Newcastle United thread

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
two words: johnathon woodgate

lol...what goes around, comes around!

u better hope that Owen don't end up as a injury dud though!

EDIT: I wouldn't get too confident guys...One word: Kluivert.

Remember that get-out clause? I'm thinking Owen is likely to add the same so you better get into Europe next year if you want to keep him in the long run!

Last edited:
Owen is treating this deal as a season long loan. I still hope Man Utd pick him up next year if Rossi hasnt established himself in our first team.

According to Sky Sports this morning there is no get out clause in the contract, that makes all todays sports pages pretty much irrelevant

I read today that theres something like a £12million clause so if someone pays that amount next season, he's allowed to leave.
Or maybe he might have a verbal agreement with the manager where they agreed to let him leave if he wants to.

RuneEdge said:
I read today that theres something like a £12million clause so if someone pays that amount next season, he's allowed to leave.
Or maybe he might have a verbal agreement with the manager where they agreed to let him leave if he wants to.

i read lots of stuff in papers too but i believe very little of it, a verbal agreement if we struggle badly i could believe as it means owen will have struggled as well.

Please don't say you won't miss such a talent. I admit that I don't see too much of Newcastle games but we're talking about a bright young English International, and I think he was good during the times I watched him in black and white. Sorry to hear you don't rate him as much.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Jenas is a bad player. If someone with the right offer came along, he had to leave. Look at the amount of money Newcastle have spent on transfers recently. They need to pay that off.

1327811.jpg

:shock:

koolaje said:
Please don't say you won't miss such a talent. I admit that I don't see too much of Newcastle games but we're talking about a bright young English International, and I think he was good during the times I watched him in black and white. Sorry to hear you don't rate him as much.

Jenas aint nothing special, his got work rate and thats about it. He doesn't beat 2/3 players, he doesn't set up too many goals and gets dominated in midfield. His decent but nothing special.

Let me guess, the ONLY club that would suit him is da bestest club in da whole world!

I am sure you know who that is, right?

RuneEdge said:
But the whole club doesnt suit him. Who cares about the away kit.

well non of the big clubs wanted him so any club that paid the money and offered him regular footy was gonna be the one that "suited him"

kingpug said:
Let me guess, the ONLY club that would suit him is da bestest club in da whole world!

I am sure you know who that is, right?
Who? Liverpool? Cuz thats who I think Owen SHOULD be playing for. Instead he got his second choice.

He would have been if they wanted him, which they didn't so what else could he do, spend an entire season on the bench, if even that?

Just because the team was his 2nd choice, it doesn't mean the club doesn't suit him.

Back
Top Bottom