Newcastle United Thread

Tbh with the sh!te board/director they deserve to go down. You can't appoint an ex-manager that goes the moment it gets tough and has been out of football for 3 or 4 years who then leaves when it gets tough and then appoint another guy who hasnt done anything either but get heartattacks to then finally appoint an ex player that has no experience because the previous guy had a heartattack! But the director listens to the fans so he's alright.

Well they need a huge clearout. Nearly all of their squad needs to go it seems. Finally get rid of utter shite like Ameobi and Steven Taylor (though I bet neither will ever leave). The international players like Gutierrez, Owen, Viduka, Martins, Collocini, etc are all crap so they need and will go.

Ashley's gonna have a really hard time finding someone to take the club off his hands, but it needs to happen, and a massive restructuring also needs to take place.

Get a decent manager, possibly with lower league experience and seriously build up the club again.

It'll be seriously telling of how good these supposed 'real football fans' are if they actually stick around, because they'll need to in order for the club to keep going.

I think they should stick with Shearer but get a good tactician as a number 2.

I think they should stick with Shearer but get a good tactician as a number 2.

I agree. This is a good time for Shearer to have a proper go at the job and make his own team, playing in the style he wants. He's got all summer to sort it out (assuming he stays) and he'd be a good choice as manager for next season.

They didn't deserve to stay up, and not just based on this seasons poor form. They've been on a downward spiral the last few years heading closer and closer to the bottom and each year that 'as long as we get X points we're safe' has been happening later and later into the season. If they'd stayed up this year then next year would just have been another year of shite.

I'd love to see Martins stay but I can't see any of the bigger names staying. I bet all the mid table to low table premiership clubs are looking at the newcastle squad right now with their cheque books open. (I don't think many of the top teams would care)

nope, struggling to see anyone that I'd take even on a free. But for the lower table clubs/newely promoted there are some decent options like Butt, Duff, Taylor, Martins etc

POSSIBLY Owen if hes willing to be backup to Torres and take a massive wage cut. But he would have to prove his fitness and sharpness.

Yeah Taylor needs to stay at a lower club because he's got a lot of improving to do. If he went to Liverpool he wouldn't play very often (Skrtel, Agger & Carragher are all better) and when he did, any mistake he made would be scrutinized so much more. I think he's vastly over-rated anyway by a lot of people, probably just because he's English. Thing is with centrebacks, bar the odd few, most are fairly poor until their late 20s as they haven't learnt to read the game instinctively so he needs time and games to do that.

Owen and Martins, maybe Duff and Gutierrez are probably the only ones who'd get a game at a top club. A lot of Newcastle players will have lost a lot of value over the past few seasons due to how bad they've been playing.

I was thinking that seeing as Van Persie is fit again. They need someone to replace him on the treatment table.

I think they have a permanant table for Van Persie with a lcd tv and a ps3 built in.

Rafa doesnt seem like a manager who would sign a player from the past just like Sir Alex. So I doubt you'll see Owen at Liverpool again.

Well Duff says he's staying so thats one name off the shopping list.

Rafa didn't get rid of him though, I think Gutierrez could end up at a top club, Pretty much the same type of player as Park and Kuyt. Martins could end up a Villa who are built around pace or even Spurs.

Thats different cuz Owen was let go by Rafa himself. The point is, once the manager has sold someone, they move on believing they made the right decision and look to the future to fill that void with someone else. Resigning someone is almost like admitting you were wrong and guys like Sir Alex and Rafa have too much pride for that. Its also the reason why you'll never see Henry at Arsenal again.

Taylor is shite Lami, his positioning is awful and he's far too prone to errors.

The only reason anyone actually rates him is because he gives his all for Newcastle.

Bassong was the only good defender the barcodes had, and he's sure to leave.

Can't believe Duff is staying, but I guess he owes them after sending them down.

Taylor is shite Lami, his positioning is awful and he's far too prone to errors.

The only reason anyone actually rates him is because he gives his all for Newcastle.

Bassong was the only good defender the barcodes had.

Agree with all that mate.

Bit of fun, hope you guys are feeling humourous :)

35394760160d93f4b3c2o.gif

28tkyly.jpg

1shearer.jpg

About Owen,

Rafa didnt have much to say about it; Owen was going into his final year and wanted to leave so he had to take the money (8mil) or lose him for nothing. And with his injury record at that time it was the best thing to do. If we could get him on a pay-as-you-play contract its worth the shot. After all he still has an excellent record at Newcaslte for the games he's played and it would be a decent 3rd choice/impact sub when we are peppering a teams defense. Or even when we are ahead and want to rest Torres he's a good option to counter.

Keegan back to Newcastle AGAIN? Are you having a laugh?
http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/Headlines/0,,12555~1737663,00.html

And a sad day... Martins might be off :(
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5460600,00.html

Wolfsburg have agreed a fee with Newcastle for the sale of Obafemi Martins, Sky Sports News understands.

Reports in Germany suggest the Bundesliga side have had an offer of €10.5million (£9m) accepted for the Nigeria international.

Newcastle are yet to confirm the reports but a deal is said to have been agreed between the two clubs.

Martins was left out of the friendly tie against Leeds United on Wednesday evening, sparking rumours of his imminent exit.

The striker, who signed for Newcastle in 2006, scored eight goals in an otherwise forgetful season for the Magpies before their relegation to the Championship last term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom