pes 2009 Wii looking good

Cable999

ProEvo CHAMP
12 October 2004
The Milky Way
Anyone no when the Europe (Uk) release date for thsi is. Classic controller now in effect. Which means old PS2 style controls.
Given that pes 2008 was much sharper than the ps2 version by a bit.

This could be the one, just hope while using classic control, the view is set da smae as da old ps2 view and not the long view of pes2008.

Also does anybody know if it could be patched like da ps2 version.

ppl what are your thoughts

It does look good. If it does also play good I might consider getting a wii ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's not only for PES.. I've been around this idea for a year now, but if it plays the way a PES game should maybe this time I'll do it for real.. It would be a nice addition being able to use either the "classic" control scheme or the "wii-based" one :BOP:

Screenshots....

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content

translate_url_content
translate_url_content

looks good? You're joking right? We 're living in 2009 and Konami decided to recycle PES6? These are legacy graphics man, it should have been next-gen..

looks good? You're joking right? We 're living in 2009 and Konami decided to recycle PES6? These are legacy graphics man, it should have been next-gen..

lol yr right, but its da wii not daps3/xbox360 doh. I guess with pro its always da gameplay.....

Well, I'm looking forward to see the actual gameplay with both ingame footage and reviews from people who actually tried it.. And if I'm lucky I also might have a try (two friends of mine own a Wii so if I'm lucky enough at least one of them may get it)..
If it looks/feels/plays convincing, I might consider getting a Wii, why not?

Kits looks so good
Huh, do you know they are the part I like least?
They seem to me like they're "halfway" between the PS2 ones (wonderful) and the PC ones (just good) but these "half-next-gen" ones look like plastic to me..

Anyway I've never been that keen on "next-gen" graphics.. I just look at the "trueness" of the kits (I don't know how to put it in a different way, I mean the kits' "resemblance" to the real counterparts) and well, the "real" kits AIN'T PLASTIC!!

My personal thought anyway, the same way I must admit the graphics I like most are still the PES6 PC ones (with Kitserver, of course) because in my opinion they resemble the truth "more" than the PES2009 PC ones, even if the PES2009 PC ones are "next-gen" or at least they pretend to be so..

Got a copy of the game. Not bad.

-Player models are def better than ps2.
-Good interface (Gui)

might missing some options from ps2 eg camera angles
from boot up only 16 stadiums (maybe nore to be unlocked)

Still same out of date rosters etc.

These are jus few thing i noticed of 2 games on it. Everything else is much the same as ps2....

A Update is released, it updates the team rosters (arshavin to Arsenal...).

What i am missing is replacing the EPL Emblems and League Logos on the PC.
I extracted the .AFS files from the DVD. ASF Explorer & game graphics Studio opens this and lists the files in it but didn't show any textures or graphic files.

Last edited:
A Update is released, it updates the team rosters (arshavin to Arsenal...).

What i am missing is replacing the EPL Emblems and League Logos on the PC.
I extracted the .AFS files from the DVD. ASF Explorer & game graphics Studio opens this and lists the files in it but didn't show any textures or graphic files.

Yea updated already, thats a good touch. So regarding patching u reckon the wii version can be patched since u got a app to read the file......

Yea updated already, thats a good touch. So regarding patching u reckon the wii version can be patched since u got a app to read the file......
Was this an in-game update or a wii system update? When I fired up the game it had me do a wii system update but when I started the game the first thing I checked was arsenal's roster and arshavin wasn't there.

I am on a US wii with a US version of the game if that makes a difference.

edit: found the update and applied it.

I love this game

Last edited:
Happy to see the game is good.. A little thing: to play with 100% "standard" PES controls which kind of device do you need? Are wiimote and nunchuk enough?
Or do you need a classic controller/gamecube controller for it to work?

Are you "that" Wolf? If so, beer's on me if we ever meet.. You may not know me because I joined the editing scene not that much ago, but I for sure remember your patches and regard them being classy ;)

Back on topic: I'm waiting to try this game out myself before I buy a Wii, but really the idea of getting myself one of them consoles is getting stronger day after day..
And being the Wii the only platform on which PES2009 looks (and even plays, raeding what you've written) actually good, well, makes me want one even more!!

Happy to see the game is good.. A little thing: to play with 100% "standard" PES controls which kind of device do you need? Are wiimote and nunchuk enough?
Or do you need a classic controller/gamecube controller for it to work?

Basically to play it like the olden days on ps2 you need the classic controller, i don't think the GC controller is supported.

The nunchuck & wiimote is basically used, most ppl say that this is a better experience...(i'll give that ago someday)

It really is great. Passing, dragging players on runs exactly where they need to be, aiming shots, everything is great and fluid when played with the nunchuck and wiimote.

Are you "that" Wolf? If so, beer's on me if we ever meet.. You may not know me because I joined the editing scene not that much ago, but I for sure remember your patches and regard them being classy ;)

Back on topic: I'm waiting to try this game out myself before I buy a Wii, but really the idea of getting myself one of them consoles is getting stronger day after day..
And being the Wii the only platform on which PES2009 looks (and even plays, raeding what you've written) actually good, well, makes me want one even more!!

Yep, making those patches took half of my life for a few years there but it was fun and worth it because PES back in those days was above and beyond FIFA so much, it was the only footy game to play.

The Wii version just plays like I remember it. None of the next-gen problems that it's incarnations on the XBox and PS3 have thrown up. It doesn't look super flashy in terms of true next-gen graphics but in terms of playability it's the best PES I've played. It feels exactly like it did at the time of WE6:FE and WE7 when the gameplay felt close to perfect.

Although FIFA 09 on the 360 is the best next-gen experience for a footy game, this reminds you why PES/WE was always the best and is way more fun to play.

Yep, making those patches took half of my life for a few years there but it was fun and worth it because PES back in those days was above and beyond FIFA so much, it was the only footy game to play.

The Wii version just plays like I remember it. None of the next-gen problems that it's incarnations on the XBox and PS3 have thrown up. It doesn't look super flashy in terms of true next-gen graphics but in terms of playability it's the best PES I've played. It feels exactly like it did at the time of WE6:FE and WE7 when the gameplay felt close to perfect.

Although FIFA 09 on the 360 is the best next-gen experience for a footy game, this reminds you why PES/WE was always the best and is way more fun to play.

:WORSHIP:

I heard about some magical things of Wii PES version.
I got this today.
Oh gameplay itself what i've been waiting for long time.

Let's go to new patch world on Wii PES.
I was one of member of K_patch making on PC/XBOX version PES.

After a few days I can honestly say I've never been so happy with a PES release. Forget the fact that it's not true next-gen graphics like FIFA 09 on the 360/PS3, this game is as playable as you could wish for. This is the PES we all loved and it's back. If they released this version on 360/PS3, other than the graphics whores, nobody would be disappointed.

hi..just tried the game.
is there any other closer camera views?
i cant see the ball properly, is too small imo!

Back
Top Bottom