking about patches, arranging online games, technical discussions when having problems running the game on different hardware setups and so on. But we'll see how things go in here once PES 2010 is released.

Tom

the game will be the same again, like you said, the same vicious circle.

fifa and pes are just two different vicious cicles.

Some day pes´ll be the representation of the real soccer. (?)

Fifa I know, will be not.

From day 1 of the development of PES2010 Konami people are accenting on the evolution of the graphics and the major refinement of the gameplay

-

Hey there again.

While the games don't really differ gameplay-wise, there are still many things which still justify having a separated PC area, like talking about patches, arranging online games, technical discussions when having problems running the game on different hardware setups and so on. But we'll see how things go in here once PES 2010 is released.

Tom

Exactly, PES PC forums always tend to get busier after the game is released. Just wait and see how big the Kitserver 9 thread becomes if Juce has time to make it for PES2010.

PES 5 was the only real footy game from Konami..8)
Yep.
Although I still think PES is far from optimism, I still have more hope over for PES 2010 than FIFA 10s PC crap!!!

Konami have only disappointed us for the last 2 years. Where as FIFA 10 on PC has disappointed me for over 6 years!!! There's a big difference between 6 years and 2 years.

That's why I am not posting in EAs FIFA 10 PC forum again. Infact I wish I could filter it so that I can't enter that forum, cos it makes me angry.:TTTH:
You may see me visit but I aint posting there anymore.:YAWN:
It may be just a game but a game is supposed to give you pleasure and happiness, not irritation and anger!:BLEH:

Back
Top Bottom