My hotmail account has been hijacked! What can I do?

I just got some spam from Stef. I hope he isnt being hacked too...

The mail was sent to loads of other addresses too, which I'm guessing are all from your friends list. The exact same thing happened to me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno. Maybe its just me. I've PMed you a list of all the other addresses that this was also sent to. Lemme know if they're people from your friends list. If they are then it might be a problem.

Hmm, thanks Rune. The emails you sent me are ancient email addresses. I have no idea how this happened. I've changed my password now and closed my old hotmail accounts. I think quite a lot of people can tell what a virus email looks like, and apart from a handful of emails from that list, only a few are active.

Someone replied to an email that was supposedly from me, advertising something so the same thing seems to have happened to me, and I've been recieving the same sorts of emails from other people too... Pretty annoying but I think my account is safe.

I changed my password to be sure. if you're on gmail, you can see where people have been singing into your account from.

I tried closing my old Hotmails but MSN are fuckers and make it the most complicated and impossible thing to do.

Just to add to this, the same thing happened to me. My email went on sending spam for weeks until I changed my password and things went back to normal since.

Back
Top Bottom