Most anticipated game in 2012

gerd

Retired Footballer
8 January 2002
Over the moon
KRC Genk, Spurs
We've had a thread about the best game of 2011, why not one about the most antipated game of 2012.

For me it has to be SSX. I was a huge fan of SSX Tricky and SSX3 and i really missed this franchise.

Now EA are making some sort of reboot of this franchise and i've been busy searching information about the game, the gameplay footage i've seen looks awesome.

It's been a long time i've been this excited about a video game.

Might try GTAV too. GThis sort of game did not really attract me until i tried the Red Dead Redemption which i thoroughly enjoyed...

a sequel to red dead redemption would be my platonic choice.

for real games, i'd say "the last guardian" and a decent football title. I also wished they could remake pes3 in HD for a tenner on the psn store.

Yeah I don't actually know what's coming out this year.

GTA V surely won't be released before 2013?

I guess there's always Fifa 13.

Hoping it comes in 2012, it is definitely GTA V. If it doesn't come, my second-most anticipated thing is the hope to see NHL 13 coming out for PC.

Last edited:
I guess it has to be PES 13 since it's supposed to be all brand new.

like every year ?!?! ;) :D

I am looking forward to GTA V and DIABLO III - if one of those will come this year i would be very pleased !!!

The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XIII-2 are also on my list :D

EDIT: forgot Darksiders 2 - this will be great !!! ;)

Last edited:
Max Payne 3 is looking fairly good but it's hard to get too excited about a story shooter as they end up lasting about 4 hours to play through, yet cost the same amount as a game like Skyrim which we can easily clock 100 hours on without trying!

Bioshock Infinite, The Last Guardian, Mass Effect 3, GTAV are my top games for this year. A game called 'Journey' is one to look out for too.

my second-most anticipated thing is the hope to see NHL 13 coming out for PC.

Man, I want it so bad! Been a while since the last time I've played an hockey game. I hope EA or 2K bring it out.

As for the topic, I'll take GTA. This one should be huge.

I read that NHL 12 on PS3 is a good game.

So was NHL 08 meant to be.

I mean its like NBA 2k...Its prob a good game if you like the sport?

Maybe Americans that dont like ''soccer'' think pES and fifa are boring? Though I alwasy liked golf, madden and baseball yet not a big fan IRL>

GTA V by a country mile if indeed it is released later this year (and I don't think it will). There's not much else on my radar this year. I'm still trying to catch up with a few games I missed last year.

PES and Fifa don't interest me any more. I'm fed up of the yearly promises from Konami and EA, and the hype and guff from the community insiders. I'll wait and see what turns up in September/October and go from there.

However, I am slightly interested in the possibility of a EURO 2012 game from EA. I much prefer their tournament games to Fifa.

whos Adam?

The guy that runs WENB, now he's the guy that makes PES.

However, I am slightly interested in the possibility of a EURO 2012 game from EA. I much prefer their tournament games to Fifa.

Good point, their Tourny games are always better than the Fifa games (surly this has is due to being more arcade focussed like older PES games?) They just need to calm down on the confetti, for some reason Simon Humber loves it and goes overboard everytime lol

Last edited:
Good point, their Tourny games are always better than the Fifa games (surly this has is due to being more arcade focussed like older PES games?) They just need to calm down on the confetti, for some reason Simon Humber loves it and goes overboard everytime lol

I don't think they feel more arcadey, just better, and I can't put my finger on exactly why. Maybe it's because the game is a smaller canvas with less teams and content to focus on, but the presentation, atmosphere and graphics of the tournament games is always superior in my opinion, and the gameplay feels more solid and enjoyable.

The confetti was a bit over the top but I thought South Africa 2010 was a superbly presented game.

Most anticipated game:
Mass Effect 3

Games I plan to buy in 2012:
Tomb Raider
Hitman Absolution
Minecraft (360)
Bioshock Infinite
Halo 4
Grand Theft Auto V
Diablo III
Torchlight II
The Darkness II
Darksiders II
Far Cry 3
I Am Alive
Max Payne 3
Prey 2

PES 2013
GTA V

Struggling to see much apart from that which interests me to be honest... Screw all these samey shooters with short, weak storylines and online modes full of twats.

People always go on about how good gaming is these days, but I rarely see anything with much creativity/longevity - the first Portal was the first game in a long time that really impressed me, and that was released in 2007. Not played Portal 2 yet, but with it being a sequel, the originality is kind of lost.

