Manchester City Thread

City were absolutely superb that half, but it should be 2-2. Bizarre.

Also, De Bruyne is so good he can bounce assists off posts. Fantasy team captain. Oh yeah.

Will be interesting to see if City tire. This was always the way of Pep's Barca - utter domination for 60 minutes, 30 minutes of play acting, 'injuries' and cynical fouls to slow things down. That's why I never liked them.

Nolito was playing as if he's in the streets, he was really dumb tactically, keeping the ball with his head down. He'll be the first victim of Gabriel Jesus.

I'm excited for G.Jesus but Nolito knows what Pep wants. He has been very good so far, esp. for 13m. He works hard and gets goals and assists from midfield, as his 3 years at Celta has shown. Very good player to have in the squad.

KDB is amazo period....probably because Mou was present lol. I said it more then once Bravo is shite. Hart is better! Mutd chances came only by Bravo`s calamity. On the positive, Pep is bringing the fear factor to ManCity! let keep it real though it was a derby match form means f*all.

Kalechi's 1st European goal - a good landmark to reflect and give myself a pat on the back :)
Iheanacho is gonna be some player :ROCK:
Very impressive for a 17 yr old on his debut

Since that fateful trial game:
  • 1341 mins played
  • 16 goals
  • 7 assists
  • Goal every 84 mins
  • Goal/Assist every 58 mins
My boy done good :TU:

"Thank you, Godotelli"
3814312800000578-0-Kelechi_Iheanacho-m-66_1473358608308.jpg

Make that 17 goals and 8 assists now :LMAO: Imagine if he was English!

PS. Give De Bruyne the PL POTY award now. Game over, man, game over...

PPS. Someone needs to give Kolarov a drug test. The turnaround suggests he has taken all the drugs. Elite CB! :CONFUSE:

Just wanted to post that at the moment KDB is the best player of the league by a country mile...another splendid performance and Pep over themoon with him...great for Kevin.

Why doesn't he play better for our national team? Until the Euro's he was Always fantastic, but since then he is less good forsome reason...i think both Hazard and Kevin suffer from each other's presence...both should Always play, but they would be better off without the other...unless Martinez finds a way to play them both...

They both want to operate in the same spaces maybe?

BTW, according to the press, Pep is interested in bringing in Leon Bailey, who you've mentioned before.

He's great for Genk. If you compare his stats with KDB's, he is better (not saying he will be better),but it's too soon now. City should Lohan him out to a team like Ajax (who are interesten in him).

Guardiola is showing why he's considered a genius. In only a month he has completely changed the dinamic of the team and has built a winning machine. I know the recipe too well: controlling the ball, pressing high, thus putting the opponent at his own pitch. If City can grow during the season, the will win plenty of silverware and can be finally candidates to the European throne. That's what happens when you put in the bench someone who loves and lives for football 24 hours a day.
Watching City is like watching Barcelona without Messi. Is not the full package, of course, but it's getting there slowly.

De Bruyne will reach his full potential with him if he is focused on football and hungry. He can learn from Silva, too, and evolve into a complete player. Guardiola loves this kind of players. I'm not that sure about Sterling, I think he lacks skill and vision to fit perfectly into Pep system, but who knows, this is the PL and things are different.

Up to now, the only problem I can see in the team is that occasionally they loose tension and allow the opponent to get in the match. This can cost greatly if it's not solved. You need another Fernandinho to secure matches.

Guardiola is showing why he's considered a genius. In only a month he has completely changed the dinamic of the team and has built a winning machine. I know the recipe too well: controlling the ball, pressing high, thus putting the opponent at his own pitch. If City can grow during the season, the will win plenty of silverware and can be finally candidates to the European throne. That's what happens when you put in the bench someone who loves and lives for football 24 hours a day.
Watching City is like watching Barcelona without Messi. Is not the full package, of course, but it's getting there slowly.

De Bruyne will reach his full potential with him if he is focused on football and hungry. He can learn from Silva, too, and evolve into a complete player. Guardiola loves this kind of players. I'm not that sure about Sterling, I think he lacks skill and vision to fit perfectly into Pep system, but who knows, this is the PL and things are different.

Up to now, the only problem I can see in the team is that occasionally they loose tension and allow the opponent to get in the match. This can cost greatly if it's not solved. You need another Fernandinho to secure matches.

Completely agree with you regarding Sterling. If he can improve the speed of his decision making he may yet become a Guardiola player. I find that too often he receives the ball and takes too long to make a decision on whether to pass the ball or attack the defender. It needs to be almost instant, like KdB is currently showcasing. I suspect that Sane and Gabriel Jesus will eventually displace both him and Nolito.

His game is improving with regards to assists. He has 5 already. Hopefully his finishing improves, I'm sure it will, even if he'll never be a natural goalscorer. He has been excellent in 5 of his 6 games so far

Pep has done an awesome job so far, I didn't expect to see such obvious differences so soon. I think our fullbacks aren't ideal for him, esp when asked to move infield, but they're doing ok atm.

Great to see Aleix Garcia make his debut for us. Out of the 4 outfield lads promoted to the 1st team by Pep, Adarabioyo, Maffeo, Angelino, A.Garcia, he is the most ready imo. He has been amazing for the U18's/U21's. His long range passing is amazing, a very Alonso/Pirlo-esque DM. I think he used to be a RW but Vieira changed him to a sitting playmaker. Very calm 1st app.

You need another Fernandinho to secure matches.

Everyone needs a(nother) Fernandinho. Criminally underrated.

Plenty 'experts' and journos talked about him being sold when Guardiola arrived but it's no surprise to most City fans to see that Pep loves him.

Last edited:
I said Pep will be challenging this squad ,but I believe he`ll get a lot of credit at the end of the season. He`s already trying to win the match within 30min of the match.

Pep gets praised, Mou gets bashed. Regardless the representation , Pep did no different to what Mou did, they made it about them. Klopp was clever he didn't give an explanation just got rid of lol. One day he's there n the next he's not.

Mou made Basti train with the kids. Toure has been training with the 1st team, was involved in the friendlies and has actually played this season. Toure hasn't been forced out, with the manager saying if Toure wishes to stay he will be treated like everyone else. Pep is taking on a cancer in the game in an agent like Seluk. Not comparable.

Caballero
Zabaleta
Kompany :KING:
Stones
Clichy
A. Garcia
Fernando
Angelino
Navas
Sane
Iheanacho

Bench: Gunn, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Sagna, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Brahim Diaz

Good to see those back/involved. Would love it if Brahim gets on

edit:
Well Garcia was motm, really good display with his goal just the icing on the cake.

Brahim got 10mins

Kompany off after 90mins. Career over?

Last edited:
I really do worry for Kompany. This season is probably his only chance to prove he can consistently be available for selection before Pep makes a decision on him. He's a really likeable guy so I hope for his sake he can get past the injury issues.

Talking about your own players on a platform btw post match(heat of the moment) or a day before a match to a room of reporteros. It's subjective I suppose, I don't see him being a hero to fighting agents . I think Griesman shows more validity for representing himself after sacking his agent.

Mou having a senior player playing with the reserves is subjective too. The player himself didn't speak about it , but Bayern spoke of it publicly.

I like Pep very much, imo he's wrong. He doesn't have to answer every daft question. Did the agent apologize?

Bravo was exceptional today. Didn't have much to do in the GKing department but his distribution was flawless, short and long. He helped create so many opportunities in the final third but our AMs all had an off day, if only 1 or 2 had done better we could have won that game by a huge margin.

Think we missed Nolito.

Sterling with another goal, lovely stepover to break Naughton's ankles

KDB came off injured. Hope it was just an excuse to come off as he looked knackered, did so much running. 2 huge games before the international break. If we can win at Spurs - a team I think will cause Pep's system the most trouble along with LFC - that would have to be deflating for the other title contenders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom