PC v Console PES

DuduBR9

Champions League
25 July 2010
The PC can obviously handle anything you throw at it but the old consoles would not be able to keep up. Next gen is slightly better but still nowhere near the potential of a PC. Hopefully, they created this with PC primarily in mind. That way we will get the full potential.

Slightly better...
:ROLL:

The leap between this and next genration is just as big as in other genrations. It's nowhere just slightly better, the technical leap is huge. And a PS4 that you can get for 399 will outperforme PCs that cost today 600 or even 700 for being a closed box with greater optimizagtion and mordern arquitechture (but please, don't feed this PC vs console war just because I said that truth, it's boring and it doesn't even make sense, both platforms have different purpose and aim on the market, they are completetly different in their essence), at the mid and end of the next generation we will see that on exclusive games developed by Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and etc.

Compare Infamous Secon Son to any first gen title of PS3 or Xbox 360.

http://www.onlysp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/1370953399-infamous-second-son-1.jpg

http://omelete.uol.com.br/images/galerias/inFamous_Second_Son//inFamous-Second-Son-22Jul2013-3.jpg

A PS3 first gen title

http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/4399/feature/2006-10-20/screen4_large.jpg

The difference is HUGE. There are plenty of things that Konami can do on the nextgen consoles, you have to be a fanboy (PC or a nintendo fanboy, as WiiU is not nextgen) to deny that. It's impressive how some pc gamers are always trying to downplay consoles, and you usually do that by posting so much bullshit like this (nextgen console being just "slghtly better" than current console duh). Don't make me lauugh... :FAIL:

Last edited:
Re: PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Slightly better...

The leap between this and next genration is just as big as in other genrations. It's nowhere just slightly better, the technical leap is huge. And a PS4 that you can get for 399 will outperforme PCs that cost today 600 or even 700 for being a closed box with greater optimizagtion and mordern arquitechture (but please, don't feed this PC vs console war just because I said that truth, it's boring and it doesn't even make sense, both platforms have different purpose and aim on the market, they are completetly different in their essence), at the mid and end of the next generation we will see that on exclusive games developed by Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and etc.

http://www.onlysp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/1370953399-infamous-second-son-1.jpg

http://omelete.uol.com.br/images/galerias/inFamous_Second_Son//inFamous-Second-Son-22Jul2013-3.jpg

A PS3 first gen title

The difference is HUGE. There are plenty of things that Konami can do on the nextgen consoles, you have to be a fanboy (PC or a nintendo fanboy, as WiiU is not nextgen) to deny that. It's impressive how some pc gamers are always trying to downplay consoles, and you usually do that by posting so much bullshit like this (nextgen console being just "slghtly better" than current console duh). Don't make me lauugh... :FAIL:

The Xbox360 launched with Xenos GPU that had unified shaders. AKA X1900XT http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2006/01/24/ati_x1900_launch/1
$550

The PS4 will launch with a HD7850 AMD:
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...tU5dMeZ7qqYSCyjMTxuT5SynzXu/KkhCBm7FxChhupfLg

$160

And thats ^^^^ August....Come November it will drop to little over $100.

Sooo what we see here? $550 launch GPU vs $100 launch GPU?
Console makers cheapen out?
When PES2015 will run on a 100 euros GPU dont cry please.

The Xbox360 launched with Xenos GPU that had unified shaders. AKA X1900XT http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2006/01/24/ati_x1900_launch/1
$550

The PS4 will launch with a HD7850 AMD:
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...tU5dMeZ7qqYSCyjMTxuT5SynzXu/KkhCBm7FxChhupfLg

$160

And thats ^^^^ August....Come November it will drop to little over $100.

Sooo what we see here? $550 launch GPU vs $100 launch GPU?
Console makers cheapen out?
When PES2015 will run on a 100 euros GPU dont cry please.

Wrong.

I don't undersatand much (and my english doesnt help me) but I made some research. The PS4 gpu is more like a 7870 amd, but customized to work specifically with the other components, so it will easily outperform the 7870, and it will benefit HEAVILY from having something like 4 or 5 vram of super fast memory (GDDR5) avaliable, only Titan has that much ram for graphics purpose, and not to count that developers will do the best they can to acuatualy take advantage of all it's power, since it's a closed box that millions of people will own, it's power is not underused like on PCs as developers are not forced to develop for thousands of different combinations, they can focus their development on one combination alone, so an equivalent PC will never have the same performance, not to count the overheads, how much resorces on PC are dedicated to non-game stuff.

Let me say this clearly: I'm not comparing the graphics capability between PC and PS4. Graphics wise of course PC will win as you are free to build a PC your money can buy, and there's always a new gpu on the market, but the point is: you won't build any PC by the price of a PS4 that may have 1/3 of graphics performance with all the benefits consoles have, not to count the mordern architecture.

I don't want to turn this into a PC vs consoles debate, but I think all this is about preference and individual choices. Particularly, after years of using my laptop with all the confort it offers to me, I wouldn't feel good spending a good money on a desktop PC, taking much space on my room, just to play games but not being able to play the best ones of this year (GTAV and The Last of Us). You know, I play PES but I like playing other games, games that are not avaliable on PC or they are released months after consoles version:SMUG:

I recognise some good advantages of owning a PC, but having a desktop PC, in my case, is no longer convenient for many years now.:)) There are also some disavantages that are very relevant to me personally.

Last edited:

Wrong.

I don't undersatand much (and my english doesnt help me) but I made some research. The PS4 gpu is more like a 7870 amd, but customized to work specifically with the other components, so it will easily outperform the 7870, and it will benefit HEAVILY from having something like 4 or 5 vram of super fast memory (GDDR5) avaliable, only Titan has that much ram for graphics purpose, and not to count that developers will do the best they can to acuatualy take advantage of all it's power, since it's a closed box that millions of people will own, it's power is not underused like on PCs as developers are not forced to develop for thousands of different combinations, they can focus their development on one combination alone, so an equivalent PC will never have the same performance, not to count the overheads, how much resorces on PC are dedicated to non-game stuff.

Let me say this clearly: I'm not comparing the graphics capability between PC and PS4. Graphics wise of course PC will win as you are free to build a PC your money can buy, and there's always a new gpu on the market, but the point is: you won't build any PC by the price of a PS4 that may have 1/3 of graphics performance with all the benefits consoles have, not to count the mordern architecture.

I don't want to turn this into a PC vs consoles debate, but I think all this is about preference and individual choices. Particularly, after years of using my laptop with all the confort it offers to me, I wouldn't feel good spending a good money on a desktop PC, taking much space on my room, just to play games but not being able to play the best ones of this year (GTAV and The Last of Us). You know, I play PES but I like playing other games, games that are not avaliable on PC or they are released months after consoles version:SMUG:

I recognise some good advantages of owning a PC, but having a desktop PC, in my case, is no longer convenient for many years now.:)) There are also some disavantages that are very relevant to me personally.

Lets just agree that some of us know how to game on a PC with not much cost and no loss of convinience.
1.jpg

Lets just agree that some of us know how to game on a PC with not much cost and no loss of convinience.

So? If he wants to play PES in consoles, perfect.

So tired of this "PC Gaming Master Race" behavior. When you are older, and have other priorities in life, you'll understand the benefits of consoles.

1.jpg

This is so ugly tbh...

I wouldn't be proud of having that in my room, honestly.:D

But you know what ? What is really important is the personal satisfaction, and people have to respect that.

I have been playing The Last of Us and the experienc this game provides makes me forget about some bad textures and aliasing issue, the game is just brilliant, and I'm very excited for the PS4, as you are excited to play PES on PC with all the advantages (wich I humbly recongnise).

I am a happy console gamer as much any other pc gamer. :))

Pc better than consoles for pes ........ Check

No doubt about that. but I am fine playing on a console.

But being able to play all the best games of 2013 (GTAV and The Last of Us) on a single platform is something that has no price for me personally, a better version of PES simply doesn't compensate this honestly.

When you are older, and have other priorities in life, you'll understand the benefits of consoles.

Actually it has gone the other way for me. The consoles are fantastic for their simple, plug-and-play usability, but I love the raw power of the PC and the mods.

This is so ugly tbh...

But you know what ? What is really important is the personal satisfaction, and people have to respect that.

I have been playing The Last of Us and the experienc this game provides makes me forget about some bad textures and aliasing issue, the game is just brilliant, and I'm very excited for the PS4, as you are excited to play PES on PC with all the advantages (wich I humbly recongnise).

I am a happy console gamer as much any other pc gamer. :))

If it wasnt for the AMAZING PC patches that the MORE amazing community is making I wouldnt even open my mouth.
image.jpg

I wonder if any patchers on PC can make a banner that says " :RANT: U Madrid!" OR make it a mosaic when they come to the Nou?

Don't see why not. :D

So? If he wants to play PES in consoles, perfect.

So tired of this "PC Gaming Master Race" behavior. When you are older, and have other priorities in life, you'll understand the benefits of consoles.

Sorry, but I had to reply to this. Are you trying to say that someone who games on a PC is somehow childish, while someone who plays on a console (which is designed for games and games alone) is 'older with more priorities in life'? No PC v Console here - just a simple answer to a simple question...

And since we don't want PC v Consoles in this thread, I won't elaborate on how 'elitist' console gamers are when it comes to PC gamers wondering why certain games aren't released on PC. People think that it's only PC gamers who are 'elitist'; both camps are equally as bad as each other, in different ways.

Last edited:

Sorry, but I had to reply to this. Are you trying to say that someone who games on a PC is somehow childish, while someone who plays on a console (which is designed for games and games alone) is 'older with more priorities in life'? No PC v Console here - just a simple answer to a simple question...

And since we don't want PC v Consoles in this thread, I won't elaborate on how 'elitist' console gamers are when it comes to PC gamers wondering why certain games aren't released on PC. People think that it's only PC gamers who are 'elitist'; both camps are equally as bad as each other, in different ways.
I play on PC regularly.

I didn't want to stereotype all PC players (Of course there are nice PC gamers who even help new users to introduce them to the platform), but some people is a bit childish with those themes.

I mean, who cares if the user "DuduBR9" plays on console? Who cares if I play on PC? What's the point of promoting PC benefits like a evangelist, while trashtalking consoles? Just trolling?

There are understandable reasons to use both platforms. Both have advantages and drawbacks. What matters is that we all play PES, and want it to be great.

Last edited:

I play on PC regularly.

I didn't want to stereotype all PC players (Of course there are nice PC gamers who even help new users to introduce them to the platform), but some people is a bit childish with those themes.

I mean, who cares if the user "DuduBR9" plays on console? Who cares if I play on PC? What's the point of promoting PC benefits like a evangelist, while trashtalking consoles? Just trolling?

There are understandable reasons to use both platforms. Both have advantages and drawbacks. What matters is that we all play PES, and want it to be great.

Maturity is not accepted around here.

Seriously though, I play on the pc and that is because 95% of my gaming is football related. Either FIFA, PES or Football Manager. Any other game I play has to be very cheap and on PC, otherwise I don't care.

But I understand those who game more than football. GTA V has me very tempted to get a console.

I play on PC regularly.

I think it's fair to say that for every 'PC Gamer Master Race member', there's an elitist console gamer who will just spout 'get a console' when you ask, politely as you like, why certain games aren't on the PC and despite what everyone thinks, it has nothing to do with piracy (otherwise there'd be no AAA titles on PC at all) and nothing to do with PCs being tied to small monitors, only having the keyboard as the main control method and other BS myths like that). There are advantages and disadvantages to both platforms, that's for sure, but it's time an end was put to this BS that only PC gamers are elitist. The console community has its fair share of 'elitists' as well - in a different way.

The thing that annoys me about consoles is they hold gaming back. Sure, the PS4 and Xbox One will lead the way for a short while, being better than all but the best gaming PCs, but after that period is over we'll be stuck in another 'generation cycle' where the PC strides out miles ahead of the consoles but is still shackled by them since most PC games are console ports. If more devs took the Battlefield devs' stance of 'we'll lead on PC and make it fit on the consoles', then we'd have the best of both worlds. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Slightly better...

A PS3 first gen title

Oh, I just thought this would be a timely moment to remind you that at E3, the Xbox One demos were clearly being run on some sort of PC. That's definitely something to 'lauugh' about...

