PES 2009 COMMENTARY SUCKS

remzy

Non-League
7 October 2008
I cannot believe what am seeing, I was just checking out youtube for pes2009 video and I came across the video below. this is pretty much embarrassing for a company as big as konami copying and pasting the commentary files for pes2008 for pes2009. I know people crave PES series for the game play but you the hear audio part of it as well. They didn't even bother to change any part of the awful commentary by john champion and mark lawrenson. :CURSE:

What are they trying to do here, this is pretty, pretty, pretty disappointing :RANT:

YouTube - PES 2009 Gameplay videos from IGN.

Last edited:
that does not warrant copy and paste, at least change a tiny little bit :RANT:

There is a magical land called JAPAN....where people buy shit on a plate if it comes out of a japanese rear but will never buy anything that made elsewhere even if its solid gold...

Someone, please make commentary patch which import from FIFA series.
I don't like the game itself, but commentary is really awesome.

Last edited:
Someone, please made commentary patch which import from FIFA series.
I don't like the game itself, but commentary is really awesome.

Did anyone do a commentary patch for PES2008??

Wasn't it Nacks version for PES06? I have that and it's brilliant!
Hope it was done for PES2008 and can just be transferred over!

the logic on which the commentary is made in pes is idiotic and simple. even with great patches like fifa comm patch for pes5 and pes6 the commentary was still boring because it just repeated a couple of phrases over and over again.
if pes used to be way better than fifa regarding the football game itself, the gameplay, fifa is better regarding the atmosphere that sorrounds the pitch: crowd, commentary, etc.

I hope to maybe see a japanese patch with John Kabira.
That guy is sick.

So...If it is the same..................
So we can use the already existed patches.

Italian commentary is the same?

We should be grateful that Konami, at least, have not given Lawro the No 1 position. I like the Italian commentary. I wonder if I can have English menus and Italian commentary..?

When you install PES, I don't remember whether you have to choose advance install options kind thing, but installer asks menu language, commentray language to install. And if you have multiple languages, It can be changed in in-game options.

I don't know any italian.. so I don't know that commentary is good or not.

Ahh thanks for the reply. It's been so long since I installed I had forgotten the options.

In the second video in this thread, i'm liking how the computer is very dominating, and it seems much smarter this time round in pes 2009.

I hate this commentary too, "it's the opener but it's come at the wrong end" , what the hell is this? and not to mention the 3 second delay for years, at least fix that stupid delay for god's sake.

To get the most realistic commentary, just turn off the commentary in PES, and hire one of yer m8s to do commentary while u play. hehehe

But seriously, FIFA has got the better commentators and scripts.
PES seriously should've gone after Martin Tyler, even he tries to sound like a robot, he still sounds good. And get any Scottish bloke to be the 2nd commentator and you've got yourself decent commentary.

I'm a bit surprised no-one has managed to record a whole lot of commentary themselves. Almost every other aspect of modding has been mastered. Must be a lot of work..

Back
Top Bottom