Not worth to buy pes5 because of ML

*picks up multiple spat dummies*

*yawn*

Oh sure the AI cheats... can imagine the people at Konami now....

Project manager: 'You remembered to programme in the cheat loop?'

Programmer: 'Oh yes, I thought of some particularly annoying routines to put in, wow I'm so clever..'

Blah, blah, blah, BOLLOCKS!

Grow up you bunch of twunts.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the ML experience, unlike some here I'm awaiting the official release, rather than go for some pissy pirate copy, cos mummy doesn't give me enough pocket money.

I'm still ploughing through 6* ML on PES4, making a young Big Dunc the greatest centre forward in the world is fun.

Rant ends.

;)

Any post including the words Big Dunc.....greatest centre forward in the world..... and making, is just WRONG! :lol:

Oh dear, I really hate that chap ya know, dont really know why either...

The Original Spikester said:
*yawn*
I'm still ploughing through 6* ML on PES4, making a young Big Dunc the greatest centre forward in the world is fun.

So you are honestly telling me you have never seen the coms slowest defenders catch your player with the fastest dribble speed?

When you play one of the lesser teams in the division watch your fastest player get caught and check the other players speed stats. They won't add up, also when you go both up for a header the com almost always reacts first to loose balls.

It doesn't overly bother me that the com cheats, I just wish everyone could see it.

I play on six star and have been playing pro/iss from the days of the psone so I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

Some of your comments were slightly derogatory as I don't spit my dummy out about the cheating.

If the com beats me without any help from the game I absoloutley love it, it's just a shame that it has to resort to underhand tactics to win.

JimJoeC said:
So you are honestly telling me you have never seen the coms slowest defenders catch your player with the fastest dribble speed?

When you play one of the lesser teams in the division watch your fastest player get caught and check the other players speed stats. They won't add up, also when you go both up for a header the com almost always reacts first to loose balls..

Okay let's clone you... just for arguements sake, your DNA is your own, it's there, in the corner, there's no gamble, just a question, you can have your DNA back, that's safe.... you're going home with that.... are you saying that you can run faster with a ball at your feet than your clone that hasn't?

Loose balls, is a matter of reaction and using the shoulder buttons correctly, near always 50/50 for moi.

JimJoeC said:
It doesn't overly bother me that the com cheats, I just wish everyone could see it.

Explain to me how an emotive peice of equipment has the motivation or inclination to alter it's behaviour from it's programming or are you insisting that Konami put a cheat routine in it?

JimJoeC said:
Some of your comments were slightly derogatory as I don't spit my dummy out about the cheating.

Slightly is the word, I'm only a newb here and I'm not going to rip into people yet, well not yet... Have you unlocked the Chicken Cup?

Okay let's clone you... just for arguements sake, your DNA is your own, it's there, in the corner, there's no gamble, just a question, you can have your DNA back, that's safe.... you're going home with that.... are you saying that you can run faster with a ball at your feet than your clone that hasn't?

Loose balls, is a matter of reaction and using the shoulder buttons correctly, near always 50/50 for moi.

Explain to me how an emotive peice of equipment has the motivation or inclination to alter it's behaviour from it's programming or are you insisting that Konami put a cheat routine in it?

Slightly is the word, I'm only a newb here and I'm not going to rip into people yet, well not yet... Have you unlocked the Chicken Cup?

lol, your one witty guy :mrgreen:

Wow! What a pile of complete and utter bollocks.

If it was a clone of any individual then it would be the same person with identical abilities! The point of the comment was that it was thier slowest player and your fastest, nothing to do with clones?

Please engage brain before posting. :roll:

Also please explain the second comment about using the shoulder buttons?

JimJoeC said:
Wow! What a pile of complete and utter bollocks.

If it was a clone of any individual then it would be the same person with identical abilities! The point of the comment was that it was thier slowest player and your fastest, nothing to do with clones?

Please engage brain before posting. :roll:?

The point is, even if your dribbling, even a 'slower player' can catch you up in real life, maybe if we added a backpack with some weights to your clone (don't worry your DNA is still safe), he'd still catch you up.

Have you ever played football? You know, outside, the real world.

Hey think I've got the hang of these smilies! :wanker:

JimJoeC said:
Also please explain the second comment about using the shoulder buttons?

It's, like you press them. :r2: and the odd cancel and not thinking about it fumble works a treat for me.

The point is, even if your dribbling, even a 'slower player' can catch you up in real life, maybe if we added a backpack with some weights to your clone (don't worry your DNA is still safe), he'd still catch you up.

Have you ever played football? You know, outside, the real world.

Hey think I've got the hang of these smilies! :wanker:

It's, like you press them. :r2: and the odd cancel and not thinking about it fumble works a treat for me.

Hang on, now my clone has a backpack to slow him down? Listen closely I'll say this nice and slowly for you:

If your dribbling ability is greater then you will be faster.....

However the com cheats.

Perhaps you should get more sleep on a school night as it would appear that you are learning nothing in your lessons.

Here's a smiley for you :wantwit:

Oh and I used to play football yes, it's fun outside in the real world you should try it sometime. You may find you make less of a fool of yourself....... No maybe that's stretching it a bit.

And as for your explanation on using the shoulder buttons... :roll:

Drekkard you're just a NOOB that plays like shit in ML. I win all matches at 6 stars. And zero goals against till now. There is only 1 rule in pes: You can play the game or you can't! Go play fifa where every shot gets in the goal that game is made for real noobs like you.

masterkabal said:
Drekkard you're just a NOOB that plays like shit in ML. I win all matches at 6 stars. And zero goals against till now. There is only 1 rule in pes: You can play the game or you can't! Go play fifa where every shot gets in the goal that game is made for real noobs like you.

Wow, what a big man you are :roll:

JimJoeC said:
If your dribbling ability is greater then you will be faster.....

However the com cheats.

Perhaps you should get more sleep on a school night as it would appear that you are learning nothing in your lessons.

Oh and I used to play football yes, it's fun outside in the real world you should try it sometime. You may find you make less of a fool of yourself....... No maybe that's stretching it a bit.

And as for your explanation on using the shoulder buttons... :roll:

*listens intently*

Yes... Mr Attacker has faster dribbling, yes, he also has the ball, no? However Mr Defender does not dribble, he has no ball = he can run faster and it isn't down to his dribbling ability.

The penny, he drop, no? :applause:

If we're talking stat wise and I have thought about this, I think the way the stats work, and this could be wrong... is that the dribble speed is a percentage of the players total running speed, admittedly total conjecture.

Please explain why Konami would insert a cheat loop into the game?

I'm a bit past lessons matey and I still play the beautiful game, so you telling me that with the ball you can out run a slower defender on the pitch? You don't have to look up to see where people are and you don't have to look down to control the thing, Forrest?

*listens intently*

Yes... Mr Attacker has faster dribbling, yes, he also has the ball, no? However Mr Defender does not dribble, he has no ball = he can run faster and it isn't down to his dribbling ability.

Dribble speed then you pedantic knobjockey.

Which is about his speed of dribble!

JimJoeC said:
Dribble speed then you pedantic knobjockey.

Which is about his speed of dribble!

Easy tiger, okay dribble speed, however, I've got players that have higher dribble speed than usual speed, doesn't mean they are faster than without the ball (look at me previous comment), anyway it doesn't matter... it's that fact that realistically you are slower with the ball than without...

:roll:

Do peeps actually use the R1 tap-tap to push the ball infront of the player cos when i use with fast players i hardly ever get caught by the defender...As for Cheating the only thing that pi$$es me off is how when the comp is attacking and the 2min injury time has been played and yet still they can score in the 3rd extra min if you cant get the ball off them and boot it up field. However thinking in real terms i don't often see the ref blowing for full time when a cross comes over or a corner is taken.

I've played 3 complete seasons on 5* in PES5. So all of you that haven't got the game or are still beggining to play, please stfu and listen. When you are leading the league, the cheats are boosted.

It's not a cheating routine. It's the complete single player experience that is programmed in order to balance the result. So if you play badly the cheats are going to be sweeter, while if you play better and get a lead of 10 points, for example, then the cheats are just annoying. I call them cheats because my english is limited and maybe another word would suit it better.

Cheats are, for example, that the COM players have reaction time =0, it meanse that on the first frame of my player changing direction the CPU player is also changing direction, as if they were synchronized. Of course, the speed of players is awfully controlled by the CPU.

