Liverpool ALLOWED to defend CL title...

It's not quite as bad if that's the case then, I thought someone was going to be relegated to the UEFA Cup because of this.

They haven't announced seeding details yet, whether Liverpool will be seeded or not in the qualifiers and group stage. If they're seeded in the groups they'll be in pot 1, which moves the bottom team currently in pot 1 down into pot 2, and the bottom team in pot 2 down into pot 3, etc, so it does affect more than just Fenerbahce.

ClassicD said:
It's not quite as bad if that's the case then, I thought someone was going to be relegated to the UEFA Cup because of this.

They haven't announced seeding details yet, whether Liverpool will be seeded or not in the qualifiers and group stage. If they're seeded in the groups they'll be in pot 1, which moves the bottom team currently in pot 1 down into pot 2, and the bottom team in pot 2 down into pot 3, etc, so it does affect more than just Fenerbahce.

liverpool will be top seed in every stage, this is normal as the holders are allocated it anyway, if liverpool hadn't have been let in then all the seeded teams would have been moved up one place as there'd be no title holder, which could still happen if they get knocked out

rockykabir posted a link to bert kassies site which explains the seedings, all the teams in the group pots with stars next to them have to play in the qualifiers and could be knocked out and replaced by teams with a lower coefficient though so nothing is for certain at the moment

also this page on uefa's site shows how many slots each country is allocated, nothing has changed apart from england getting an extra place for next season

Bullshit decision, they didnt earn this spot, so what if they won the cup, the rules state you need to place in the top 4, which they didnt. So they should suffer because of it, now the UEFA is a complete joke, they break there own rules, how nice.

That's kind of my thinking too ;).

All these other teams based their future plans on the fact Liverpool wouldn't be in the competition, because the rules state they shouldn't be in the competition (The FA saying they wouldn't chuck out Everton isn't a recent thing). UEFA change the rules, Liverpool are in, and everything changes.

no you mean your in the CL defending your title has got hardly anything to with it! Now that weve established no team will lose out with Liverpools inclusuion can city please have a UEFA cup spot now please Classic....?;)

I'm fucking made up we are back in!!!!! :applause: :lmao:

We'll win it again next season. And you can take that to the bank! \\:o/

ZZZZ..

jamie_mack said:
Now that weve established no team will lose out with Liverpools inclusuion can city please have a UEFA cup spot now please Classic....?;)
Man City didn't finish in a position to earn that spot, and England already have an extra team in the CL, this way their overall European count remains the same.

Last edited:
Well if it isn't old dan the man!!!!..........How r u?

If fenerbache have to take the long route, then I have to say that is unfair.

rupert wilson. said:
If fenerbache have to take the long route, then I have to say that is unfair.

They dont they have been promoted to the group stages! As for the right balance thats aload of rubbish what about the extra teams you could get from the Inter two bob cup and the fair play league!

kingpug said:
Bullshit decision, they didnt earn this spot, so what if they won the cup, the rules state you need to place in the top 4, which they didnt. So they should suffer because of it, now the UEFA is a complete joke, they break there own rules, how nice.

so you're saying that finishing 4th in the league, over 30 points behind the champions is worth more than winning the european cup?

thats bullshit, whoever wins it deserves to defend it, uefa had given the countries with 4 slots power to enter the winners if they finish outside the top 4 with 4th dropping to the uefa cup so the fa could have entered liverpool without breaking any rules, instead they gambled knowing that uefa would be under pressure from sponsors/the media if they didn't award a place to liverpool

if anyone is to blame for all this then it's the fa for either not having the bottle to drop everton or thinking that our league is so great it deserves an extra slot which it doesn't, at least if it happens again the rules have been changed now so the holders go through

They still worked harder in the league to achive a stronger position in a competition that lasted 38 matches. Everton that is. The rules before the change also stated that the top 4 teams get CL, not the 5th team. It was a shaky rule, and UEFA handled it poorly.

It's a good decision to try to fix the error in that format, I think.

Back
Top Bottom