Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3

OMG i am ready to die now, man i hope i get BETA online axx
Shit looks freakin awsome....PS3FTW;)

Could that game be anymore scripted! I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

Could that game be anymore scripted! I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

I think it's a bit unfair to say it's too scripted. The fact is that Kojima (or whatever his name is) knows where all the soldiers are positioned. If you were playing it, you would need to explore and figure out the best approach or route to take.

Also, a certain amount of scripting actually can help save a game from being a open sand-box directionless mess.

The environements look great but sadly the player and snakes animations look like they still can be pulled off on current gen. with all the much to do abouyt the ps3's pyhsics cabilitilies wy are we not seeing amazing Lucasarts stuff?

You can grab a 1280x720 HD version of the gameplay demo at mininova.org. Just type "gameplay" in the search field and grab that 723 mb video. This looks awesome in HD. A great amount of detail is shown there. Damn i need to play this baby ASAP. :D

I've also never been a fan of the series but I was very impressed with the new video, so now there's three PS3 games that actually interest me: Uncharted Drake's Fortune, MGS4, GT5....

Maybe next year it'll finally be worth my while buying a PS3, for now though the 360 is still a much better purchase, far more games I want to play on that......

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Metal Gear Online
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22946.html?r=1&type=wmv

There's a difference in the way that Americans and the Japanese approach team sports. For example, a baseball player there is more likely to be revered for bunting to load the bases for the team than going for the big play and the personal glory. Perhaps somewhere in that difference is the reason that Western shooters have never fared particularly well there and why we haven't seen many great Japanese shooters on our shores. In this interview with Kojima Productions' Ryan Payton, he says that he's encouraging the team crafting Metal Gear Online to allow that emphasis on serving the team first to shine through in the game.

We're interested to see how this aspect will be integrated, as Payton promises that the game is more focused on team play than on just "killing your opponent." But we'd be lying if we didn't say we were a little bit concerned ... we will still get to kill our opponent, right? We're all for playing as a team and everything, as long as it still culminates in our good-old American thirst for blood being slaked.

New Metal Gear Solid 4 Trailer Shows Four New Bosses

MGS4_GC_020.jpg

The newest Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer was, surprisingly, on the show floor, tucked away in the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune area at Sony's booth, playing on a single screen. The trailer opened with the familiar camp scene from the second MGS4 trailer, following Snake and a group of Foxhound soldiers on the hunt for Liquid. However, instead of the innuendo-filled Raiden and Vamp fight, the Games Convention trailer showed all new content, including four of the game's bosses, each of whom looks part human, part metal gear. We're encoding video from the show floor now, but here's a description of what occurs in the newest trailer with a few new screenshots from various scenes.

Following the Kojima Productions credits, the trailer runs with the following scenes.

On the streets we've seen in the previous trailers, a heavily armored bulldozer climbs over a mound of rubble, clearing away barricades laced with razor wire. Snake watches the dozen or so soldiers following the dozer, hiding behind a Dumpster.

The bulldozer struggles to pass something in the road. We can see only a portion of the obstruction, even from the driver's view. The PMCs trailing the vehicle dart around the front to help clear the way.

The driver shifts gears, its treads spinning in place. He's stopped cold by a four-legged metal gear dubbed Crying Wolf. As the driver realizes what he's up against, the monster begins to overturn the dozer. The driver, panicked, attempts escape as the soldiers spray the beast with machine gun fire.

Some have already given up and flank the dozer. They're quickly sliced in half by the wings of aerial boss Raging Raven who flies away.
MGS4_GC_008.jpg

The remaining PMCs eventually given up on killing Wolf, attempting to flee the scene.

Five of them run into Laughing Octopus. The four-tentacled boss unsheathes her thick metal arms behind one of the unlucky, while another points to the danger behind him. She grabs the soldier with lightning speed, constricting him in her embrace until he's crushed to death. A dry looking, death defining spray of blood is released and his body is dropped.

One of the remaining four of this group has had enough. He runs through a trio of PMCs, one armed with a rocket, taking aim at Octopus. The coward of the group suddenly locks up. He quivers. Then he opens fire upon his own team, killing them all.

He then starts floating, his arms and back are pulled in an unnaturally twisted position as we hear his back breaking. As the camera pans around him, we see that he is being suspended from a series of gossamer wires. Cut to Snake, who looks up to see a hovering Screaming Mantis on top of the building across the street. She sports a six armed backpack, blades in four of her mechanical limbs and what look like two floating, spindly, artificial embryos hovering by her side. She's the definition of spooky.

Cut to another group of soldiers. They're attempting to leave via another route. Raven flies overhead firing RPGs at an archway. The rubble crushes a threesome of soldiers. Cut to the back of Snake, still watching the slaughter.
MGS4_GC_011.jpg

Wolf returns running through a crowd of five survivors, bouncing off walls, headbutting the PMCs to death. Back for another run, he eliminates the remaining two.

Return to Octopus who is swatting away soldiers with one tentacle while skewering another, slamming his bloody corpse to the ground.

Raven is now on the ground, burning his jets over the corpse of a fallen soldier. Wolf howls into the sky. Octopus stands motionless, body draped from her techno-organic attachment.

Snake watches all the four bosses casually leave the scene, seemingly taking instructions from Mantis. Mantis looks in Snake's direction, eyes glowing, and dramatically bowing toward him, making an ominous swipe with a sickled arm before backing away and out of view.

As the camera pans over the carnage...

This game is looking amazing, being my favourite game of all time, this is looking to follow its routes in amazingness!

The Beauty and the Beast faction, they are gonna be tough to beat, Raiden looks amazing for a change and so does Vamp, cant wait for this game, there is a new trailer aswell I believe, involving Meryl at the beginning (Just saw that TG had posted already) gonna watch that when I get hom, only got 15 mins to go, that boss video (Beauty and the Beast Bosses) is quite old now :D

There's plenty of gameplay videos on GAMETRAILERS (gameplay section)

The cinematics use in-game engine so the graphics look the same in-game and in cutscenes.

Kojima Productions Working On English Metal Gear Solid 4 Demo

For me, and for a whole lot of other people, Metal Gear Solid 4 was the gaming highlight of TGS. It's slick. Sad thing is, very few of you got to play it, what with very few of you living in Japan. Which is a shame! Lucky for you, Kojima Productions have today started work on an English-language demo of the game,

Ryan Payton saying yesterday:
As of tomorrow, we're going to start working on the English demo...Anything I say beyond what I'm going to say is going to incriminate me and people are going to know what I'm hinting at.
Good to hear. While the hardcore would buy MGS4 if they had to wade through a sea of rusted razor wire dipped in pig shit, I think some of the additions to the game in terms of the way you can approach a mission will make a demo worth a look-in for people traditionally put off by Metal Gear.

looks amazing cant wait to get it, might actually find a use for my ps3 lol

Latest 1UpYours podcast has said the game is delayed to Q2.........

Konami said its to make further improvements to the game and the latest bunch of previews a few weeks ago were positive. A delay is disapointing but if it results in an even better game who am I to complain.

Back
Top Bottom