Most SHOCKING Football Moments!

PLF

Legend
2 August 2004
Today I was talking to a buddy about Zidane's headbutt in World Cup Final of all places and in his last game! It got us both thinking about all the CRAZY stuff that's happened over the years.

Then I also remembered Lee Bowyer and Kieran Dyer (Newcastle team-mates fighting hardcore in middle of game) and more recently there was that incident between Ricardo Fuller and Andy Griffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxy4xNnA3Y&feature=related

Then recently there was that Thomas Muller Arjen Robben fight which unfortunately I can't find anything but pictures from. If anybody has a clip of that, I'd love to see it.

I also seem to remember Totti kicking Balotellin in Roma vs. Inter fierce games and a couple players fighting over who takes Penalty/Free kicks.

So post ALL outrageous/shocking moments or good fights WITH the clip such as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFLeTm46CqQ&feature=related

We already have a Football clips thread but to be honest, that moves very quickly and is filled with DAILY stuff as it's updated and new things get posted there. It's good the way it is.

THIS is a thread where we can go back in history and review the most outrageous moments and discuss them. So it certainly does serve its purpose as you wouldn't want people discussing things in length in the Football Clips thread and that should be reserved for more recent things as they happen daily the way it's already been going.

I leave you with this extraordinary moment!

YouTube - Zidane Head Butt - FIFA 2006 Final

ENJOY and entertain me now!

You guys remember a young 21 year old Lampard arguing with the crazy fucker Di Canio over who takes penalty?! I just remembered that, found the clip and noticed uncle Redknapp was manager too! :D

Crazy stuff!

YouTube - Di Canio and Lampard argue over penalty

Look at Joe Cole in that clip as well! Looks like a BABY! lol

Schumacher - Battiston.
Rooney versus Wigan player
Goicochea - Maradonna
the fighting Blackburn Rovers players in the CL
Leeds Utd -Bayern Munchen: the way Bayern was advantaged by the ref and the shocking reactions of the Leeds fans.
Western Germany - Austria in the 1982 WC

In Belgium:
Witsel -Wasilewski
Desloovere - Lozano.

I'm sorry, i can't be bothered to search all those moments on youtube and post them here.

And then there is one very special that i will always remember. It comes from the Bundesliga. The last day of the season. The match is between Bayer Leverkusen and Borrussia Monchengladbach. At the time Leverkusen was a litle club on the verge of playing for the first time in the UEFA Cup. They only needed a point. Right at the end, it was a draw until the Leverkusen GK had the ball in his hands and somebody in the stands whistled. The GK thought it was the ref who had whistled and so did the majority of the players. The GK put the ball on the ground and the player nearest to the ball (i think it was Lothar Mathaus, then playing for Monchengladbach) jokingly gave a litle kick to the ball and the ball ended up in goal. To everyone's astonishment (including Mathaus) the goal stood and Leverkusen missed European football.

Last edited:
i just youtube'd for that witsel tackle, that shit aint cool. you can end players careers doing that shit. Balotelli "tackle" on song was like 13 times worse though..

i dunno who these players are but its proper shocking..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwVNTyBbxaM

also aint there a rule if you attack a referee you get banned for life?

Veira VS Keane, man I miss that pure edged rivalry! There's not enough of it these days, not enough commitment to a club from the player..

Carcela head injury and Djibril Cissé broken legs 2 times !!

Last edited:
I LOVE this thread I have to say! :D

So much entertainment, so many f'n lunatics! :D :LOL:

Keep it coming guys!

if it comes to shocking moments i always think about players who died on the pitch...

Yea, I was thinking the same. I'll never forget the death of Miki Feher. I was at a café watching the game Guimarães-Benfica with some friends when it happened. Then I left home and tuned on my TV seeking more news. Sad sad night. :(

Yeah that's true. The most shocking stuff is the unfortunate number of deaths we've had recently. :(

Puerta, Feher, Marc Vivien-Foe, etc. :( RIP all!

I LOVE this thread I have to say! :D

So much entertainment, so many f'n lunatics! :D :LOL:

Keep it coming guys!

i already told u man, your entusiasm for sheer violence scares the hell out of me sometimes :LOL:

may i suggest a change of avatar? nothing against gary speed (respect for a legend :WORSHIP:), but i think this one
stor_9392462_42050.jpg

might suit your persona more appropriately :P

This thread turned out even better than I imagined! :D

I can't stop laughing! :LMAO:

Between the player touching female ref's tits, to psycho guys who beat up referees and then we have this guy...

Legendary Sebastiano Rossi clotheslining Bucchi

YouTube - Sebastiano Rossi manata a Bucchi

Lol, this is so funny! It's like he's thinking:

"How dare you score a penalty on me you f'n bastard!" and then clotheslines him!! :LMAO:

I do hope he got sent off and a big nice lengthy ban for this though!! This is unacceptable! :SHOCK:

Back
Top Bottom