pes 2009 Wii looking good

As much as this game seems to be a good one, can't really see myself buying the console for it. In 7 months we'll have the PS3/360 version then my Wii will collect dust.

After a few days I can honestly say I've never been so happy with a PES release. Forget the fact that it's not true next-gen graphics like FIFA 09 on the 360/PS3, this game is as playable as you could wish for. This is the PES we all loved and it's back. If they released this version on 360/PS3, other than the graphics whores, nobody would be disappointed.

how does it play with classic controller is it actually better than pes 6
is ai better ball pyhs and crucially game shape better
im asking in terms of classic controller play
also it seems you can select pitch pattern is this true
thanks

how does it play with classic controller is it actually better than pes 6
is ai better ball pyhs and crucially game shape better
im asking in terms of classic controller play
also it seems you can select pitch pattern is this true
thanks

With the classic controller, its back to the heh days of pes on ps2 mos def.:)

everything is more or less perfect AI, Ball...

The pitch pattern selection, No.

As much as this game seems to be a good one, can't really see myself buying the console for it. In 7 months we'll have the PS3/360 version then my Wii will collect dust.

That's assuming the team that produce the PS3 and 360 manage to get it right. I can't believe the Wii team can get it so right and the other development teams can f*** it up so much. There is a world of difference between what they have offered. The first two "next-gen" versions for the 360/PS3 have sucked. Badly. This Wii version is the bets soccer title I've ever played. FIFA 09 on the 360 is great but it's now so much of a simulation that it's lost the adrenaline that we used to get with the early versions of PES/WE. The last two years, for how badly they screwed us over, Konami could have gone and screwed themselves for all I care but this Wii version has put them back in the picture. If they can just replicate this version and improve the graphics a little better for the 360/PS3 then they are right where they need to be.

With the classic controller, its back to the heh days of pes on ps2 mos def.:)

everything is more or less perfect AI, Ball...

The pitch pattern selection, No.

Yeah this game is great. You loose some of what the wii version is meant to be with the classic controller but the gameplay is what it used to be on the ps2 if you use the classic controller.

with classic controller does it keep really wide camera angle
if not does the 480p still give a bigger view of pitch than ps2 versions did
also is this better than pes6 08 09 on ps2? are we back to pes 3 and 5 glory days ?
thanks

with classic controller does it keep really wide camera angle
if not does the 480p still give a bigger view of pitch than ps2 versions did
also is this better than pes6 08 09 on ps2? are we back to pes 3 and 5 glory days ?
thanks

I have those same questions. I have a feeling the gameplay is similar to PES 2009 on the PS2....which isn't bad at all. Maybe not as great as the glory days but close.

I'll have a report after the weekend. I don't have a Wii but I'm buying the game to play on my friend's Wii. And then I'll make the decision if buying a Wii for this game and possibly future games is worth it.

I have those same questions. I have a feeling the gameplay is similar to PES 2009 on the PS2....which isn't bad at all. Maybe not as great as the glory days but close.

I'll have a report after the weekend. I don't have a Wii but I'm buying the game to play on my friend's Wii. And then I'll make the decision if buying a Wii for this game and possibly future games is worth it.

Hmmm a difficult one to answer, haven't played those versions in ages. I would say it plays smoother than pes 2009 on ps2, AI seems better aswell (don't hold me 2 that...). There are a few gripes.

1. I found playin in certain stadiums @ 60hz tv setting on a CRT tv the refresh rate suffers in the middle of the pitch (san siro, camp nou) its like the screen tears. The effect you get on da ps2 when you celebrate goals up close.

2. Online @ the mo sometime takes ages to find someone (shud have been a lobby like old ps2 days) maybe because its only offically released 2day for england

If you play the game doh on 50hz setting it more like pes6, fast as hell. smoother aswell but you get black borders top & bottom if you don have tv which can stretch the image.

Overall doh its da best version out of all of them in my opinion. I've played all version bar x360 version extensivly.

Hope this help explain for you

Hmmm a difficult one to answer, haven't played those versions in ages. I would say it plays smoother than pes 2009 on ps2, AI seems better aswell (don't hold me 2 that...). There are a few gripes.

1. I found playin in certain stadiums @ 60hz tv setting on a CRT tv the refresh rate suffers in the middle of the pitch (san siro, camp nou) its like the screen tears. The effect you get on da ps2 when you celebrate goals up close.

2. Online @ the mo sometime takes ages to find someone (shud have been a lobby like old ps2 days) maybe because its only offically released 2day for england

If you play the game doh on 50hz setting it more like pes6, fast as hell. smoother aswell but you get black borders top & bottom if you don have tv which can stretch the image.

Overall doh its da best version out of all of them in my opinion. I've played all version bar x360 version extensivly.

Hope this help explain for you

A german online magazine reviewed PES09 and they wrote that the TV Settings must be the same with the opponent to play a online game or find a onlineopponent (i think it only finds opponents with same settings).
50hz vs 60hz doesn't work (because the game would run at a different speed at both sides)

Bought this 2day and took it back for a refund - used the classic controller and the gameplay was good but on my LCD the graphics were awful - really blurred and I could hardly see the ball.

Bought this 2day and took it back for a refund - used the classic controller and the gameplay was good but on my LCD the graphics were awful - really blurred and I could hardly see the ball.

You should use the component cable if you have component on your TV. 480p give a sharper clearer picture. The game seems good, takes ages to find a online game though.

This is review using only classic controller for those who are on the fence re this version. I will make references to the ps2 versions because its against those that this will or will not prove value for money. I hope it's of some use.

