Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

i dont care if its delayed as long as its good, Konami should of realised that with pes

MGS4 Demo next month ? (thanks Vanished)

mgs41xq7.jpg

According to the latest issue of PSW Magazine, a demo for Kojima Productions' upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is coming next month.

After an extensive preview of the title, the magazine writes "Want more MGS4? Well you'll get it very soon. The stage played here will be out on the PSN Store in the next month."

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/

Very nice if true.

o snap i just realised this game is made by konami. im definetly not getting excited about mgs4 now. i wont be surprised if it flops

Its Kojima.

PlayStation 3 Gets Metal Gear Online Beta In April

In addition to announcing a ship date and hardware bundle for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, SCEA today revealed that a beta for the game's online component will happen before the June release. Metal Gear Online, as you may be aware, will be a separate release from the single player experience, but Metal Gear Solid 4 will come with a "starter pack" that will give gamers a taste of what to expect from the full version.

The multiplayer beta test for Metal Gear Online will kick off in April for those who pre-order the game. Run, do not walk, to your local retailer and bring a fiver with you.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Finally Has A Release Date

Word from Destination PlayStation, a retailers-only conference for all things PlayStation related, is that Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to the PlayStation 3 on June 12, 2008. According to sources there now, the release of Kojima Productions action-stealth game will arrive on a Thursday, oddly enough. Even more interesting is that we're hearing word that Sony will be offering a hardware bundle that features MGS4, an 80GB PlayStation 3 and a DualShock 3 packed-in.

We're checking with Konami for official word on the matter and will update with additional information soon.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) re. 12th June 2008

Makes pre order...

metalgearsolid4gunsofthgx6.jpg

f_12040993791m_e8cacf3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) on 12th June 2008

KONAMI CONFIRM- METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS WORLDWIDE RELEASE ON JUNE 12TH 2008.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will be released globally on 12th June 2008 exclusively on Sony Playstation 3. In addition to this epic blockbuster, the online component, Metal Gear Online (Starter Pack) will also be on the same Blu-ray disc.

The starter pack includes 5 maps details of which can be found over at the official website (http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/index.html). Over time additional packs will be made available over the Playstation Store which will include characters, weapons, game modes and maps. (Dates yet to be anounced).

If you cant wait to experience Metal Gear, a beta of Metal Gear Online will be available from 21st April for approximatley 2 weeks in the United States and Europe for those who pre-order the title.

In addition another pre-order bonus, the Metal Gear Saga 2.0 DVD which includes trailers and more will be available. (Currently only the United States, subject to change).

In Japan the game will be available in regular casing, or in special edition which includes a case and Making Of DVD. On top of this a special Metal Gear bundle with a Playstation 3 will be up for purchase from retailers. (Details to follow).

In North America plans for a Playstation 3 bundle are underway. This includes a Sony PS3 80gb console, DualShock 3 controller and a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs4_inte/

Last edited by a moderator:

I cant wait for this. Out of all the games on all the consoles this is my most anticpated title of 2008. Im going to pre-order this so I can get access to the Metal Gear Online beta. It looks absolutley great. This on April 21st and then GTA IV on April 29th. Its going to be great. June 12th cant come soon enough.

:COOL:

2v2tykw.jpg

Last edited:

That boxart looks great!

METAL GEAR ONLINE screenshots

img02_02.jpg

img02_01.jpg

img01_01.jpg

img01_02.jpg

img03_01.jpg

img03_02.jpg

img03_03.jpg

:))

METAL GEAR ONLINE- STARTER MAP PACK

5 MAPS:

Ambush Alley

A corner of a war-shattered town littered with obstacles, its central intersection branching off into side streets.

img04_01.jpg

Gronznyj Grad

The now abandoned weapons factory that housed the Shagohod in Metal Gear Solid 3. Contains open areas offering unobstructed views as well as indoor and rooftop locations.

img04_02.jpg

Midtown Maelstrom

This Middle Eastern battleground features avenues crisscrossed with alleyways.

img04_03.jpg

Urban Ultimatum

Negotiate buildings of varying height in this city under siege.

img04_04.jpg

Blood Bath

A kill house consisting of both surface and underground areas.

img04_05.jpg

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Gear online? Something about that sounds wrong. I can't see how it would work well online, too slow and too fiddly compared to the other shooters...

Wow looks great. Isn't this coming out on the 360 aswell?

Looks a great game but I wasn't fussed on the earlier MGS games - very overrated (like Halo, what a load of overhyped shite.)

This will shift LOADS of PS3s though.

It's a great game but looking at the vids it's gone a bit mental. I've never been a fan of the whole "giant walking robots" and "superfast ninjas" and "an actual vampire is in it" stuff. But as with Gears Of War, the gameplay made me love it (had enough of aliens, never want to hear the word aliens again, but the game was great).

Totally agree with you Jack. Fucking aliens - developers seem so lazy these days. I have no interest in sci-fi, aliens or any of that shite. Why has MGS gone down this route? It was fine how it was. Maybe it adds that bit of "mystery" to it.

The Japs will love all the new stuff though, they love wacky stuff.

Metal Gear online? Something about that sounds wrong. I can't see how it would work well online, too slow and too fiddly compared to the other shooters...

Actually the gameplay runs completely smoothly and with the new control set, the previews have been very positive. I have no doubt that this will play just as well online, as it does offline (minus all the cutscenes and codec transmissions).

Check out the Eurogamer preview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93022

Check it out for yourself (pre-order only) on April 21st!

MGS4PROPAGANDA.png

:COOL:

Back
Top Bottom