Newcastle United Thread

To be honest, Owen should have been a stepping stone to greater things but he has just been a liability. You get a big name playre like that and it should attract other players but Newcastle never took it further.

Butt-cheeks firmly clenched tomorrow eh guys? I personally want Newcastle to stay up, I've followed them ever since I was a young lad and it will be a shame to see another top side slip into the Championship.

Best of luck tomorrow against Spurs.

P.S. Worst case scenario, you go down and absolutely destroy every team in the Championship next season; but take it easy on Forest, OK?

Should be a good game tomorrow. We do usually come away with a win at White Hart Lane but I'm not taking anything for granted. Come on Newcastle :D

How crap must Shearer be? I mean even the poorest of managers gets the 1st few games boost. Shame you lot are going down, means Liverpool become the next circus club with the Yanks.

Does he get a red card at anfield every season? Atleast when he's not jailbait....Thats the 2nd I remember and Im sure there was another one.

It was never a game they could win though, they'd have been incredibly lucky to get even a point from it. The games they've always said were the ones they could win and had to win are these last 3. Although I think the Middlesbrough is the real make or break game - if they fail to get anything there then it's all over - They might still beat fulham but i don't see them beating Villa unless by the last game villa's season is already over for them and they play kids.

I don't see you beating Fulham either, they are very strong in defense (best outside the top4 I think) and they can easily nick a goal against your defense. The Bpro game is probably the last winnable match.

And with MB being in the same boat as Newcastle sods law will dictate that it ends a draw.

I honestly don't know Nick. I believe it's do able and on paper Newcastle should do it. But the team just don't have the confidence.

In an 'on paper' world I think they can win tonight, then beat Fulham with the home advantage (and maybe because Fulham's season is over by next week they won't be trying 100%)

Middlesbrough v Aston Villa will be a big match but I think Villa are desperate to push themselves clear from Everton

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool - worst time to play liverpool as they'll be going at it 100% to win the league.

-

So I think it will come down to the last day. I'm not sure how Villa will do at Newcastle. Hull City v Manchester United - might be the match that takes points off hull and sends them down. West Ham United v Middlesbrough - again West Ham might have given up at that point and field kids or non regulars which gives them a chance at some points.

I think it might be WBA, Middlesbrough and Hull that go down - but then Sunderland have 2 tough teams left to play (portsmouth and chelsea) so they might drop down into the 3 as well.

I think tonight's game can go either way. I think it will be WBA, Hull and one of the two tonight.

I was chuffed when they showed Owen on the subs bench looking pissed off being swapped and then Martins went and scored with like his first touch or two. There must be a ton of newcastle fans happy to see owen at their club but I hated him since day 1. They should have used that money on a defender. I can't wait until he pisses off in the summer.

I was chuffed when they showed Owen on the subs bench looking pissed off being swapped and then Martins went and scored with like his first touch or two. There must be a ton of newcastle fans happy to see owen at their club but I hated him since day 1. They should have used that money on a defender. I can't wait until he pisses off in the summer.

Who's going to buy Owen... :CONFUSE:

Looking bad for you guys. Some of the final games have nothing riding on them. Man Utd will rest everyone against Hull, Liverpool might not try too hard against West Brom and then they have to play a pissed off Fat Sam. I'm sure he'll do you no favours. If West Brom win that, it could put you down.
I think Middlesboro are down though, so it's just one place up for grabs.

Last edited:
I think relegation will only help you barcodes out. it will at least clear out all your deadwood from the club.

On the plus side you will have a nice kit for the championship :)

pretty much the same situatin we had last year, fairly decent team gets sucked into the relegation zone and stays there until the bitter end.

feeling with you...

Back
Top Bottom