LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)

The first time he stood still and it let him be.

The second time locke ran and it attacked him

Could be a metaphore of some sort. IE the smoke could represent a person's past. if they stay and face it without fear, they live. if they run, they die.

And notice we see stuff getting 'sucked' as opposed to getting crushed or eaten. The pilot, Shannon in Boone's dream and the other apperances. Stuff seems to fly upwards.

embraceuk1 said:
Another great episode but why didnt they ask them more questions?.
You will understand later.

Yes... i thought both Jack and Locke would be spitting questions.. i mean who wouldnt!?
Great episode though... beginning to like Jack more and more.

Top episode, i'm gripped! The preview for the next episode was interesting too, although sadly it showed no progress following the storylines in this episode.

Jack is really good, gotta feel for him with the "miracle worker" tag and naturally drifting apart from his missus who cheated on him. It shows that he doesn't want to have kissed Kate then see her go off with Sawyer.

The bearded man in the jungle was a tense moment, i was surprised to see him! The power those guys obviously have is pretty disturbing, i can see another survivor dying before the series is out perhaps? They surely won't last long before killing an unwanted visitor...

I believe the "Others" are training in an underground bunker not too dis-similar to the Hatch, a base with computers hence Walt's JungleMSN convos and Michael's clear path to a single place. But what is twisting my melons right now is are the Bearded Guy & Crew actually part of The Others? Maybe they're two different clans, maybe who stay out of each others way, or not.

If not an underground bunker, maybe another island? It would explain why the kidnappers were out at sea

proxi said:
Top episode, i'm gripped! The preview for the next episode was interesting too, although sadly it showed no progress following the storylines in this episode.

Jack is really good, gotta feel for him with the "miracle worker" tag and naturally drifting apart from his missus who cheated on him. It shows that he doesn't want to have kissed Kate then see her go off with Sawyer.

The bearded man in the jungle was a tense moment, i was surprised to see him! The power those guys obviously have is pretty disturbing, i can see another survivor dying before the series is out perhaps? They surely won't last long before killing an unwanted visitor...

I believe the "Others" are training in an underground bunker not too dis-similar to the Hatch, a base with computers hence Walt's JungleMSN convos and Michael's clear path to a single place. But what is twisting my melons right now is are the Bearded Guy & Crew actually part of The Others? Maybe they're two different clans, maybe who stay out of each others way, or not.

If not an underground bunker, maybe another island? It would explain why the kidnappers were out at sea

Good speculating. I totally wasn't expecting those guys to appear, shocked me when they did. I thought it was Jacks dad at first!

A superb episode once again. Man I love this show!

Great epeisode but yet again it leaves us with more questions than answers, Im with you proxi on there being two sets of others judging from ekes responce "that a intresting theory jack" it has to be, Im guessing Zeke was one of the original scientists on the island....!?

Also i picked up on Lockes interest in Sawyers reason for the name change, if i remember correctly wasn't Locke's dad called Sawyer, or have some relation to the name Sawyer? I can't remember on that one but my mind clicked

When Jack and his miracle bird were splitting up, did you notice his father acting strange, especially when walking in on a quiet moment between Jack and the old patient's daughter? He said "not interrupting anything am i?", and after seeing the finale of the flashbacks i instantly thought

Jacks Dad & Jacks Wife = Having It Off!

It'd explain why Jack was so angry with him. Who knows..

Now i like that idea Jack would seriously be pissed at that...!

As for the Sawyer name thing i dont thinks thats a biggie as Lockes the only one who calls Hurley his real name Hugo!

proxi said:

I think Ethan is from their group, because the bearded guy goes "haha nice theory" when Jack says they had to implant a spy. Goodwin im not sure about yet.

I think that there is only one group, and that they are also in a underground hatch, i think the company may have abandond them years ago, and left them to survive for themselves.

One question tho, why didnt the other open the hatch that lock found?

Maybe the others didnt know about the other hatch before lock found it, so thats could be a posibility why the others never opened the hatch for themselves?

Im happy that there are more unanswerd questions, as i felt that a lot had been explained lately and more questions needed to be asked to keep it as gripping as it is.

Bit annoyed that Jack didnt ask zek more questions, but hey makes me wanna watch more to find out more.

The reason Jack was pissed with his father was that he killed a patient whist drunk, and fucked off to Australia.

proxi said:
Also i picked up on Lockes interest in Sawyers reason for the name change, if i remember correctly wasn't Locke's dad called Sawyer, or have some relation to the name Sawyer? I can't remember on that one but my mind clicked

Sawyer was the name of the man that conned his parents out of their money and had an affair with his mom. His dad killed her and himself after that. The reason Sawyer went to Australia in the first place was to kill the man he thought was Sawyer, but it turned out not it wasn't him.

Aye i know about the Sawyer history, cheers mate I just had an odd feeling i'd seen something somewhere. Never mind, it's just the show being Paul McKenna in disguise

What a way to end the episode though....

J: Sayid tells me you used to be a cop?

AL: Yeah i was....why?

J: How long do you think it would take to train an army? DUM! (thats the best i could do for the noise that ends the episodes!)

Such a quality ending IMO.

lasts nights episode was ok nothing realy interesting happened and why didnt he destroy the objects the whole drug thing gets boring.

Tha Actor who is jack says its going to turn into the lord of the flies with noone trusting anyone.

Bit of a filler episode i thought no real story progression really, well non of the interesting elements of the lost story anyway.

I expect to see a few more episodes very similar to this over the next few weeks tbh, mid seasons are usual full of filler episodes.

Anyone think charlie will join the others now that he is a bit of an outcast?

It's possible although i've heard someone else has been confirmed as an Other, read spoiler below to find out

Hugo's fancypiece, i'm too sloshed tonight to remember her name

I really didn't mind this latest episode, Charlie was a bit badly treated by the group as a whole, personally . No-one really gave him a chance to prove himself, i would've smacked Locke back if i was Charlie and when Locke got described as the "bald wanker" i nearly soaked my pants.

I think after the two-week break which we have now till Episode 13, there'll be a bigger emphasis on the story leading upto the season finale.

dunno about that, cant see that person being one of the others, but you never know, gutted i have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode, did anyone think Charlies mothers accent was terrible too, and that house was too clean to be a house in the 80's in the north of england too ;).

Thought this week episode was a bit of a let down after last week belter!

I hate filler episodes, no relevance to the main story i really did think Lost was above this! Im guessing if they try and strech the series any longer we are going to see alot more of these ep's Anyhow Hugo lady is called Libby, and cant be a other as she was on the plane or can she...?

I didnt really hate it, but it annoyed me that we didnt learn anything new. I kinda feel sorry for Charlie though.

Ecko and Hurley remain to be the best characters:D

I did feel sorry for Charlie, Locke was being a bit of an arse. Feel its going to be hard for Charlie to get back in with the group tho I'd expect it to happen sooner or later. Two weeks to wait again what a load of BS.

Back
Top Bottom