It's not that you can't outrun defenders. Sometimes you can, depending on the level of cheats at the time and so. But outrunning a player is very very easy in football, even when controlling the ball. Maybe you are all a bunch of bad players. I played for barcelona when being a teenager, and I assure you you can outrun defender a lot. Take in consideration that when you change the rythm and break a defender, he has to turn around and accelerate. That tends so mean loosing 1 second or more respecting the attacker. This 1 second is hard as hell to recover in real life if you're an average defender, and it's just impossible if you're a slow defender. So, Ronaldinho WITH the ball CAN and WILL outrun ALWAYS Stam if he's got space. I see Etoo outrunning everybody WITH the ball every weekend. So, in the game the problem is that A LOT OF TIMES, I dribble with Ronaldinho and the opponent (Pavon, for example, who's nearly 20% slower) can completely turn around in only 3 or 4 frames and accelerate before Ronaldinho pasts him. That sucks. In Exhibition match, you could easily outrun Pavon. In ML, he's magically boosted. The thing is sometimes even the side back runs a diagonal (so he runs even more meters than you) to dispossess you. It is crap. Because in important matches or when the cheats are high, you can't play the game as it is meant, you can't benefit of controls, runs, passes and so, and it's boring as hell.

Another thing is heading. When cheats are high, you can't win any header in midfield. Your player does that crappy animmation putting the hands on the back of the opponent, who jumps and heads alone a perfect header pass 20 meters away. It's fustrating and you can't do a thing. If you press R2 or super cancel to push, you're whistled a foul, so you loose all the headers.

The other main problem is that the game also destroys your team. It doesn't matter stamina, energy, red or orange arrows, etc.... When cheats are high, your players do so slow passes that I see a lot of the times the opponent player running faster than the ball. It is ridiculous to see how player A passes the ball to player B who is 10 meters away and the opponent is there when the ball arrives at the target. That and the fact that your players tend to miscontrol a lot the ball. It doesn't matter pressing L1 or R2 to control the ball in a secure way. I counted up to 7 or 8 miscontrols in a crucial match in ML.

And finally, after altering stats of the players and MY OWN team, the worst thing is how the CPU does his work. Most of the goals will come because and opponent does a 40 yards through pass to a striker who is suspiciously left alone by your entire defense. I have a lot of replays where the defender marking the attacker will simply start to run AWAY of the striker in order to let him receive the pass. That's utterly CRAP. It never happens in human vs human matches. Against CPU, ALL the teams do the same to you, in the exact same way, and the CPU moving your players out of position at will. That's pathetic! You can try to put man marking to your defenders, play with just 3 CB and 2 DM, but at the end it doesn't matter, a midfielder controls the ball and does a perfect 40 pass to a striker and 5 or 6 meters away there's all your 4 defenders marking nobody and just watching him. And, HOW CURIOUS, then the CPU player can OUTRUN you, and he's running with the BALL. Perfect.

Now to the monkey MASTERKABAL: you haven't understood a thing, obviously. I've won all the possible trophies in my 3 ML seasons and tend to loose only 1 or 2 matches in a season. I never load again when I loose. I play it straight. So I'm not moaning about the results or not winning and so... I'm moaning about the game experience, that gets just plain boring because of all this. The game is NOT getting better at this point, they have done nothing to AI, added almost nothing to the ML structure and options. And of course they spend a lot of time BALANCING this cheats in single player. This is BASICALLY what they do when they say they are "tweaking" single player. If not, how the hell do you thing that they balance the game in different difficulty modes or different time periods??? If you were a bit of programmers like myself you would understand all this easier, of course.

Cheers.

drekkard said:
I've played 3 complete seasons on 5* in PES5. So all of you that haven't got the game or are still beggining to play, please stfu and listen. When you are leading the league, the cheats are boosted.

It's not a cheating routine. It's the complete single player experience that is programmed in order to balance the result. So if you play badly the cheats are going to be sweeter, while if you play better and get a lead of 10 points, for example, then the cheats are just annoying. I call them cheats because my english is limited and maybe another word would suit it better.

Cheats are, for example, that the COM players have reaction time =0, it meanse that on the first frame of my player changing direction the CPU player is also changing direction, as if they were synchronized. Of course, the speed of players is awfully controlled by the CPU.

