New to the PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyDeemo

Non-League
11 March 2007
Ok so i've always bought PES on consoles. After playing the PC demo with my 360 pad i'm starting to think that its a better idea getting it on PC.

Its cheaper, editing and options file useage has got to be simpler right?

I just wondered if anyone can give me some pros and cons about the PC version compared to the rest. How come it's cheaper, does it have anything missing? To what extent does it get modded, just options files? I have heard there are some quite detailed mods that come out for it.

Any help much appreciated.

Ok so i've always bought PES on consoles. After playing the PC demo with my 360 pad i'm starting to think that its a better idea getting it on PC.

I just wondered if anyone can give me some pros and cons about the PC version compared to the rest. How come it's cheaper, does it have anything missing? To what extent does it get modded, just options files? I have heard there are some quite detailed mods that come out for it.

PC version is exactly the same as the 360 version, but as you say, has the advantage of being more easily modified. You get patches that will pretty much update EVERYTHING. Option files, team kits, boots, goalie gloves, adboards, grass textures, stadiums, crowd chants etc.

Wow really? So i imagine if i have a browse around the PC editing forum i will see what's been edited for PES2008.

So what about online? Are the experiences generally the same?

Wow really? So i imagine if i have a browse around the PC editing forum i will see what's been edited for PES2008.

So what about online? Are the experiences generally the same?

Online communication is better than console cos you have a keyboard.

Put it this way mate...Install a chants pack, kitserver, whichever visual patches you want (even learn to make them yourself) then play it. You'll never want it on a console again.

But to get the best out of it, you need a pretty powerful PC.

PC pes is the way to go!! Pimp it right up to your needs and wants it is so much better than on any console!

You can mod it to the max!

Let me give you a comparison. 4 years ago I had 3 gigs worth of mods for PES4, my game was modded to the max back then, football, gloves, music, menus, pitches, nets, kits, faces, hairstyles, refs, commentary, chants, banners, stadiums, adboards, scoreboards, emblems, etc etc. You get the point!

Well 4 years on, this game can be modded even more, plus now it is in glorious HD. If you have a powerful PC (like myself), nothing beats playing the game on the PC.

The reason why it is cheaper is the PC market is competitive and cheaper to manufacture. Get the PC version and you will not be disappointed. PC's are more versatile, better than any console ;)

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
When in doubt empty the magazine.

The reason why it is cheaper is the PC market is competitive and cheaper to manufacture.

No. It's cheaper on the PC because you are not actually buying the game itself, but merely the licence to play it. That's why you can't trade in or sell on PC games.

Its cheap on PC version coz the Developers don't have to pay any royalty to any one ..unlike in PS3 and Xbox360 where the developers have to pay royalty to Sony and Microsoft respectively

I wouldnt call that a bug, just a freak deflection off the keeper. I think the ball spin from deflections is quite good. Not perfect, but good enough for me.

ps. I think this should be in another thread.

do you think it's a deflection or the influence of the wind?

PC Sucks to be honest because if you want too play smooth you need too buy a expensive videocard like the 8800 GTX and so on for that price you'll get an xbox with wireless controllers and very good online play.
And i noticed that pc play is not as good as xbox because i have them on both pc and xbox and on pc goalkeepers are very poor.

PC Sucks to be honest because if you want too play smooth you need too buy a expensive videocard like the 8800 GTX and so on for that price you'll get an xbox with wireless controllers and very good online play.

im sorry but you have no idea...

im sorry but you have no idea...

I have a very good idea because i have pes5 pes6 and pes2008 on PC DVD so if you want i'll make you a picture tonight now to show you i know what i'm talking about.

PES2008 on PC and XBOX

1001158rt0.jpg

ALL my pes on PC

ikbengekfa7.jpg

I have a very good idea because i have pes5 pes6 and pes2008 on PC DVD so if you want i'll make you a picture tonight now to show you i know what i'm talking about.

PES2008 on PC and XBOX

1001158rt0.jpg

ALL my pes on PC

ikbengekfa7.jpg

9500GS 512...runs PES2009 at 1680x1050 (nearly 1080p)...and thats a LOW END CARD....so please spare me the 8800GTX fairy tales...

9500GS 512...runs PES2009 at 1680x1050 (nearly 1080p)...and thats a LOW END CARD....so please spare me the 8800GTX fairy tales...

You buyed a very expensive pc to play PES2008 and 2009 fot that price you better buy a Ps3 of Xbox360 no problem with slowdown and shit but stay in your dream that it plays like a ps3 or xbox.

You buyed a very expensive pc to play PES2008 and 2009 fot that price you better buy a Ps3 of Xbox360 no problem with slowdown and shit but stay in your dream that it plays like a ps3 or xbox.

It does indeed play better. Higher framerate, and AA, which by the look of the PS3 demo, they forgot to put in ;))

Oh, and my PC cost me £450, it runs PES2009 on full settings and most of my other games on max, with only Crysis needing a drop to medium.

And it does a lot more than just games remember.

And i noticed that pc play is not as good as xbox because i have them on both pc and xbox and on pc goalkeepers are very poor.

People don't buy PCs JUST for playing computer games....

Can you run Photoshop on an Xbox 360?
Can you burn DVDs on an Xbox 360?
Can you burn CDs on an Xbox 360?
Can you print Photos on an Xbox 360?

I could go on......but i think it's clear.

These are the reasons why a powerful PC is more expensive than a console. And if you have a powerful PC..it blows consoles away.

Last edited:
do you think it's a deflection or the influence of the wind?

I think it's a deflection, it bounces back and up off the keeper's back. it does look like wind has blown it but like i said...the game isn't perfect.

Accepting a game like this is like living with your partner, it aint about how beautiful it is....it's about accepting the odd thing that pisses you off here and there, then you'll have a fantastic relationship.

I can put up with the faults in the gameplay of PES2009 and many other games, as long as there aint too many of them, like in PES2008.

No. It's cheaper on the PC because you are not actually buying the game itself, but merely the licence to play it. That's why you can't trade in or sell on PC games.

You can trade PC games too. ragsdj has the correct answer.

Its cheap on PC version coz the Developers don't have to pay any royalty to any one ..unlike in PS3 and Xbox360 where the developers have to pay royalty to Sony and Microsoft respectively

Many apologies, yes you are right.

These are the reasons why a powerful PC is more expensive than a console. And if you have a powerful PC..it blows consoles away.

Excellent answer, agree totally. I don't own any consoles because Pcs are just more versatile. :)

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
When in doubt empty the magazine.

Please try with a pc to play full hd 102 cm screen a game without stuttering lets see what price that pc will cost you.

A 300 euro ps3 or xbox can do that easiely

Falastine i think your under estimating the power of the 8800gt which i purchased from ebay for 100 au let me set out some technical specs the ps3 and xbox 360 which i have can produce upto 128 bit graphics with just over 350.000 transistors ok now the 8800gt is a 256 bit card that can handle over what the ps3 and xbox 360 has, tranistors are just over 750.000 i dont know why you compare pc and console nowdays ok maybe in 2006 consoles had better power and these were the minimum things i try to explain

a console is for kids, you put the dvd in, press strart and you can play.
if you have a well-configured pc you can play aswell, but most people do not even know what a bios-update is ;)

Please try with a pc to play full hd 102 cm screen a game without stuttering lets see what price that pc will cost you.

A 300 euro ps3 or xbox can do that easiely

Isn't this a thread about the PC version of PES 2009 and what's new about it?

If you want to fight about Console v PC's start a new thread or better still............ Grow up...:DUMMY:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom