Next Gen Consoles

Not really a surprise but really does suck for everyone unlucky enough to get a broken console, Sony should do some serious grovelling such as free games (proper ones not some indy PSN+ shit).

A report from Geek.com says that Sony is now telling customers that replacement PS4 units will not be available for shipping until February."

Interesting. As of yesterday I know people weren't having trouble having return boxes sent out to them.

And that really sucks 'cause there's a possibility I might return mine. I'm able to play it fine but the fan is really loud. There's plenty of video floating around of loud ps4's if you're interested. It sucks because a lot of people are saying they never, or at least very rarely, hear theirs.

Over the last couple of days it hasn't been an issue for me because the fan doesn't run much at all when playing FIFA, and that's all I've been playing. But when I first played Killzone last Friday, it was like a quieter hair dryer running.

Interesting. As of yesterday I know people weren't having trouble having return boxes sent out to them.

And that really sucks 'cause there's a possibility I might return mine. I'm able to play it fine but the fan is really loud. There's plenty of video floating around of loud ps4's if you're interested. It sucks because a lot of people are saying they never, or at least very rarely, hear theirs.

Over the last couple of days it hasn't been an issue for me because the fan doesn't run much at all when playing FIFA, and that's all I've been playing. But when I first played Killzone last Friday, it was like a quieter hair dryer running.

When you first played Killzone, had the game fully installed onto the HDD first? I'm thinking if you were playing whilst it was installing then maybe that could be a reason why it was so loud. My 360 sounds like a jet engine when installing discs.

When you first played Killzone, had the game fully installed onto the HDD first? I'm thinking if you were playing whilst it was installing then maybe that could be a reason why it was so loud. My 360 sounds like a jet engine when installing discs.

That's also what I'm thinking but I think it was running loud even after install. I'm not the only one saying it runs loud when playing Killzone, even after install.

The problem is figuring out what's normal because there's people saying their's runs "whisper" quiet at all times.

I'm going to play some today and double-check. I've been meaning to do that but each time I end up getting sucked into FIFA.

tieng-anh-giao-tiep-thanh-ngu-tieng-anh-6.jpg

If say Sony made 2m PS4s why not keep a few back in case some do break?
Its all about figures though. Last week they couldnt wait to say - we sold 1m units - but how many need to be returned?
I wouldnt be happy laying out £349+ to be told I wont get a working one 3 month after I bought it.

Info on headsets (current and future):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-will-my-expensive-headset-work-on-ps4-xbox-one

Seems I'll have to wait on an adapter for my Turtle Beach X41's early next year. Drat.

Adaptor's out now.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

PlayStation® 4 Chat Cable
Share:
The Turtle Beach Ear Force PS4™ Chat Cable keeps you connected with friends and teammates on PSN by providing the link between your PS4 Controller and Turtle Beach gaming headset.

The PS4 Chat Cable is specifically designed for Turtle Beach headsets. Most other available 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables WILL NOT WORK with Turtle Beach headsets.

Ear Force® Surround Sound Headset Compatibility:

PX5
XP500
XP400
X42
X41
DX12
DX11
DPX21
DXL1
Call of Duty® Black Ops II TANGO
Call of Duty® Black Ops II X-RAY
Call of Duty® MW3 Delta

Ear Force® Stereo Headset Compatibility*:

X12
X11
XL1
X32
X31
XP300

- See more at: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464#sthash.enq2DQuy.dpuf

$6.95

If say Sony made 2m PS4s why not keep a few back in case some do break?
Its all about figures though. Last week they couldnt wait to say - we sold 1m units - but how many need to be returned?
I wouldnt be happy laying out £349+ to be told I wont get a working one 3 month after I bought it.

Meh, if their console doesn't work then I'd recommend returning it for a refund and buy another. Easy to do here in the states. Yesterday I was out and about and there's plenty of PS4 consoles sitting on shelves.

Meh, if their console doesn't work then I'd recommend returning it for a refund and buy another. Easy to do here in the states. Yesterday I was out and about and there's plenty of PS4 consoles sitting on shelves.

Easy, yeah right. Where? I've asked around and everywhere is sold out where I'm at, and they say they have no idea when more are going to arrive, that it could be a week, or around christmas for all they know.

Last edited:

I just mucked around in Killzone for about an hour and it's definitely still pretty loud, even though the game is fully installed. When I play FIFA, it's never even close to this loud.

I don't want to make this sound worse than it is. Everything still works fine, the console is not hot even. And it's not as if it totallyruins the experience (as long as you have the audio running at a decent level).

But when you've paid so much, and when others report it's "whisper" quiet, it's disappointing to say the least.

Easy, yeah right. Where? I've asked around and everywhere is sold out where I'm at, and they say they have no idea when more are going to arrive, that it could be a week, or around christmas for all they know.

I live Portland, OR. Was at Target, Costco & Fred Myers yesterday and saw numerous SKUs in each store. Why bother searching if you have a good console, anyway?

Last edited:
It seems that the only way to turn the PS4 Camera’s microphone off is to physically unplug the device – there’s no option to stop your voice being broadcast in-game if the camera is plugged in unless you turn on a headset and mute that, or join a party chat with no other players.

This is according to a poster on NeoGAF, who states “I was playing FIFA yesterday and after a few games I noticed the little speaker icon glowing during my matches, indicating that I was chatting online with the other player.”

“Well turns out the PS4 camera automatically broadcasts in game chat with no way to mute or turn this feature off. Yes, I even checked with Sony and the representative confirmed that there was no way to turn it off, short of unplugging the camera.”

A few other users back it up within the thread, so it’s a real issue. It’s really just an oversight, but a bad one at that, which almost mimics Microsoft’s “always on” Kinect policies which they backtracked on earlier this year.

Hopefully there’s a patch to fix this before the UK launch on November 29th.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/11/19/ps4-camera-microphone-is-always-on-auto-broadcasts-game-chat/

I just mucked around in Killzone for about an hour and it's definitely still pretty loud, even though the game is fully installed. When I play FIFA, it's never even close to this loud.

I don't want to make this sound worse than it is. Everything still works fine, the console is not hot even. And it's not as if it totallyruins the experience (as long as you have the audio running at a decent level).

But when you've paid so much, and when others report it's "whisper" quiet, it's disappointing to say the least.

There are a few phone apps that measure sound using the microphone, obviously not going to be massively accurate but worth testing the difference between the two games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pjw.noisemeter&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.sira.sound&hl=en_GB

Back
Top Bottom