It's not that you can't outrun defenders. Sometimes you can, depending on the level of cheats at the time and so. But outrunning a player is very very easy in football, even when controlling the ball. Maybe you are all a bunch of bad players. I played for barcelona when being a teenager, and I assure you you can outrun defender a lot. Take in consideration that when you change the rythm and break a defender, he has to turn around and accelerate. That tends so mean loosing 1 second or more respecting the attacker. This 1 second is hard as hell to recover in real life if you're an average defender, and it's just impossible if you're a slow defender. So, Ronaldinho WITH the ball CAN and WILL outrun ALWAYS Stam if he's got space. I see Etoo outrunning everybody WITH the ball every weekend. So, in the game the problem is that A LOT OF TIMES, I dribble with Ronaldinho and the opponent (Pavon, for example, who's nearly 20% slower) can completely turn around in only 3 or 4 frames and accelerate before Ronaldinho pasts him. That sucks. In Exhibition match, you could easily outrun Pavon. In ML, he's magically boosted. The thing is sometimes even the side back runs a diagonal (so he runs even more meters than you) to dispossess you. It is crap. Because in important matches or when the cheats are high, you can't play the game as it is meant, you can't benefit of controls, runs, passes and so, and it's boring as hell.

Another thing is heading. When cheats are high, you can't win any header in midfield. Your player does that crappy animmation putting the hands on the back of the opponent, who jumps and heads alone a perfect header pass 20 meters away. It's fustrating and you can't do a thing. If you press R2 or super cancel to push, you're whistled a foul, so you loose all the headers.

The other main problem is that the game also destroys your team. It doesn't matter stamina, energy, red or orange arrows, etc.... When cheats are high, your players do so slow passes that I see a lot of the times the opponent player running faster than the ball. It is ridiculous to see how player A passes the ball to player B who is 10 meters away and the opponent is there when the ball arrives at the target. That and the fact that your players tend to miscontrol a lot the ball. It doesn't matter pressing L1 or R2 to control the ball in a secure way. I counted up to 7 or 8 miscontrols in a crucial match in ML.

And finally, after altering stats of the players and MY OWN team, the worst thing is how the CPU does his work. Most of the goals will come because and opponent does a 40 yards through pass to a striker who is suspiciously left alone by your entire defense. I have a lot of replays where the defender marking the attacker will simply start to run AWAY of the striker in order to let him receive the pass. That's utterly CRAP. It never happens in human vs human matches. Against CPU, ALL the teams do the same to you, in the exact same way, and the CPU moving your players out of position at will. That's pathetic! You can try to put man marking to your defenders, play with just 3 CB and 2 DM, but at the end it doesn't matter, a midfielder controls the ball and does a perfect 40 pass to a striker and 5 or 6 meters away there's all your 4 defenders marking nobody and just watching him. And, HOW CURIOUS, then the CPU player can OUTRUN you, and he's running with the BALL. Perfect.

Now to the monkey MASTERKABAL: you haven't understood a thing, obviously. I've won all the possible trophies in my 3 ML seasons and tend to loose only 1 or 2 matches in a season. I never load again when I loose. I play it straight. So I'm not moaning about the results or not winning and so... I'm moaning about the game experience, that gets just plain boring because of all this. The game is NOT getting better at this point, they have done nothing to AI, added almost nothing to the ML structure and options. And of course they spend a lot of time BALANCING this cheats in single player. This is BASICALLY what they do when they say they are "tweaking" single player. If not, how the hell do you thing that they balance the game in different difficulty modes or different time periods??? If you were a bit of programmers like myself you would understand all this easier, of course.

Cheers.

I think you got it spot on when you say it's not a cheating routine but a program aimed at balancing the single player experience. while this upsets some peeps cos they can't win every game in a season or give a few stupid goals away i prefer this approach just to mix it up a little and stop it becomimg boring from winning all the games and the same tactics working from one game to another.For instance you would say England would beat N.Ireland every time on paper and also that should be the case in the game also, but there has to be the possibility that the tables can be turned once in while, and while i ain't no programmer it may take some massive super comp needed to give real learning and developing AI to give us the real deal, maybe the PS2 just isn't up to the job..

drekkard said:

This thing happens to me in the ML, especially when the CPU decides
to turn it on.
My defenders start running away from the ball and give the CPU
all the time in the world.

To jiwa:
yes, taking a break does help. I play 3-4 games a day, so I would'nt
say I'm stressed out.
So mental fatigue is not the issue.

The ML is definitely a "turbo" mode of WE9.
It's not too difficult to program stuff like this.
I agree with drekkard, it is there to balance the single-player
experience...to add some kind of "bad-luck" or errors in our game.
One thing it does for me is it makes me want to beat the CPU
even more.

drekkard said:
Oh, sorry, lapsus here :roll: , of course I was refering to :r1: + :r2: , either in diagonal runs or also in straight runs double clicking the direction.

he he. I also like a lot to outrun opponents by waiting them and in the last moment change the pace and beat them, but as I stated before, you're even caught sometimes by a stam-like defender that turns around itself faster than you run. Incredible.

