Not worth to buy pes5 because of ML

Hi all. What I wanted to say is that they make a beautiful game and spoil it with cheats. Don't get it wrong, I truly master the game. I do very very different types of play, I tend to score a lot with very intricate passing through the midfield and like to use a lot the triangle horizontally in the midfield just to open spaces for the second line or using L1+triangle to start quick counters, or just pass it to the wings and cross it. I also do a lot of managing in the game, having my best strategies ready in the L2 button and so.

That said, I would like to make clear that when I moan against cheating is ONLY because I see konami adding little to none AI to the players thus making single player experience boring. In every installment in the series they just only add some more number juicing favourishing the CPU and that's all. I think they got a little lazy and someone has to stand and point it. To those saying it's because of the hardware, let's see what they do with the cell processors.

It's not a debate about difficulty. Difficulty is a very different thing. The game is rather EASY and FUSTRATING while it should be HARD and ENJOYABLE. To all those saying I must try different things, have it very clear : the problem of wasting chances it's not obviously a problem of playmaking, it's only that the CPU decides which ball goes in and which isn't. The ball that the CPU decides it's in will go in; the others will go (by calculating under some parameters) inches wide or to the post. So when you are in the area alone and shoot 5 meters away from the net and miss by inches, as a player I have done nothing wrong (mainly because the game really can't give you that level of finesse) it's simply that the CPU doesn't allow you to score too much and sends your shot wide enough. Call that what you want, I call it a cheat, because it's the CPU deliberately deciding I can't score so much. The same happens with some running, some pushing and some deflections during the games. I know they can't get rid of it completely, but they can do it far better than now and as someone stated before (thx a lot!) PES1 was more HARDER and had not these cheats, so it's possible.

I would allow the game to do it if there was something else going on in the "mind" of the cpu players, but it shouldn't be the only way the cpu had to play, and it annoys me that they put a lot of hours into implementing these cheats and balancing while they could be implementing better movements or ways to learn to the cpu players in order they took better decisions.

Sudden strike12 said:
Obviously you're gonna be beaten to the ball if you are trying to sprint using L1 and L2 ;)

Oh, sorry, lapsus here :roll: , of course I was refering to :r1: + :r2: , either in diagonal runs or also in straight runs double clicking the direction.

he he. I also like a lot to outrun opponents by waiting them and in the last moment change the pace and beat them, but as I stated before, you're even caught sometimes by a stam-like defender that turns around itself faster than you run. Incredible.

Sabac Red said:
I'm still buying the game, yuck fou!

Nice point of view, but I don't know how to yuck fyself. How can one yuck fimself regularly? You seem to have some knowledge about it.

Anyone wich already has the PES5 final version can please let me know if the crowd bug is gone or if we still have to play with empty stadiums?

dnavajoc said:
Anyone wich already has the PES5 final version can please let me know if the crowd bug is gone or if we still have to play with empty stadiums?
Yawn, i'm sure you people prefer the game to suffer slowdown, yes?

What the creator of thid thread describes, I like to call it "Evil Mode". Its when the AI makes pretty obvious, that not only you shouldnt win, but it doesnt want you to, so makes all the dirty things possible in order to accomplish it. Doesnt matter how many stars you play, if the AI doesnt want you to win, you wont. I wouldnt go as far as to call it cheating, just that the AI uses all the dirty tricks we cant cause our fingers cant move fast enough... :P

Just deal with it mate. You can always reload and play again. ;)

I think he means R1 + R2, yeah ive still noticed the Stupid Slow defender catching very fast attacker!!! What the hell is that all about? also seen the great wall of China the CPU Defence puts up at times!! again whats that all about??

DJ

well im only on 4* at the mo, coz i wanted to test this "cheating theory", i have come up with this....

i have won every game this season, and im on my last game, i havent trailed in any games. i think its just the style you play.

"edit" i do think the slow defender thing is damn annoying. but if you play on 6* that dosent seem to happen.

JimJoeC said:
The com does cheat, i've been running towards a ball and suddenly slowed to jogging pace whilst the cpu runs past me and picks the ball up, also when you go up for a header and your player freezes in place while the com jogs off and picks the ball up (you must have seen this PLF) you just have to laugh at it and get on with it.

What the creator of this topic is doing (IMO) is not playing football properly.

You have to vary your attacks, sometimes build them slowly and other times hit them on the break. Running all the time is a common mistake, you also have to time your shots to coincide with the players natural stride. It all makes a difference this game is so subtle it's genius.

Attack down the centre, attack from the wing.

Put some crosses in and cut in sometimes. The way to beat this game is all about variation.

I'll be getting PES 5 as I play it single and multi, multi is far and away the best experience.

Even then home advantage seems to count sometimes which is a little crap.

Yeah I agree, there's some cheating going on.But I think its all good just to balnce the game out a bit. It doesnt really annoy me too much. As I can overcome it. I wouldn't want to be winning all the time, or walking thru a mtach 10-0. I'd fall asleep and PES would end up in the garbage bin.

I think you 2nd and 3rd ints are really the ones most poeple don't understand and are the KEY to enjoying and getting the most of the game. There are so many sublteties that many fail to realize or spot caused the play one style, (e.g running/dribbling game) and one style only.

Cheers to you mate.

well i agree totally with the tread's name... Konami Master League's developers seem to be farting with their brains and thinking with their ...... ; anyways if their work is to make fifa look like a better game, then they are sure doing their job so well that konami must give them medals... anyway.. the guy that came up with the fabulus idea of making the computer cheat must have an iq lower than 1.. and must have never ever touched a ps2 controller to actually play the game and watch if his fabulous idea works or not.. Anyway... If they say that the computer cheats to make the game more insteresting then i would say that i dont see how can "turning off ur ps2" make the game more interesting... cuzz that's what most people do when they get so annoyed because of the cheating after having played only 2-4 games.. What they could do is to put an optiong to allow cheating... so people who get bored by winning 9-0 all games, can get bored by getting cheated.. And they could also include leves of cheating...they would go something like this: casual cheating, high cheating and are u ready to get cheated? and so with the last one u could even start with 0 ML points (when u should start with 10,000) ;)
Well for all those who said that there is no cheating, then I will say this:
the computer cheats to balance the game, so if u dont play that good, the computer wont cheat much from u...
so now u know the reason ;)...and btw.. I have experimented being cheated from 1 to 30 minutes continuosly... (u know, when u have to take the ball from them like 5 times to actually be able to give a pass that is so wrong that they get the ball again..?(players standing, falling, etc))

So that's it... If u already expended money on WE9, dont expend money on PES5..(unless u play with ur mates a lot..) the're both crap and u can use that money more wisely.. i.e. burning the money just for fun... (its funner than playing the game u know?)

This game's Master League is a pice of .....!!!! It annoyyyysssssss meeeee so much I want to break the f"#"!n' controller and TV... w/E.... My guess is that nobody can be THAT stupid and that they made a deal with sony...saying they'll make the most annoying game ever so everyone that plays it will break his controller and/or ps2 and/or [sony] TV... .. u see where this leads wright?

Last edited by a moderator:
drekkard said:
Nice point of view, but I don't know how to yuck fyself. How can one yuck fimself regularly? You seem to have some knowledge about it.

Don't make fun of him, all the more since you tell crap. Indeed, this game will be better than previous PES anyway and I will buy it since I don't a fuck of the ML and never plays it.

i am getting it because i play ML with my brother so it kinds of balances out the cheating (which i get used to anyway),

things like defender catching up with henry with the ball, i knwow he is fast but contorlling the ball ALWAYs slows a person down so it aint that badd,

the only single single player i will play is on exibition anyway (will play with my bro all time in ML, and have fun games with mates when they come over)

i guess im luicky to have a brother who is good at it and loves it as much as me, i do feel sorry fro the single players cause even with pes4 inn exibition i got soo frustrated with some of the cheating, still didn;t stop me playing it but i cant imagine what it would be like playing one player ML!!!

cant wait for it though!!!

grechzoo said:
i am getting it because i play ML with my brother so it kinds of balances out the cheating (which i get used to anyway),

things like defender catching up with henry with the ball, i knwow he is fast but contorlling the ball ALWAYs slows a person down so it aint that badd,

the only single single player i will play is on exibition anyway (will play with my bro all time in ML, and have fun games with mates when they come over)

i guess im luicky to have a brother who is good at it and loves it as much as me, i do feel sorry fro the single players cause even with pes4 inn exibition i got soo frustrated with some of the cheating, still didn;t stop me playing it but i cant imagine what it would be like playing one player ML!!!

cant wait for it though!!!

I play one player ML and it's fun for me.

Alrite? Iused 2 be a member few yrs but forgot my login stuff n start usin pesfan. ANyway I understand his point bout players pace, but i play ml on 6* its neva bothered me, i only lose 2-3 a season at da most n last season i went unbeaten, treble, finished wiv 86pts in league d n drew few cup games. In real football sumtimes a team dominates a game a loses, look at Newcastle v Fulham last season. N in real football u miss sitters look at Kanu, this why we play pes coz it closest 2 real football. If da comp didnt cheat most of us wud win every game on 6*. Plus we all know every pes has a leanin curve the first few days we h8 it coz we playin like we did the last 1, n from what i read pes 5 is hard n has the longest learnin curve. So u cant say dont buy it after 1 day of playin it.
I agree with Stringer Bell

mikegeorgiou said:
Alrite? Iused 2 be a member few yrs but forgot my login stuff n start usin pesfan.

And look whats its done to your grasp on the English language. :shock:

Look and learn people, look and learn!

i agree with both of you, i still prob will not play ML on one cause whats the points when my bro is here but i will play exibitions A LOT when my bro is playing his online game (which he is dangerously addicted to {city of heroes})

the fact is after playing 15min games (30mins, one half) on the demo i have loved it, and am more excited than ever to get the game, theres alway people saying it is crap especially when they haven;t played it for more than a week.

the fcat that you have to take a week or more to totally relean the game should allow you to give konami some credit, when you say they didn;t improve it at all, its stupid, if you want to see nonimprovement look at every EA sports game on the market today and that will make you appreciate pes

Dar said:
And look whats its done to your grasp on the English language. :shock:

Look and learn people, look and learn!

:lol: point taken, but i thought this forum was about PES not about how someones types thier posts :roll: but ill try harder to treat it like im doing a english lit exam, if that make you happy Dar. 8)

when you fail to score from 5 meters from the goal line, just RUN with the ball into the goal, then the cpu CAN´T cheat!

ede444 said:
when you fail to score from 5 meters from the goal line, just RUN with the ball into the goal, then the cpu CAN´T cheat!
Trust me it can... The Cpu will make ur forward slip with the ball or leave the ball behind.. That has never happened to me, but Many times I was going 1-1 with the keeper and my player slipped and so the defenders catched up..
But anyway.. its true that sometimes the forwards just miss incredible oportunities.. And I tend to think that it was my fault for missing such oportunities so i dont blame it on the cheating but there are sometimes that u have an empty net and u kick the ball to the center and the player just miss it, and that usually happens when the cpu has been cheatting a lot from u... so it kinda frustrastes me.. but i must say that the game its relatively good if u play a lot with ur mates.. and i say relatively because I have noticed that the cpu tends to favor 1 player.. and sometimes it just gets as bad as playing ML..

drekkard said:
Hi all. What I wanted to say is that they make a beautiful game and spoil it with cheats......

I agree with him in everything he said.... whats the use of having the best gameplay by far if u r not gonna enjoy it because of a "feature".. I think its just dumb...
And btw dont think I dont master the game or anything.. because I play in 6* and I lose 1 game at most in ML and for example this ML.. I havent lost nor even draw.. and Im missing like 8 League games to finish the league and I have scored like 85 (not sure) goals and they have only scored 6 goals to me... which btw from 4-5 came out of cheating..

One of the most irritating "features" after having completed my 2nd season in 6* is when an opponent midfielder has the ball having crossed the halfline and automatically puts a through ball and 50% of the times, the defender that was marking the striker just goes aways (not inches or centimeters away, but 4 or 5 meters away) of the striker, just to let him receive and run to goal. It's kinda disappointing cause as a player I can do nothing. It doesn't matter if you put man marking or not. Somehow, the cpu always draws a throughball and most of the times you rest stoned at seeing your defender running in the wrong direction. Then you must select another defender to cover the gap, if possible. The cpu then turns into a noob and fails miserably against my keeper 90% of the times. Boring.

Another special feature are sidebacks, that (I swear I tried all types of marking and positioning) tend to go away of position in a worse manner that in pes4. They just have the need to run upwards just when a pass is made to the man he was marking. There's still that stupid flaw of the game that you are folloeing a winger with your sideback. The winger passes the ball back. You change player to try to do something and in this exact moment, the sideback you had controlled until now will stop running, and sometimes run away, leaving his opponent completely unmarked. If you want something in the game to happen I has to be done by you, cause your teammates doesn't know even how to breath.

