Most SHOCKING Football Moments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone can definitely remember better than me, but the (West?) German goalie that just took out a player who was through on goal in the World Cup finals, wasn't even given as a foul! I think he broke his collar bone too.

Can't remember the title but there was a movie about that Zaire side a few years back. Most of them are living in extreme poverty these days and never received their bonuses for playing at the World Cup.

Someone can definitely remember better than me, but the (West?) German goalie that just took out a player who was through on goal in the World Cup finals, wasn't even given as a foul! I think he broke his collar bone too.

I already mentioned that one.

Semi final WC 1982: Werstern-Germany versus France.
Tony Schumacher versus Patrick Battiston, imo still the biggest referee fuck-up of all times...

Schumacher should have had a long ban.

The news from today saying Rangers will play in the 4th division next year is one of the biggest shocking football moments to me. No old firm in the next years and probably a league with no real rival for Celtic.

The news from today saying Rangers will play in the 4th division next year is one of the biggest shocking football moments to me. No old firm in the next years and probably a league with no real rival for Celtic.

And with the inetivable weakening of Rangers through these years.. Possibly no rival for Celtic for the next decade.

Back
Top Bottom