Do you think that a guy who is nearly 2m high needs minutes to turn around? Come on...

Mainz05 said:
Do you think that a guy who is nearly 2m high needs minutes to turn around? Come on...

Weight and agility determine the time it takes for someone to turn around. In the case of Stam, it's obvious it should take more time to turn around than, for example, Wright-Philips.

The thing is in single player you see a lot of CPU defenders turning around in no-time and also a lot of times they accelerate and deaccelerate in a single step, while your running player takes about a second to stop.

Have you ever player real football? All these things are easy to understand if you ever played in real life.

The game has built in "cheat" not the right word but it's what you say all the time when you play the game normally with a f*$+*"g in front. It's there as said earlier to try to make the game harder for all those who keep harping on about winning every game 8-0 with your pants down and going all season without conceding a goal with one hand and one eye behind your back. Konami need to look deep and hard at the game instead of bringing out tweak after tweak. The ML is a joke, they have got like EA, they have a cash cow and are gonna run with it. A tweak here a new hairstyle there but no major changes. But hey it's the best game on the market and until someone come close and starts pushing like they have against FIFA abd EA it's gonna stay this way so if you don't like it then go on some forum and moan your ass off.. oh' wait.......

*listens intently*

The penny, he drop, no? :applause:

If we're talking stat wise and I have thought about this, I think the way the stats work, and this could be wrong... is that the dribble speed is a percentage of the players total running speed, admittedly total conjecture.

Please explain why Konami would insert a cheat loop into the game?

I'm a bit past lessons matey and I still play the beautiful game, so you telling me that with the ball you can out run a slower defender on the pitch? You don't have to look up to see where people are and you don't have to look down to control the thing, Forrest?

you are totally right, the dribble speed is just a % of the speed, and having the ball decreases your speed , so it's normal to have some defenders catch with fast players like henry, eto'o

alawadhi3000 said:
you are totally right, the dribble speed is just a % of the speed, and having the ball decreases your speed , so it's normal to have some defenders catch with fast players like henry, eto'o

Kudos to Alawadhi. :cool:

For those who slag off the ML experience, well you are entitled to that opinion, personally I think it's one of those dimensions that keeps me going back for more, esp when you don't have a team of Schevchenkos, etc. Kitting out a team with supersatrs, although fun, doesn't make the challenge any better. One of the reasons I'm going to buy PES5

As for the tweeks comment above - would you rather them ruin a superb model for footy?

Dar - btw big Dunc, although a violent twunt and owns the sorta house you wouldn't want to break in, is now super Dunc and getting better.

The com DOES cheat and I ghave proof, I can't upload video though as this is a work PC.

If someone is willing to send me a memory card I will happily upload the save I have and post it back to them first class.

It show one of my players being slowed down by the com so the com controlled player can overtake me and get the ball.

The com player starts a good 6 foot behind me. No exaggeration.

I don't mind being beat by the com when they use skill It's not a balanced playing field that's what's frustrating.

I actually like being beat by the com on the rare occasion they do it without enhanced skills.

I hope in the next one the com scores more as I have just completed a season in ML where I conceeded 10 goals in the league. We need more goals scored against us with skill not cheats!!!

^ I think what's probably needed is more strategic savvy from the CPU team, playing deliberate tactics to counter players, man marking, change of formation (not just when they're 3-0 down), and such like. Rather than 'cheating'.

I'm not going to pick apart your comments, well, not today ;)

^ I think what's probably needed is more strategic savvy from the CPU team, playing deliberate tactics to counter players, man marking, change of formation (not just when they're 3-0 down), and such like. Rather than 'cheating'.

I agree, if you could see this save I have it would end all speculation over whether the com cheats or not.

They should just pass it around a bit better and score more goals. basicaly as I mentioned before it should be an even playing field. Like when you play against a mate.

There are balancing techniques used in the ML, I accept that. Personally I have no problem with that. I would rather have the CPU stack the odds against me than make it too easy - it would be boring if it was easy, right?

In my eyes it is not outright 'cheating'. The CPU does not do something like affect the ball in mid-air, activate the side thrusters and bend your shot wide of the post ;). The CPU does not go "oh he's about to score and I don't want him to, I'll take over and 100% make him miss". It's stat modifiers combined with chance.

