PES 2009 COMMENTARY SUCKS

The commentary in 2009 is a lot worse than it was in PES 4, 5 and 6.

The main guy is stupidly scathing about what happens on the pitch, and his little catchphrases like that "party" one were enough to make me turn the commentary off altogether.

The italian commentary is best than the english..
when install the game, just chose the commentary language..

I can confirm the Italian commentary 2009 by Pierluigi Pardo & Josè Altafini is the best ever made for PES!:WORSHIP:

I really can say the italian commentators put into the comment real participation and the result is very close to a live comment :)

Don't know about english & others cos I never used them so far.

I'm happy this year but VERY DISAPPOINTED cos Konami cut off the away supporter chants!!! Shame Konami!!
bye!

Hi people;

i was just surfing and i noticed this topic.My name is HASAN MUSTAN and i am the turkish commentator of pes.since pes 4 i have been making commentator patches.You are so right,english commentator sucks!i know it more than every one.Because i am in that slots nearly 5 years.

YouTube - T.S.C exTReme TANITIM VÄ°DEO Ä°NTER-GS

This video can give you a clue about my works.

and this is our web site
http://www.turkcespiker.com

C U

so i just found something amusing...

if you replace the "rs0e_e.img" from the pc version with the "j_sound.afs" file from winning eleven 2009 ps2 version, you get jon kabira commentary!
the commentary is not accurate though, as the japs seem to have remapped the phrases, but its better than the english crap nonetheless!

I cannot believe what am seeing, I was just checking out youtube for pes2009 video and I came across the video below. this is pretty much embarrassing for a company as big as konami copying and pasting the commentary files for pes2008 for pes2009. I know people crave PES series for the game play but you the hear audio part of it as well. They didn't even bother to change any part of the awful commentary by john champion and mark lawrenson. :CURSE:

What are they trying to do here, this is pretty, pretty, pretty disappointing :RANT:

YouTube - PES 2009 Gameplay videos from IGN.

Why are you so surprised? Commentary has always been lousy in PES! So has the sound: without fan made chant packs, the games are devoid of atmosphere and don't even get me started on the sound of the ball being kicked, or that retarded scuffling sound you get whenever two players are jostling each other!

I'm sorry but lack of money isn't an issue....this is Konami that we are talking about....PES is or was one of the biggest selling and most popular games in the UK and I think the rest of Europe as well.....Konami also made profit from the likes of Metal Gear Solid 4 and it's other franchises like Castlevania....and they recently just acquired the UEFA Champions League license from EA so lack of money isn't an issue....the reason they haven't got the Fifa license apparently is because EA currently own the rights....that's also why they can't get Andy Gray or Martin Tyler on commentary for PES (how I'd love that) - however as for why the commentary and crowd interaction and general presentation is consistently crap and sunday league ish I have no clue....I can only hope PES 2010 takes it's answers from it's title and is an evolution for the series and a major one at that because it needs it.

Back
Top Bottom