Newcastle United Thread

until the end of the season innit. don`t they all say that. Almost like saying I inherited this mess don`t blame me w/ 8 odd games left :CONF:

I think it's great. Fantastic drama :D

He's got unique status up in Newcastle, kind of like Jesus. Even if they go down his reputation is secure, so why not? Nothing to lose really.

Shearer confirmed as manager til the end of the season hahahahahahahahahahahaha

now the geordie idiots have got what they wanted, lets see if he really is the saviour they all think he will be.

Why are they idiot?s Because they support a team you don't? Yeah that makes sense :BLINK: What difference does it make to you if they wanted shearer and now have him?

Whats your take on it Rad? Seems like your the only toon here. I seriously dont see why Shearer has took the job. Just from his views on MOTD you can tell he has little managerial knowledge. Its been said time and time again great players dont make great managers.

I can't speak for all the Newcastle fans but myself, it's a bit of a moral booster. Sure the club might still go down but hey, at least our last 8 games had that little extra bit of spice to them.

I'm not really that bothered about going down either - I don't support the club because I think they're the best or because they won the last few league titles and cups or because my dad supported them and so did his dad and his dad before him. I support them because as a child they were the team I just happened to pick. I watch them to be entertained just like if I watch a film or play a game. If we go down well we've been there before, and it wasn't that long ago either so it's hardly going to be a big shock to the system.

Bringing Shearer in now seems like the right time to do something like this. It gives the fans a boost when they really need it and will hopefully give the players a boost as well. I don't know why he's decided to take the job now of all times when he could have come in months ago and been their real full time manager - he should have really been managing some low league team the last few years to get some ideas and skills under his belt. But if he screws up he gets to say 'well i only had 8 games' and no one will really hate him. If he saves the club he become more of a 'hero' to the Geordies so it's win win for him.

Newcastle fans always say things like 'We'd rather lose 5-4 than draw 0-0' and other fans scratch their heads thinking that they're all stupid for saying that - but their point is that they don't need trophies and medals to enjoy their club and keep supporting it. They pay their money to be entertained and have fun so losing 5-4 means they had 4 goals to cheer there. I think this is that same kind of mentality - if we lose our last 8 games and go down miserably, well at least everyone had Shearer there managing the team giving it his all.

It also means that if they go down and shearer leaves the job then the fans can finally stop asking for him and start a complete fresh with a new manager. In the past, as soon as any manager had a run of bad form everyone started mumbling shearer's name.

Last edited:
Could go either way, get instant results because of the moral boost.....and Newcastle's quality should push them over the line.

Lose the first few, which is quite possible, things look dire and Newcastles supposed sudden last chance to return to greatness might never happen.

I can't speak for all the Newcastle fans but myself, it's a bit of a moral booster. Sure the club might still go down but hey, at least our last 8 games had that little extra bit of spice to them.

I'm not really that bothered about going down either - I don't support the club because I think they're the best or because they won the last few league titles and cups or because my dad supported them and so did his dad and his dad before him. I support them because as a child they were the team I just happened to pick. I watch them to be entertained just like if I watch a film or play a game. If we go down well we've been there before, and it wasn't that long ago either so it's hardly going to be a big shock to the system.

Bringing Shearer in now seems like the right time to do something like this. It gives the fans a boost when they really need it and will hopefully give the players a boost as well. I don't know why he's decided to take the job now of all times when he could have come in months ago and been their real full time manager - he should have really been managing some low league team the last few years to get some ideas and skills under his belt. But if he screws up he gets to say 'well i only had 8 games' and no one will really hate him. If he saves the club he become more of a 'hero' to the Geordies so it's win win for him.

Newcastle fans always say things like 'We'd rather lose 5-4 than draw 0-0' and other fans scratch their heads thinking that they're all stupid for saying that - but their point is that they don't need trophies and medals to enjoy their club and keep supporting it. They pay their money to be entertained and have fun so losing 5-4 means they had 4 goals to cheer there. I think this is that same kind of mentality - if we lose our last 8 games and go down miserably, well at least everyone had Shearer there managing the team giving it his all.

It also means that if they go down and Shearer leaves the job then the fans can finally stop asking for him and start a complete fresh with a new manager. In the past, as soon as any manager had a run of bad form everyone started mumbling Shearer's name.

:APPLAUD: Exactly my feelings atm.

