Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

So Kiefer Sutherland is Punished Snake? Trailer looked immense. Music gave me the Snake Eater vibe, for obvious reasons. Also I did not go back to sneak another peak at that Sniper lady. Honest.

Wait?! XBone Exclusive :((

No chance of it coming to PS4 then.

EDIT: It's not!

tumblr_mo77nn06hA1rrx588o1_400.gif

Last edited:
I'm not buying this whole "Kiefer being Snake is a trick! Hayter will return!"-stuff. I think they wanted to show off the face motion capture and wanted a more versatile actor for that. Pretty much what they said. No tricks, just a business decision.

i'll think this isnt will be "that much nextgen" , PS3 still will do it...remember MGS:Guns Of The Patriots? Graphics pretty much like Sneak Eater, but a little bit more polished and plus some extra effects but seriously not much of a difference.

Man, I really need to pick up my MGS-playing. About half of MGS4 + all of Peace Walker unfinished.

Yea, I do too. Loved MGS and MGS 3 (2 was okay). Played them all numerous times up to MGS4. Don't know whether it was the crazy exposition or what but I got about 2/3 of the way through that and never completed it for some reason...

MGS4 was a bit let down after MGS2 & 3...but MGS1 fans will love it.

The game starts slow and cool, the first boss battle is awesome the other is really cheap, 90% of the game is cut scenes, and Otacon (who i liked) annoyed the fuck out of me, his love story is such a lame one AND for sure this is NOT A sneaking mission even there is not where it should be, u can kill of everyone with war tactic. Because of these reasons i really wont play it again anymore. Tho i played 2-3 times both Sneak Eater and Sons of Liberty.

If it weren't for the childish and mediocre script of Metal Gear 4 and the obsession of Kojima of putting his name in the screen every 30 seconds, I would be very hyped for this.

If it weren't for the childish and mediocre script of Metal Gear 4 and the obsession of Kojima of putting his name in the screen every 30 seconds, I would be very hyped for this.

this look like a really mature game and I don't have a problem with Kojima name.. really amazing trailer

100 years from now, Kojima will be regarded as one of the historical genius of gaming. Even his trailers are like mini cinematic masterpieces.

Which is which?

I like the texture and light on the top, seems a little too sharp though. I prefer the bottom for the colour, fogged distance effect and sky. And I can actually make out detail on it like the trees just to the left of snakes head, I can't make them out on the top one.

PC is the top one as I understand it, a lot does seem to have changed even with the formations of the rocks and stuff so it's possible one was not from a "real" level but more some kind of promo build, we'll find out closer to release I guess how ubisofted™ the game has been since the original release.

Just watched some gameplay footage. Everything was looking great until I saw that pathetic 'Fulton Recovery System' will be on this game. Exactly as seen on the arcadey 'Peacewalker' for the PSP. Incredibly enough!

I just don't get it. You get a franchise that has been for some time (apart from the boss fights) an excellent simulation of military combat and stealth infiltration which now alows you to send enemies (and vehicles!) hanging onto baloons for a helicopter pickup right from inside an enemy base, right under their soldiers noses! No one will hear the helicopter or see a freaking jeep being lifted off a stupid baloon.

Not only this is ludicrous for totally lacking realism, it also makes the game that much easier. No more worries about hiding corpses and where you take your enemies down.

In addition, the game will have that annoying (for me at least) RPG-like feature of recruiting personnel and assigning them to teams and side missions.
I'm getting sick and tired of mini-games inside mini-games inside the main feature. Much like happened with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Massive let down for me, guys.
Seems they just want to wow us with outstanding next-gen 1080p graphics, but the gameplay itself seems to have been tweaked to cater to casual gamers rather than the hardcore fans who wanted a rewarding experience for stealth play.
Hell, there's even a Max Payne-like bullet time/slow down effect when you get detected by an enemy, giving you the chance to take him out before sounding the alarm.

It's a shame. I'm a massive MGS fan but if my impressions are confirmed, I'll be hanging on to the next Splinter Cell game on the next-gen.

Back
Top Bottom