MLB 10: The Show

Looking forward to it - I tried the demo for either 08 or 09 and thought it was great apart from I couldn't get used to the batting. I kinda understood what you had to do - but it still seemed really hard to guess it all right.

Saw this video today on the us playstation blog.

Real Time Presentation Mode

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/mlb-10-the-show-real-time-presentation-mode/

What does it actually do? does it just have that fixed camera and a load of picture in picture boxes floating around as you play? Is that how actual games are broadcast in the USA?

The real time presentation has no cut scenes or replays. Whenever a player is out for example the camera angles changes and you see the player go back to the the dugout, the fielders get back into position etc.

I can't see any demos of MLB 10. Only a 2K10 demo. The 2K demo is great though, the batting is easy ish to get used to and the pitching works alright. Not sure about actually hitting the ball where you want to though - every time I smashed the ball it went where ever the hell it wanted and usually that meant right at a fielder.

It's also not as visually stunning as MLB - which isn't a game breaker but that's why I;d like to try the MLB demo. Then i can see which oine has the gameplay i want and if its mlb... then the graphics are a welcome bonus.

What feature is that? just youtube enabled or is there some kind of replay editor in there to chop together your best moments and upload?

Its the Movie Maker, at the end of the game you can make a movie from any event in the game, it even has a filter. When you've recorded it, it goes straight to the XMB, no Youtube upload via the game.

During the games, the slow motion camera has a name now, its called PS3 Show Motion :LOL:

just got the demo.

the game is spetacular, miles and miles better than mlb2k10!

i am seriously thinking of buying it... if i can find it for sale here in Brasil... :P

So I recently found MLB 09 really cheap, and compared to the full price I'd have to pay for MLB 10, is it worth it? Or can I stick with 09 and be a happy camper?

You can always order it online ;)

Too risky mate... if i get taxed i´ll have to pay the double price for the game. Also a lot of gamesites don´t ship to brasil due to import restrictions problems.

Last edited:
Tried the demo of 10 out for a bit more now. I find it easier than 09 and better but I still have no idea about the batting.

Are you basically supposed to just wait until you see the ball coming and then try to judge where it's going and quickly aim at it and hit X?

And how do you aim your hits?
Can you aim your hits?

I only seem to be getting 3 different hits. A straight home run, a hit that sends the ball just to the side of a fielder who will always dive and miss it and the third is a direct shot right at the hands of someone.

If that's it?

I did...VG+.. didnt pay any taxes since they declared the game as lower than 50 dolars(thats the maximum allowed to import in brazil) got the game on release day too, wich was amazing!

quanto voce pagou nele já com o frete e como é que posso fazer esse esquema deles declararem que o jogo é só 50 dolares?

Tried the demo of 10 out for a bit more now. I find it easier than 09 and better but I still have no idea about the batting.

Are you basically supposed to just wait until you see the ball coming and then try to judge where it's going and quickly aim at it and hit X?

And how do you aim your hits?
Can you aim your hits?

I only seem to be getting 3 different hits. A straight home run, a hit that sends the ball just to the side of a fielder who will always dive and miss it and the third is a direct shot right at the hands of someone.

If that's it?

To aim where you want to hit the ball you need to flick one of the analogue sticks in whatever direction, you'll feel a small rumble in your hands.

Batting is about timing and recognising what pitches are coming at you and the location too.

Watch this video for tips.

Last edited:
I love Home Run Derby!

mlb10theshow9.th.png
mlb10theshow9.png

mlb10theshow8.png

Yeh tobi, this is a feature i missed a lot since my last ps2 version(The Show 07)
Its a great game mode to relax and play with friends at home drinking some ice cold beer!

another great thing is that u still have Shea and old yankee stadium to use :D

Just took Fallout 3 back and got this instead. I'm not huge on Bethesda and RPG style games like that. I already have GTA IV to play through so I needed a sports game and The Show is the up there in the best.

Played online last night. I was the Phillies vs. Dodgers. Online it's kind of choppy but it wasn't horrendous. The opponent and I were still about to make hits (Him a lot more than me), just kinda made it so there was a lot more balls because it was hard to use the pitch meter. The game went 14 innings and Ibanez hit a liner to left to drive in Howard from 2nd for the game winner.

Big old bump it I couldn't find a thread for 13, 12 or 11.

Anyway... Just read that MLB the show 13 is going to be on the eu store as a digital download today priced at £39.99.

I saw the post, its great that its available but I'm not buying at that price.

Last edited:
Was that supposed to be not buying at that price?

The but made it sound like you had doubts

Back
Top Bottom