Why are they idiot?s Because they support a team you don't? Yeah that makes sense :BLINK: What difference does it make to you if they wanted shearer and now have him?

no you idiot, it's nothing to do with the team they support. It's the idiotic attitude they've had for the past few years whenver they've lost a few games you hear the same thing "we should get wor Shearaaar in, he'll take us to the top leek"

He's got absolutely no experience of running a team, or managing or coaching at any level. He's dragged his feet waiting for the Newcastle job to be offered to him rather than getting experience first like a normal professional would do. He's never even coached a reserve side or youth side, to go straight into a Premier League job is a joke.

That's why they're idiots. It'd be like Liverpool fans wanting Robbie Fowler to take over from Benitez if we had a few bad results.

Yes Shearer is a legend on Tyneside, but as a player. He may give a bit of a boost to the fans and media but that won't necessarily translate onto the pitch, especially with such a poor team.

Also, i've never heard any full-on football fan say "i'm not bothered" about their team being relegated, that's why i hate fans with no ties to their clubs, it just doesn't mean enough to you. I know i'd be devastated if my team were in Newcastle's position, because it actually means something to me, they're not just a team i picked.

So you hate me and think I'm an idiot because I don't think like you. What difference does it make to you if I don't have a 'real tie' to a club? How does that affect your life at all?

It doesn't - I'm not going to be gutted to go down because it's not the end of the world - life goes on. I don't play for the team, I have no financial stake in the club, if players leave or stay or die, I will lose nothing.

Maybe you shouldn't care so much what other people think and hate on them because they think differently to you because it makes you look like a fool.

Can you ever have a conversation without resorting to name calling?
I honestly don't know why you're still allowed to post here with that kind of attitude.

That's why they're idiots. It'd be like Liverpool fans wanting Robbie Fowler to take over from Benitez if we had a few bad results.

as opposed to losing 2 or 3 games and demanding rafas head then when you win 2 hes the greatest tactician on the planet only for him to lose to middlesbrough and you all hate him again :WHISTLE:

as opposed to losing 2 or 3 games and demanding rafas head then when you win 2 hes the greatest tactician on the planet only for him to lose to middlesbrough and you all hate him again :WHISTLE:

look back at my posts here and on any other forum. I've never once said anything bad about Benitez.

Can you ever have a conversation without resorting to name calling?
I honestly don't know why you're still allowed to post here with that kind of attitude.

ffs it's like a bunch of kids on here, no one can have a proper debate without someone moaning "you can't say negative things like that or you should be banned"

it's ridiculous. I simply stated my opinion about Newcastle and was promptly misunderstood (i.e. is it because someone likes a different club than you that you hate them? etc.) so i reiterated my side clearly and was still accused of something unrelated.

It's football, if you can't have a proper debate without misunderstanding someone on purpose and twisting what they've said then you shouldn't be talking about it.

You called him an idiot within your first sentence mate, I can see where they're coming from.

i called him an idiot because he'd completely twisted what i'd said to mean something different in an attempt to make me look stupid.

Therefore he is an idiot.

I can't believe any true football fan would say "i'm not bothered if my team gets relegated" that attitude infuriates me, i hate these day-trippers who don't care about the club they "support".

The fact that shearer has no experience is a fair point but Newcastle have had a string of highly skilled successful managers already and none of them got the job done that the fans wanted. I think a lot of the managers would be ranked above Kevin Keegan in peoples best manager lists yet none of them have done anywhere near what he managed. They want Shearer just like they want Keegan, they want someone who understands the fans and actually cares about the club first and foremost.

As for saying
ffs it's like a bunch of kids on here, no one can have a proper debate without someone moaning "you can't say negative things like that or you should be banned"

I guess you forgot typing this off your own back:

Shearer confirmed as manager til the end of the season hahahahahahahahahahahaha

now the geordie idiots have got what they wanted, lets see if he really is the saviour they all think he will be.

no one can have a proper debate without someone moaning

Firstly no one asked for your opinion so you really only came into this thread to wind people up and secondly try dictionary.com and look up the meaning of the word debate. I can assure you it doesn't involve calling people idiots and laughing at them, especially when there's no one on the other end of the conversation ASKING for your thoughts. Calling everyone else kids when your the one throwing around insults and laughing like some Hyena is pretty ironic.

I didn't have to do any twisting to make you look stupid at all.

Last edited:
Could be a good thing if you do get relegated as you can clear out all the dead weight. Man City did the same thing a few years ago.

Could be a good thing if you do get relegated as you can clear out all the dead weight. Man City did the same thing a few years ago.

Could have a point. I don't want to see Newcastle go down, I've always had a fondness for them for some reason, and I'd like Shearer to do welll. But you have some players which you could get rid off and start fresh with some quality youngsters and get back to becoming a good team again.

Only problem there being the likes of Owen, Martins and Jonas wouldnt like playing in the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom