Lost - The Final Season

Yes, my first comment was about a line of that episode and:

They did explain something, but only the background for me, still missing some solid facts for what the two are doing, specially in 'present days' with our losties.

I agree with Sauce. For me, that episode gave more questions than answers. Which is an odd thing to do considering it's so close to ending.

Yes, my first comment was about a line of that episode and:

They did explain something, but only the background for me, still missing some solid facts for what the two are doing, specially in 'present days' with our losties.

U know what jacob is there to do mate. The only question is about MIB who u know that
He aint the real brother. he is the smoke monster, his brother is dead

Jacob is dead and needs to chose another person to take up his mantel

Well for me, that was one - if not THE best episodes of Lost. It felt so grand, like a movie.

yes, it was more questions than answers, but it did explain a hell of a lot too. Things we don't know and probably won't now, is what made their 'mother' special? She obviously has some kind of powers (which she passed to Jacob) but why and what we may never know.

Like lots of little things that tied in, the stones, adam and eve, the dagger used to kill their mother, the water (which is what the pool was in the temple in that it can give life ,but infect you with 'the evil' - though for me, this was ruined a bit in the last episode with sayids selfless act.

Cant believe there are only 3 episodes left :( have to put up with hour of that twat iain lee next week too.

Some things that i still want explaining are...

1. Why is/was Arron so special
2. Same with walt too
3. What was the whole "we cannot harm each other" between widmore and ben that time when Ben broke into his room? Maybe they are brothers too? :LOL:

Anyways, absolutely gutted this is coming to an end.

Well for me, that was one - if not THE best episodes of Lost. It felt so grand, like a movie.

yes, it was more questions than answers, but it did explain a hell of a lot too. Things we don't know and probably won't now, is what made their 'mother' special? She obviously has some kind of powers (which she passed to Jacob) but why and what we may never know.

Like lots of little things that tied in, the stones, adam and eve, the dagger used to kill their mother, the water (which is what the pool was in the temple in that it can give life ,but infect you with 'the evil' - though for me, this was ruined a bit in the last episode with sayids selfless act.

Cant believe there are only 3 episodes left :( have to put up with hour of that twat iain lee next week too.

Some things that i still want explaining are...

1. Why is/was Arron so special
2. Same with walt too
3. What was the whole "we cannot harm each other" between widmore and ben that time when Ben broke into his room? Maybe they are brothers too? :LOL:

Anyways, absolutely gutted this is coming to an end.
Yup one of my favourite episodes too. all those people bitching about un-answered questions needs to wake up. not every single drip of info will get answered

The last episode was definitely not one of the best - it was more of a "filler" episode, one that needed to be there to explain a couple of things and make up the numbers, but with no real important things to add to the storyline. Disappointing really considering there's only 2 episodes left now.

Yup I agree. I had heard it
was going to explain a hell of a lot but it really only provided a tiny bit of backstory and left most of the questions still unanswered.

I mean now instead of wondering how Smokey and Jacob got there or why they are there... now we're left wondering who the woman was, what the lights all about etc.

With 2 episodes left I can't see them answering why Walt was special, why locke could see him on the island after Ben shot him, why Libby was in Hurley's mental asylum in the old real world flashbacks and why she had a boat to give to Desmond, why Jack's dad was on the ship when it exploded telling Michael 'he can go now' (because it explained who jack's dad was and there no way it could be who we now know it to be)

2 spidoes left.

1 where a lot of people die (hopefully Kate).
1 that ends with boring Jack and Smoke man sat on a beach

Fin

I think the unanswered questions are, to a certain extent, what has made Lost so intriguing over the years... The way there's been loads of talking points and bunches of theories about stuff in almost every episode - It just wouldn't be Lost if all the mysteries were explained, I wouldn't really complain or think any less of the show if they did, I just like the way it leaves a lot to speculate about.

I think we have to accept now that most of what we want answered is not going to be - which on one hand is intriguing, but on the other hand makes me angry that they put that much emotional attachment to some stories for the viewer - knowing that they would never resolve them.

Ben was pretty much an integral character for a few seasons, now reduced to background shots, Walt and Aaron have hardly been mentioned since they were called 'special', Farady was lining up to be a massive character (including his mum who looked to be one of the most important Lost characters) and that fizzled to nothing and what of Desmond? Obviously still alive somewhere, but wither his importance now with 2 (ok, 3 as the last part is 2 hours) episodes.

Shame... I kind of just want it to be over now so I can be angry at it! :LOL:

Lost - 616

Not bad.

A bit disappointed with Jacob's explaination. Too easy, but that's not dramatic. And why can they all see him now ?

If Richard is dead, that's ridiculous and I don't like how Ben has changed side for the 99th time on the show.
What I really need a answer to is
Desmond. We all knew he was the key of the story the moment we found out his existence but we need to see him in action, S2 finale style. But I'm pretty sure it's going to end badly.

For your info the series finale is this sunday.

7/10

At this point of the season, there shouldn't be any episodes that are 'not bad'. Quite disappointed to be honest. Let's hope the season finale is good enough to end the show, for some of us who have been watching this from the very beginning it's hard to believe we've been watching this for roughly 6 years!

Was listening to a Lost podcast (from the weekend I think) on the train yesterday and someone had seen the latest episode from the Lost Live in LA event.

They said it was superb, answered loads of questions and was actually quite a comical episode. Not sure with 3 episodes left its time to through in a comic one, but anyways she said it was really good?...

:LOL: The quality of these has gone downhill, but they still give me a smile.

tumblr_l2ojj3UouY1qzi80do1_500.jpg

tumblr_l2jnx1hRFL1qbzvxh

Sky will be showing the 2 1/2 hour finale at the same time as the US will air it.

That's me getting up at 5am on Monday then! :LOL:

Also:

Lost to Continue in Season Six DVD
by William Keck May 18, 2010 11:02 PM EST

Turns out two and a half hours just wasn't enough screen time for Lost producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to tell the whole story they wanted to tell us. An ABC source confirms to me that after Sunday’s series finale, titled "The End," airs from 9 – 11:30 pm ET/PT, the season six DVD (as well as the complete series collection, out on DVD and Blu-ray August 24) will continue the saga with upwards of twenty minutes of additional storyline.

“It’s in production now,” confirms the source, who couldn’t yet confirm the actual running time of the new scenes. “Damon and Carlton wanted to offer fans answers to additional questions they couldn’t get to in the body of the final show.”

Lindelof and Cuse have also ordered up some spectacular packaging that should make the DVDs a must-purchase for show fans. And for those of you who have completely abandoned hope of any happily-ever-afters for these poor lost souls following the recent string of island casualties, Sonja Walger, whose lucky Penny turns up in the finale, offers us a ray of hope. When I asked her to tell me who gets the best ending, she said, “We all do and you’ll see why.”

Could there perhaps be light at the end of Jacob's tunnel of light?

I've just thought of another question I want answering, what was with Ilana seeing Jacob in the hospital and Jacob said it's time for her to help. What happened in the previous meeting then?

-----

A really good idea of how Lost will finish:

I could go on with this but perhaps it’s better to wait for after the finale since we still have 2½ hours to get more answers. Using this same line of thinking though, it’s also possible to figure out what’s most likely going to happen in “The End.” Since Lost has remained true to its own mythology, it’s very possible to predict events. In “Lost In Myth: Unwrapping ‘The Package,’” I wrote that Desmond would likely turn out to be the failsafe, and therefore:

My guess is that just as Desmond destroyed the Swan station, he will somehow destroy the island, leading to it being underwater as we saw at the start of the season. Just as the Swan station had to be destroyed to prevent the energy pocket from destroying the island, now the island must be destroyed to prevent Smokey from destroying the world.

Widmore had said that Desmond would have to make a sacrifice for the island. We know that he can stand electromagnetism. We know that the “light” at the heart of the island is actually this same electromagnetism. So, putting two and two together it seems logical to conclude that Desmond will need to go down into the source of the light (led to by Jack) where he will absorb the energy and be able to fight Smokey. Having the opposite polarity of the black smoke monster (perhaps he will be a white smoke monster or light-being), once the two forces use their full powers against each other, it will cause a rift in time that will blow all the remaining Losties away to Kingdom Come and send the island back in times where it will finally sink. With the island destroyed and thrown back in time, it never existed in 2004. So all the influence it had is changed, creating the parallel timeline we’ve seen in the flash-sideways. However, since fate has a way of course correcting, certain things still need to come together. This is what Desmond is doing in the flash-sideways world. If he does not do these things, this timeline will not be stable and will collapse—see Donnie Darko for more on this concept.

http://thelaymansanswerstoeverything.com/2010/05/20/lost-in-myth-understanding-“what-they-died-for”/

Some good theories on the last episode, and what it might mean for the finale:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/were_very_close_to_the_end_the.html

Last edited by a moderator:
he will absorb the energy and be able to fight Smokey.

This is gonna be epic awesomeness specially if they show the fight! Just imagining that gets me excited...
but I doubt its going this way, I mean showing the fight of course, but him destroying smokey seems quite plausible.

DVD with extra footage... so they're now holding back the answers to some questions to get us to buy that?

bullocks to that

Ahhh yes but it does kind of look like they were just going along and then thought "Shit we didn't explian anything the last few series when we were too busy doing stupid shit!'

Ahhh just put it on the dvd as an extra.. i doubt anyone cares about most of the storylines we've done seeing as we didn;t give two shits about them when we wrote them

I said to my missus yesterday that if they did a special box set with some nice packaging (i.e. perhaps some models or some shit), then I'd buy it and watch the whole thing back again and have it as something to keep.

I think that says a lot about the series, that it has been something I want to remember into the future.

Back
Top Bottom