Nostalgic moments; what's the best PES / WE ever?

I have said it before but in my opinion the greatest WE/PES ever was Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution with the Team Reefur 2005-2006 patch. Second is PES 5 and third is PES 3.

have to ask whats the deal with PES 4? its the forgotten PES i cant rem anything about it i own a copy somewhere im sure of it maybe its because it was released between two good versions pes 3 and 5 its been forgotten

I seem to remember PES4 was a little too fast. It also had a shocking edit mode (no striped shirts!:FAIL:).

Then again I've not played it since PES5 was released, but I always remember PES 3 & 5 being the better games.

I seem to remember PES4 was a little too fast. It also had a shocking edit mode (no striped shirts!:FAIL:).

Yeh it was. Strangely it lead to you getting outpaced by any player if you happened to be running with the ball.

Atleast that's how i remember it.

Of PES4 I will always remember the keepers standing still and letting angled shots go in without any reaction :D
I suppose it was meant to introduce a real event into the game (it's not realistic to always dive, and often they know the shot is going wide, so they don't move), but it was a big deal of frustration among the players, back then.

If there was a vote on this WE9/PES5 would be the champ !!

It's funny how people complain about the refs and fouls in that game, but look what you have since then, games practicality void of physicality and fouls, turning into back and forth affairs with an over-abundance of chances on goal.

WE9/PES5 had better defence. Plain and simple.

You can also choose the refs in that game too.

I've been updating a North American WE9 file off and on for years now. :))

I'm hammering out World Cup teams right now, and also have a bunch of top club teams up to date, with info from pesstatsdatabase.

I still think PES6 was the best.

Don't get me wrong - PES5 was amazing, especially the shooting system.

But PES6 had everything, including the most accurate representation of how pace is used in real football.

I have some words of wisdom for some of you young members up in here:

Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution - PS2

International Superstar Soccer 2000 - N64

ISS Pro Evolution - PSX

ISS Deluxe - Genesis/SNES

If you do not recognize...

Oh, and I feel sad for the people who grew up with the ps3/xbox360 PES versions as those have done nothing to deserve being mentioned in the same sentence with the above.

Here, immerse yourself in the classic Konami football:
http://home.alphalink.com.au/~warrior/ISShist.htm

Last edited:
For me, it's:

1. PES 5 / WE 9
2. PES 6
3. WE7I
4. PES4
5. ISS Pro Evolution

Of the next-gen ones, PES2010 is easily the best, but nowhere near as good as 3-6

I was 16 year old, there was the world cup in France, me and my friends watched world cup matches and played ISS PRO on PS1. It was already 1 year old and we waited all the summer for the new ISS PRO to be in the stores but it only arrived around late october. That' s the best PES I ever played, the first one which started all.
TN_Iss_Pro_pal-front.JPG

Sieke was Klinsmann, Coliuto was Ravanelli...it seems a century ago.

Back
Top Bottom