This is so ugly tbh...

It's generally hidden away under a desk...

Not the best looking case though. Here's the one I got:

387d1292961819-prodam-korpus-diabolic-minotaur-gaming-case-0788.jpg

Unfortunately mine didn't have the red colour; it has purple instead. Not as good looking as the red one, but still a very nice case. :) At least it has a bit of character to it, which is more than can be said for consoles...

Last edited:
About PS4 and Xbox One...

Aren't those just PCs scrapped off resources hungry OS (Windows ugh - what a terrible OS for gaming that is!)

Sorry, but the advancement in technology is far less impressive than when PS3 and X360 came on market or even PS2 (if I recall P4 era).

Now, in 1 year after consoles release, any PC will eat them alive. Especially with AMD (as they did already release part of PS4 core onto notebooks - MSI GX70 I believe it is called, coming with A10 processor with discrete 8xxx GPU - Metro in medium details? in 1920x1080 res? In a laptop <1000$).

Graphically new consoles will only match what we currently had on PCs. Bah, some gamers can pummel their games at 3 monitors at 4k resolution... (Ultra HD anyone?).

Consoles will only offer native 1920x1080 @60fps. Nothing more than that.

PCs will soon move to frameless monitors. Eyefinity will then make much more sense (playing at 6 monitors working as one. Jizz :D).

Yes, price does not matter for HARDCORE gamers. Hardcore gamers DON'T own consoles due to their limitations (playing FPS games on gamepad? Seriously?).

And nope. Not one exclusive made me want to go and buy console. Dead serious here.

About PS4 and Xbox One...

Aren't those just PCs scrapped off resources hungry OS (Windows ugh - what a terrible OS for gaming that is!)

Sorry, but the advancement in technology is far less impressive than when PS3 and X360 came on market or even PS2 (if I recall P4 era).

Now, in 1 year after consoles release, any PC will eat them alive. Especially with AMD (as they did already release part of PS4 core onto notebooks - MSI GX70 I believe it is called, coming with A10 processor with discrete 8xxx GPU - Metro in medium details? in 1920x1080 res? In a laptop <1000$).

Graphically new consoles will only match what we currently had on PCs. Bah, some gamers can pummel their games at 3 monitors at 4k resolution... (Ultra HD anyone?).

Consoles will only offer native 1920x1080 @60fps. Nothing more than that.

PCs will soon move to frameless monitors. Eyefinity will then make much more sense (playing at 6 monitors working as one. Jizz :D).

Yes, price does not matter for HARDCORE gamers. Hardcore gamers DON'T own consoles due to their limitations (playing FPS games on gamepad? Seriously?).

And nope. Not one exclusive made me want to go and buy console. Dead serious here.

Great post. Sort of shoots down all the arguments really. ;)

I have bought both the PC and PS3 versions for the past 3 years. This year I'll stick with PC exclusively for the following reasons:

- It looks better and with patches it can look/sound/feel incredible.
- Not region-locked. V. important for me as I play friends on other continents.
- I travel a lot and bringing the Laptop is more convenient.
- PC version has been cheaper on release and available as a download. However I'm not sure this year - could it be Steam only? That would be a bummer.

Yes, but it may still require Steam to work.
I don't think so. Why should they take the trouble to integrate Steam into the game specifically for the PC version? The Steam version of PES 2013 is also the same version just as a digital download.

I just read this thread for the first time, really made me laugh.
Someone made a comment someone didn't like and he went off on one completely and felt the need to start a new thread, just because he didn't get the point the other guy was making.

I don't think so. Why should they take the trouble to integrate Steam into the game specifically for the PC version? The Steam version of PES 2013 is also the same version just as a digital download.

Because saves will now be saved in "cloud." Allowing you to play your save anywhere in the World, if you install Steam and PES on said computer. Convenient :).

Also updates are done automatically. I believe Steam will also be needed for Online play (look at Football Manager series prior version 2012).

Please also stop comparing PES2013 and PES 2014. Both are different and will use different file systems... Some things might have changed we don't know about yet.

I like Steam personally as I have got heck loads of great deals on it :D.

Back
Top Bottom