Blocking is another impressive thing. Cpu has 5 or 6 players inside the own area for the major part of the time. But they act a goalkeepers, if needed, blocking ANY shoot in ANY way. I still have to see the day a defender of mine redempts himself by blocking something dangerous. Most of the time I feel I'm actually playing good old arkanoid upfront, tekken in the midfield and nothing in the rear.

mikegeorgiou said:
:lol: point taken, but i thought this forum was about PES not about how someones types thier posts :roll: but ill try harder to treat it like im doing a english lit exam, if that make you happy Dar. 8)

No need to post like it's a text message, it's just annoying to read, especially for people that aren't native English speakers. The keyboard is there to be used. ;)

Anyway apologies for interrupting, back on topic now.

i find 5* to be better than 6* difficulty wise cause on 6* they are too agressive and with a slightly pacey eam you could get about five easy goals chances (on pes4 experience anyway)

is this also the case with pes5? i play the dmeo on 38 (saving the enjoyment of 5* till i get it for xbox) and while they hardly ever score they are hard to break down.

drekkard said:
One of the most irritating "features" after having completed my 2nd season in 6* is when an opponent midfielder has the ball having crossed the halfline and automatically puts a through ball and 50% of the times, the defender that was marking the striker just goes aways (not inches or centimeters away, but 4 or 5 meters away) of the striker, just to let him receive and run to goal. It's kinda disappointing cause as a player I can do nothing. It doesn't matter if you put man marking or not. Somehow, the cpu always draws a throughball and most of the times you rest stoned at seeing your defender running in the wrong direction. Then you must select another defender to cover the gap, if possible. The cpu then turns into a noob and fails miserably against my keeper 90% of the times. Boring.

That happened a lot to me while playing with 4 defenders. Now I use only 3 and with 2 DMFs and practically solved the problem.

drekkard said:
Another special feature are sidebacks, that (I swear I tried all types of marking and positioning) tend to go away of position in a worse manner that in pes4. They just have the need to run upwards just when a pass is made to the man he was marking. There's still that stupid flaw of the game that you are folloeing a winger with your sideback. The winger passes the ball back. You change player to try to do something and in this exact moment, the sideback you had controlled until now will stop running, and sometimes run away, leaving his opponent completely unmarked. If you want something in the game to happen I has to be done by you, cause your teammates doesn't know even how to breath.

Well, the game is pretty predictable after a while, you should find a way to counter that. Dont go over the wing, just mark him from a distance, cutting his chances to pass... Force him to dribble past you, if you have a good SB, most of the time, you'll find yourself clearing the ball.

drekkard said:
Blocking is another impressive thing. Cpu has 5 or 6 players inside the own area for the major part of the time. But they act a goalkeepers, if needed, blocking ANY shoot in ANY way. I still have to see the day a defender of mine redempts himself by blocking something dangerous. Most of the time I feel I'm actually playing good old arkanoid upfront, tekken in the midfield and nothing in the rear.

Thats true. Sometimes is close to impossible to score when that happens. Open the ball to the sides, try to get to the bottom line and center the ball with a low pass, or if you need to, go back all the way to the midfield and star over. If you have the ball, the goal will come, one way or the other.

Hope this helps mate.

PLF said:
lol oh dear god this debate of cheating again.

the game does NOT cheat! I've never seen it but some people want to believe otherwise so go ahead i guess we just have different views.

im with u on this one. 8)

drekkard said:

Totally agree with drekkard....the ML can get frustrating at times.
The scripting is a joke. One game you have total control, the next
game you can barely string few passes. Nothing to do with fatigue
as I never play with tired players.
The CPU's style of attacking and defending is pretty crappy...all
they do is 40-yard thru-balls, 180 degree turns on the wings, etc.
and keep 6 players in their penalty box to block shots.

mathewsss said:
Totally agree with drekkard....the ML can get frustrating at times.
The scripting is a joke. One game you have total control, the next
game you can barely string few passes. Nothing to do with fatigue
as I never play with tired players.
The CPU's style of attacking and defending is pretty crappy...all
they do is 40-yard thru-balls, 180 degree turns on the wings, etc.
and keep 6 players in their penalty box to block shots.

Mental Fatigue (on our part). I feel taking a few days or hours break usualy freshes up our play.

As for the CPU's paly, agree with what you said, but then it makes CPU even more easy to counter doesnt it? Since htey're so predictable, dont stick too close and over commit to the wingers. Have better adjustment on your CB's, and draw the CPU defence out by palying with more width.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom