PC v Console PES

I just read this thread for the first time, really made me laugh.
Someone made a comment someone didn't like and he went off on one completely and felt the need to start a new thread, just because he didn't get the point the other guy was making.

Keep on topic please.

Because saves will now be saved in "cloud." Allowing you to play your save anywhere in the World, if you install Steam and PES on said computer. Convenient :).

Also updates are done automatically. I believe Steam will also be needed for Online play (look at Football Manager series prior version 2012).

Please also stop comparing PES2013 and PES 2014. Both are different and will use different file systems... Some things might have changed we don't know about yet.

I like Steam personally as I have got heck loads of great deals on it :D.

Agreed. I am excited about PES being on steam as I far prefer digital downloads to boxed games (I think my environmentally concious girlfriend is getting to me!). I love the idea of having cloud saves and a re-install only a fibre-optic download away :) I also am interested to see how it may improve the online experience (be it this year or in the future). I think Steam will also help bridge on of the gaps between PC and console where console never has a problem of miss-matched game patches.

I started off playing PES about 13 years ago or so. A friend had a Japanese import of the first PS2 Winning Eleven game and I was hooked. He even lent me ISS98 on the PSX to keep me going until I could buy my own PS2 and region free disc loader!

When I was younger and mainly played PES with friends coming round. Console was ideal for me (lucky as it was the only choice back then). I moved to Xbox for one year just because it had multi-player via Xbox live for the first time. I then moved to PC as it seemed to have as good an online experience that year (I think maybe PES4). I remember installing an APP that ran a match-making service with leagues and a cup. It would auto-launch the game and connect to your opponent and you could chat in-between and see scores pop-up as they happened (I still haven't had a community experience like that since). I stuck with PC after that as I grew older and had more 'life commitments' to deal with that meant taking an evening out to game online wasn't really a fair choice any more. PC meant I could play a solo game in the Master League and have all the correct kits/leagues/sounds and so on to make it feel more 'deep'. I could even record the occasional great goal to share online far before these things could be done (without shaky cam) on consoles. I still remember an old Cisse goal for Liverpool why I head down a freekick for him to hit the sweetest outside foot volley!

Sorry, big paragraph, happens when you start reminiscing :) My point was meant to be. I've always moved to game where the best experience was to be had. For several years now the best experience I've had with PES has been on PC. I have faith that any interesting new developments to be had exclusively will happen on PC now via third party (be it mods or some ingenious league software or whatever) since consoles are so close to PC hardware now that there's no reason not to have the same features on all platforms. If a new feature does appear only on console, I may switch again. But for now the PC is my PES weapon of choice

PS. Although I still use an adaptor on the PC for a PS2 pad, there's no other choice there ;)

Re: PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Lets just agree that some of us know how to game on a PC with not much cost and no loss of convinience.
1.jpg

I want dat PC...
...so generally PCs just upgrade on a constant curve, so they are generally better in performance...
1400264_577517122316796_449661470_o.jpg

But I am not really in favor of PC Elitism... some people just like convenience more than performance :)

But PC Gaming Elitism makes me laugh... its funneh^^
http://hackerbot.net/106-sexy-gamer-coolness-index-sgci

XD PC gaming master race^^ silly =D

Back
Top Bottom