Lots of factors affect the players on both teams. Fatigue, stamina, mentality, home advantage, to name a few. In a situation where you're winning a certain game, perhaps your players get bumped down and the CPU players get a little bump up. Your team is tiring and nervous, the CPU team is extra determined to try and claw a result out of this important game in front of their home crowd. Perhaps the roll of the dice is tipped a little against your favour. All of this might cause your striker to be less likely to make a clean connection with that chance in front of goal.

How else could they represent player mentality in the game?

Deal with it. Win the ball back, attack again. Defend solidly, counter the CPU with tactics. It's clearly possible because some people (not me) go all season unbeaten. In the same way that teams and players have bad games in real life, think of it as that. I didn't hear Milan complaining to FIFA about Liverpool cheating in Istanbul, or Sheva throwing his control pad down when Dudek cheated the ball over the crossbar ;)

On top of the stat modifiers there's just pure randomness. A player with a certain passing stat will not play the same pass with the EXACT same trajectory every time. Same with shooting and anything else. How robotic, unrealistic and boring would that be if they did?

Okay, if I'm Eto'o running in full flow with the ball, fine, Helguera wouldn't catch me in real life. But this is a game and it would be too easy, too boring if I could just pick a fast player and run past everyone, and if I got so good at the game that I could repeat the same motions to score the same goal every time. Football doesn't work that way and PES would not be the best football simulation if it didn't realise that.

Personally I love the ML, I've never even once become frustrated due to so-called 'cheating' by the CPU, not for even a split second, in the four years or whatever it is that I've been playing the series. If the CPU is handicapping me sometimes, fine, bring it on :)

I play 6* with a maximum wage of 450 and I still win everything in sight, I'd like the game to be harder but in a fair way.

How can the com slow down your player so the com player can run past and pick up the ball???????????

And I have a replay showing this, you must have seen it when your players just refuse to run and they sort of crab shuffle forward until the com is sure that it will get the ball!!!!

That's unfair and basically cheating.

I say again that the com needs to score more goals, I've seen about two free kicks go in against me in the entire time PES4 has been out.

I'd rather they bumped up the passing and shooting stats rather than make them super human as it's just stupid.

nerf said:
There are balancing techniques used in the ML, I accept that. Personally I have no problem with that. I would rather have the CPU stack the odds against me than make it too easy - it would be boring if it was easy, right?

In my eyes it is not outright 'cheating'. The CPU does not do something like affect the ball in mid-air, activate the side thrusters and bend your shot wide of the post ;). The CPU does not go "oh he's about to score and I don't want him to, I'll take over and 100% make him miss". It's stat modifiers combined with chance.

Lots of factors affect the players on both teams. Fatigue, stamina, mentality, home advantage, to name a few. In a situation where you're winning a certain game, perhaps your players get bumped down and the CPU players get a little bump up. Your team is tiring and nervous, the CPU team is extra determined to try and claw a result out of this important game in front of their home crowd. Perhaps the roll of the dice is tipped a little against your favour. All of this might cause your striker to be less likely to make a clean connection with that chance in front of goal.

How else could they represent player mentality in the game?

Deal with it. Win the ball back, attack again. Defend solidly, counter the CPU with tactics. It's clearly possible because some people (not me) go all season unbeaten. In the same way that teams and players have bad games in real life, think of it as that. I didn't hear Milan complaining to FIFA about Liverpool cheating in Istanbul, or Sheva throwing his control pad down when Dudek cheated the ball over the crossbar ;)

On top of the stat modifiers there's just pure randomness. A player with a certain passing stat will not play the same pass with the EXACT same trajectory every time. Same with shooting and anything else. How robotic, unrealistic and boring would that be if they did?

Okay, if I'm Eto'o running in full flow with the ball, fine, Helguera wouldn't catch me in real life. But this is a game and it would be too easy, too boring if I could just pick a fast player and run past everyone, and if I got so good at the game that I could repeat the same motions to score the same goal every time. Football doesn't work that way and PES would not be the best football simulation if it didn't realise that.

Personally I love the ML, I've never even once become frustrated due to so-called 'cheating' by the CPU, not for even a split second, in the four years or whatever it is that I've been playing the series. If the CPU is handicapping me sometimes, fine, bring it on :)

Makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom