Most Disappointing Games of 2010

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Well just list what you thought were your most disappointing games this year.

1. F1 2010.
Awful arcade racing game full of bugs, but it does look amazing with a PC on ultra settings.

2. Gran Turismo 5.
Great game, but after 6 years in development expected a little more.

3. Civilization 5.
Again great game but the dumbing down for newbies just didn't do it for me, the end result alienated a few of the hardcore fans.

4. Mafia 2.
Although I did put this on one of my fav games of the year, I was still disappointed as Mafia would be one of my top 5 games of all time.
This just felt rushed and could of done with more development time and some more side missions then we would of had a great game. Also one or two less main characters as towards the end I started thinking, I am working for who and doing what for what reason.

5. FIFA 11 PC.
Couldn't really think of another game but the fact once AGAIN, we didn't get the full NG version is an insult.

PES 2011: it's a very good come back and i enjoy it, but there are simply too much negative things, bugs, gameplay issues and other litle embarassments.
I thinl we should be more critical towards Konami. This is not a bad foundation for something very good. But i ask myself if from now on, football games will always be disappointing because we expect too much. I'm not really impressed by current gen games compared to the PS2 and XBox era...

For me... Starcraft 2 & Dead Rising 2 are the only games that jump out at me as being games I felt were a disappointment. I thought Starcraft 2 was going to be some stunning RTS game that blew me away but it all felt a little nerdy .. in a good way... but the nerd factor is so high that I just felt completely lost when playing.

DR2 felt like a disappointment because the bosses are so hard and the game forces you into using those combo weapons... the first was awesome but this just felt like the B team made this game. Good but not as good as I expected it to be.

FIFA11 - the most hyped Fifa ever, with promises of personality+, pro passing and other EA buzzwords, but come September I quickly realise this game is same old same old. Keep on chasing the casual market, EA!

Other than that I haven't been disappointed with any of the games I've bought this year. I didn't play F1 2010, but I wouldn't consider it a disappointment. As soon as I heard Codemasters got the F1 licence I knew what we were going to get.

I don't know if this really went under "disappointing", because it was at least half-expected to be bad, but anyway, the most disappointing game for me has to be:

WRC 2010

For starters, WRC license went to a small studio that had a very poor track record in car racing titles, if not all racing titles. To me, the game shows that license was bought first and only then came the thinking process "well, what could we do with this license?"

Devs seemed to have no knowledge (or even interest) in rallying, so they took artistic freedom to extremes as if to paint a picture what WRC should be in their opinion and they went "bang wrong". In almost every way. And to an extent that it really can't be fixed in a year or even two. What a ruddy waste of anyone's time.

Final Fantasy XIII. A good game. But disappointing compared to the rest in the series and especially after waiting for close to 5 years for it.

Has everybody forgotten about Final Fantasy XIII already?

Final Fantasy XIII. A good game. But disappointing compared to the rest in the series and especially after waiting for close to 5 years for it.

I quite liked FFXIII, I even got the Platinum trophy. It was totally different to the rest of the series and the characters 'took some getting used to', but I enjoyed levelling up my characters in the new crystarium and I loved the new combat system.

The only disappointing features for me was the fact that it was so linear and it required you to grind endlessly to be able to 5 star the side mission bosses and afford all the weapons and accessories. The grinding was a massive chore. The story was a little lame as well. Still, the cut scenes were the best I've ever seen in a game.

Last edited:
FIFA11
PES11, I had zero expectations so not really a dissapointment as such. More that it's still not good enough.
Modnation Racers, Was hoping for a Mariokart-esque game, which it was, however the ridiculously long loading time, and lack of opponents per race was poor. Never got round to patching it and seeing if it helped.

Patching fixed the loading times by almost halving them, you should definately patch it.

Fifa 11, but its been disappointing since Fifa 09. Just too much hype and high expectations. I would appreciate it if they take all that waste of an effort and throw it all in the production room. Talk the talk and walk the walk, EA sports.

PES and MOH were awesome for me............hehe.

I've saw a bit of Black Ops, might get it, but it looks awful.

FD

Back
Top Bottom