Graphics
The pallette is more vibrant by some distance in comparison to the ps2 versions and the pitches are patterned better i.e. straighter sharper lines on the pitch for the grass, rather than the silly squiggly ones of past years (here's looking at you stockholm stadium!)
The lighter is also sharper doing away with the slightly dull appearance of ps2 pes'.
A word of warning - the picture can be a little grainy at times (in a curious reversal of the ps2 games, in game is grainy and the replays are smooth). This may be because i'm using a component cable.

Ball Physics
They are better than any pes of ps2 origin. Simple as that. The physics appear to be half way between the ps3 pes 2009 and ps2 pes 2009, which perhaps makes (some) sense considering the position of the wii in relation to those consoles vis-a-vis power. The ball moves along the ground with greater variety and wind resistance plays a greater role ala ps3 version, if not to the same extent as the current gen imposter. Therefore, in comparison to ps2 versions, there is a noticeable, if not massive differance.

Game shape
This for me is a very important aspect of the game. FIFA 09 0s3 does it so well i.e. the way in which players hold realistic positions on the pitch. In comparison to ps2 pes', this game is similar to the j-league games (my last point of reference being wcc j-league 2007) but still not quite as good as pes3/we7. It's better than pes 6 and its huge gaps in midfield. It's not perfect though - defences perhaps make for the penalty box too easily and there can still be too great a distance between the two defensive lines. BUt overall, in terms of playing a tactical game, it's perfectly possible here and there is none of the fly-on-ointment en masse movement of players as in the ps3 versions.

A word of caution - playing with barcelona, liverpool, man utd etc can to some extent break this game - it's too fast, there are too many gaps over the pitch. Playing with middle teams produces a much more 'organised' slower paced game i.e. porto. olympiacos, ajax.

Also, in common with ps3 pes the ball seems to stay closer to players, but not to the same extreme extent - just the right amount perhaps. So whereas with pes 5 and to a lesser extent 6 you would feel as if the game was constantly moving and the ball in perpetual motion, you now have more opportunity to hold the ball, move calmly, rather than just give and go repeatedly as your carried along by the momentum of the game.

Animations
It's largely as we were here - however there are some new (or at least improved) animations added for changing direction and passing so it's not without any evolution (if only i'd known at pes 3 how much i'd come to hate that word)

AI
It seems a touch sharper than the ps2 versions and players hold positions better than ps3 versions. It's major improvement appears to be in the efficiencly of AI runs so there's less of the full back standing still when you want him to overlap and central midfielders make angles for passes a little better than before.

All the dynamic movement as per ps2 versions remains.

Overall
Pes 2009 wii when played with classic controller to some extent represents a mid-ground between ps2 and ps3 pes versions. Its clear that some of the design decisions re ps3 versions have been absorbed by the wii-team. However, in a good way! What you get is all the ps2 pes fluidity with some of the few improvements present in the ps3 versions.

The more you play it, the less it seems like the ps2 versions.

Is it worth a purchase if you already have pes 6-pes 2009 on ps2? If you notice the subtle differances in pes games then yes it is. BUT, if you don't, and your struggling to make the jump back from FIFA in all it's fluidity and verisimilitude, then DO NOT buy this just to play with the classic controller as you won't find enough here.

Can someone help? I'm trying to play a co-op cup with my friend. I cannot find any way to get him in the game.

Is co-op not possible in cups and such on the Wii? If so, I'll never play. I have 2 classic controllers connected normally.

I am able to play co-op only in exhibition matches.

Can someone try to get a co-op cup going and let me know if it's possible.

Try the new co-op mode where one player controls the guy on the ball (with the classic controller) and the other guy controls the rest of the team with the wiimote. It's very satisfying, to say the least.

If you want to play in a league, cup or ladder.
You can visit http://pes-wii.de/ if you want , we are a german community with many people from Europe! We dialy play against each other :)

Our league conisits of 10 Players and 3 leagues , that are linked with each other :)

http://pes-wii.de/

Guys, I'd like to know if it is worth buying it if I have the 2008 version of the game, especially if I'm NOT going to be playing it using the standard controller :|

Please lemme know what's your take on it.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Guys, I'd like to know if it is worth buying it if I have the 2008 version of the game, especially if I'm NOT going to be playing it using the standard controller :|

Please lemme know what's your take on it.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

It's worthy purchase, if u hav da classic controller, yes its up the with da old ps2 version of pes.

Plus it has downloadable roster's implemented by konami.....

I have a question:

Classic controller doesnt have tha same r1,r2,l1,l2 buttons like the ps2 controller. How do you make dribles over the feet in wii pes2009?

The classic controller has two smaller buttons next to the the r1 and l1 buttons which act as the r2 and l2. takes a bit of getting used to but in a couple of days it starts to feel natural.

By the way is there an option file available for the wii version yet?

The classic controller has two smaller buttons next to the the r1 and l1 buttons which act as the r2 and l2. takes a bit of getting used to but in a couple of days it starts to feel natural.

By the way is there an option file available for the wii version yet?

There is, u can either download the roster updates from konami within the game or you can download pitbull OF file.
But be warned pitbull OF file need you to do some work..

His post is in the editing forum.....
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/52648/page-3

Best football game Ive played in the last 3-4 years (including Fifa and PES for PS3 and 360). I should make clear that I only like it using the classic controller, I don't like the nun-chuck.

I got it a few days ago, AMAZING! The nunchuck version is way too easy after a while, but the classic controller is good fun. I think it's well worth 20 quid, and now they have proper Master League as well

Back
Top Bottom