Next Gen Consoles

As for Win 8, I don't like it because it looks like it belongs on a phone, not a PC. I'll be sticking with Win 7 64bit thank you very much, Microsoft.

It looks like a tablet OS out-of-the-box, but it really doesn't take much to make Windows 8 look and run almost exactly like Windows 7. For instance, this is my desktop which my PC boots straight to on start-up, so I never see the Metro interface at all:

desktopblk_zps3e76e365.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic.

I'm a bit concerned about the pricing of games on these machines to be honest. We've gotten used to games becoming much cheaper due to the fact that the hardware is so old, I mean I picked up a new copy of Tomb Raider for around £25 not long after it came out. The new consoles will charge an arm and a leg for games.

If second-hand games will cost around £35 then what are new ones going to cost? I mean shops are still selling Wii-U games for £50 in the high street. If they're more than £40 then ill strongly consider a PC.

I'm a bit concerned about the pricing of games on these machines to be honest. We've gotten used to games becoming much cheaper due to the fact that the hardware is so old, I mean I picked up a new copy of Tomb Raider for around £25 not long after it came out. The new consoles will charge an arm and a leg for games.

If second-hand games will cost around £35 then what are new ones going to cost? I mean shops are still selling Wii-U games for £50 in the high street. If they're more than £40 then ill strongly consider a PC.

Aren't PS3/Xbox 360 games already more than £40? Damn rip off if you ask me.

Aren't PS3/Xbox 360 games already more than £40? Damn rip off if you ask me.
Only if you go and buy them on release day or go into a high street store like HMV, Game, Blockbuster etc.

For many games, if you shop around online then you can usually shave £10/15 off those prices, and for games without the need for an online pass then many preowned games from CeX can be picked up for about a tenner.

Or you can do what I tend to do and just stay a couple of years behind the releases and pick up games very cheaply - the only games I tend to buy on release are FIFA/PES, GTA and I'll probably do it for the next Battlefield.

I can see what you may be hinting at (PC games are cheaper) but please don't go there again. Sorry if I'm implying that wrongly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded. I'm actively thinking of selling my PC just to avoid any association with his posts.

And previous to that was a one way conversation how about pc's are better than any next gen console.... If you bothered to read.

And previous to that was a one way conversation how about pc's are better than any next gen console.... If you bothered to read.

And what about previous previous to that? Want to mention stuff that was talked about 10 years ago when the current consoles came out?

See I posted same nonsense as you. Fact Is we was discussing about os. Whatever wad discussed about pc gaming was further away in this thread and only a troll would bring it up.

Ok so we agree then. No more PC talk in here. It's next-gen consoles.

Yes please. That was my point.

Onwards to console talk only everyone!

So who's getting one of the consoles at launch?

I will get one of them at launch. I am leaning towards the Xbox for forza.

I hope gta comes out on the next gen consoles as I don't want to play it on the old ones

Xbox One: £599.99 place-holder price set at Amazon UK
Xbox One has been priced at a place-holder value of £599.99 at Amazon UK. The site is now accepting pre-orders, ahead of the official pricing reveal.

The retail listing went live this week, together with the hefty place-holder price-tag. Microsoft has yet to confirm the console’s RRP.

If they are both that price, I'm out.

Last edited:
If they put a lower than actual price as a placeholder, they would then have to honor that lower price. So they do it the other way around, they put a higher price now then charge for the actual price.

Xbox One has been priced at a place-holder value of £599.99 at Amazon UK. The site is now accepting pre-orders, ahead of the official pricing reveal.

The retail listing went live this week, together with the hefty place-holder price-tag. Microsoft has yet to confirm the console’s RRP.

H...How much?? Are MS actively trying to help Sony here, because that's what it seems like to me (the PS4 has been mooted as having a £300 tag here in the UK). As I said elsewhere, if I was considering one or the other, I wouldn't look twice at the Xbox One.

Then there's the games - they went up for PS3/360, so the same will happen this time round. As if console gamers didn't get ripped off enough...

I expect the retail games at launch to be £50 (slightly more if EA, Ubisoft and Activision continue to take the piss), I just hope the digital pricing is a lot better this time.

Why don't they just charge a deposit then, rather than a (not 'the') full price? Seems insane.

Shopto has ps4 for £399

If the PS4 is only 400 I'll probably get one. Anymore and I'll wait. Would expect it to be 499e tbh, 399 seems a bit low to me.

Back
Top Bottom