I play quite a few "casual" games such as Peggle, and some well crafted games such as Skyrim as well as PES/FIFA which are fun with mates - maybe I'm just going off gaming in general...

Tends to happen to most people the older they get.

Not me, still young at heart! I am constantly amazed at the progress in games, from graphics to gameplay but mainly cause I still think back to the Atari and specci days.

I am looking forward to ssx, gta and fifa. Would love to see pes 13 grab me but not holding my breath.

Gaming is fucking dire these days. Sure, there are still some great games out there but equally too many dumbed down, simplistic games that appeal to the lowest common denominators in society. There are too many fps games and not enough strategy games that place intelligence and strategy over dexterity with a controller.

Perhaps I'm getting old and grumpy but games used to be varied, imaginative, creative and challenging. I'm sick of the same old genres these days and the tendency of games to hand-hold the player from start to finish. The trouble is games have such huge development and licensing costs these days that no developer is prepared to take risks. Everything has to have mass-market appeal.

/rant.

Tends to happen to most people the older they get.
True - a few years ago I could happily spend hours on the Tony Hawk games, Test Drive Unlimited etc. but whenever I've given them another go, they just feel like a massive, boring waste of time.

However, there are plenty of people much older than me though that still play (and enjoy) a huge variety of games - I do still find some games fun (i.e. Skyrim, Batman, Assassin's Creed), but I think I must just be too cynical or picky when it comes to these games...

I'm not willing to pay £20+ for a sub-par title that's clearly been rushed out to make money, and will only be entertaining for 10 hours at the most...
I know how business works, but as the consumer I tend to have more respect and appreciation for games like Skyrim, where the developers clearly put time and effort into their work - Skyrim could have been released with 20% of it's content and it would've been a much better/longer single player experience than 99% of what's available.

@Jamezinho - Hit the nail on the head, I mentioned it in another thread but the Zero Punctuation reviews do sum up my views on nearly all of the games he's reviewed.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
They're seen as a sort of comedy thing because he's so brutally cynical (honest?), but what the guy says is pretty much all true, and it's probably no coincidence that the only game he's had almost universal praise for was Portal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not me, still young at heart! I am constantly amazed at the progress in games, from graphics to gameplay but mainly cause I still think back to the Atari and specci days.

I am looking forward to ssx, gta and fifa. Would love to see pes 13 grab me but not holding my breath.

Yeah im the same i started on the Atari/Spectrum good times :BOP: I dnt think i'l ever stop gaming or ever grow up although im lucky to play anymore than 3-4 hours a night now with having a wife and kids when it used to be much longer especially when Xbox Live first got introduced!!!

I love the Zero Punctuation reviews! Though I must admit I've not watched them for a long, long while. Time to catch up.

I think my problem is a that I'm a pc gamer at heart having grown up with Commodore Amiga. I miss the variety of simulations and strategy games that I played back then. The strategy game seems to have died a death on the consoles, the common excuse that these type of games work better with a mouse and keyboard. That's bollocks if you ask me. One of my favourite games of the last two years is Tropico 3 and that worked just fine on a pad. Which reminds me, I must pick up Tropico 4.

Yeah im the same i started on the Atari/Spectrum good times :BOP: I dnt think i'l ever stop gaming or ever grow up although im lucky to play anymore than 3-4 hours a night now with having a wife and kids when it used to be much longer especially when Xbox Live first got introduced!!!

Absolutely, it a balancing act!

For me online gaming was a big revolution, absolutely love pitting your gaming skills against individuals that don't cheat!

Rob, I know what you are saying, but it is getting harder to come up with blockbuster new games. Skyrim is excellent but far from perfect in the graphics dept. I still love it tho.

I can only really see the next gen stuff coming up with even more stunning photo realistic games with better AI, but genres of games I am not so sure.

Sorry for going off topic.

I am alive also looks like a good game. Looks a big like Drake for the xbox.

Last edited:
I think the advancements in graphics have almost been the death of gaming - if you have the money and resources, you can pretty much churn out crap but dress it up in impressive special effects and gimmicks, add a Hollywood-esque "story", maybe a bit of motion sensing and away you go, you have a game selling in the hundreds of thousands...

Back when all you had to work with was the simplicity of the Amiga, MegaDrive and even PS1 (and maybe PS2 to an extent), your gameplay and creativity had to stand out to put you ahead of the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom