Lami's PES 2012 Playtest - Q&A

I didn't notice anyone asking one important question yet.

Did you notice when you played against the top difficulty that the AI had better stats like in 11?
For example Iniesta pushing you off the ball when controlling drogba and such, or is the AI at last just better in playing and intelligence like it always should be?
I haven't noticed it much mate but I'm not too sure so I won't give you a definite answer. Sorry about that mate. But I guess if it was something too obvious then I would've noticed it.
one question,can we challange the keeper for high crosses? its been missing from every football game and yet is realistic although 90% a foul is given in favour of the keeper but still be a nice feature
Nope haven't seen any players challenging GKs still. I want it in too.
Great work Lami, take a bow son.... :)

Thanks Jimmy.

What Jesus Navas!! Lami thank you I went striaght to my questions and you answered enough to keep me pleased I'll get to the rest at another time as I am absorbing the gamescom feed. Thank you again mate you have done too much here imo

I haven't noticed it much mate but I'm not too sure so I won't give you a definite answer. Sorry about that mate. But I guess if it was something too obvious then I would've noticed it.

Nope haven't seen any players challenging GKs still. I want it in too.

Thanks Jimmy.

thans for answering Lami,dunno why they cant add in the ability to challange keepers for high crosses,somebody needs to mention this to the big konami men

Hopefully we can do that once the feedback thread is opened :)

Wanted to mention something I remembered, if anyone cares that is, no more unlocking pillows, barrels and bonbons. They're all replaced with classic balls now, 30's-50's classic that is.

Hopefully we can do that once the feedback thread is opened :)

Wanted to mention something I remembered, if anyone cares that is, no more unlocking pillows, barrels and bonbons. They're all replaced with classic balls now, 30's-50's classic that is.

Nice touch ;)

Thought I'd just post this here since its my impressions and all, and easier for people to find instead of skimming through the discussion thread; Long throws performed by players with a long throw skill card are actually useful now compared to 2011's, where it didn't look any different when played by any player whether he has the skill card or not.

Delap ftw!

Thanks guys :)

Well I've literally spent all day from 10am-1am testing and answering questions.

i'm unsure this has been asked/answered but i'm curious to know about the tackling situation, like in last pes you could do a perfectly good slide tackle and take ball cleanly and the cpu/opponent still gets the free kick, have the fixed this or improved in any way?

Hey Lami,

Thanks for all the info!

I had a quick question which I couldn't locate in the Q&A. In PES2011, when the CPU played a through ball, the last defender that you control could never make a pass with their first touch and would need to bring the ball under control before you could do something with it.

So for example, CPU plays through pass, I'm running onto the ball and press X to make the pass with my first touch but instead the player runs onto the ball and brings it under control and only then will my button presses register...

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks

i'm unsure this has been asked/answered but i'm curious to know about the tackling situation, like in last pes you could do a perfectly good slide tackle and take ball cleanly and the cpu/opponent still gets the free kick, have the fixed this or improved in any way?
In my experience most of the tackles made and called for were spot on, even the standing tackles. I was sceptical about them really after watching a gameplay vid where a clean slide tackle resulted in a PK. But didn't happen in my code. I hope it stays this way though.

But again mate, about 10 games isn't enough to judge this, and we know it. From all my years in PES experience, you'd see the weirdest GK movements and refereeing when playing more and more PES.
Hey Lami,

Thanks for all the info!

I had a quick question which I couldn't locate in the Q&A. In PES2011, when the CPU played a through ball, the last defender that you control could never make a pass with their first touch and would need to bring the ball under control before you could do something with it.

So for example, CPU plays through pass, I'm running onto the ball and press X to make the pass with my first touch but instead the player runs onto the ball and brings it under control and only then will my button presses register...

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks

I think I did answer that mate but no worries. I definitely know what you're talking about as it used to be a nuisance for me in 2011 sometimes. I had no problems whatsoever playing one-touch passes under any situation in 2012, whether defending or attacking. Most of the time though, I'd clear the ball. That's how I play :)

Last edited:
Did the slide tackles feel different? Judging from the videos it looks like new animation and maybe a tweaked how they work, how long you slide and such.

Oh, and Y U NO MENTION RUNNING BUG?!

Did the slide tackles feel different? Judging from the videos it looks like new animation and maybe a tweaked how they work, how long you slide and such.

Oh, and Y U NO MENTION RUNNING BUG?!

You crazy man.

About sliding tackles, I can't remember them being different mate. I've done a few of course but I mostly depend on standing tackles. So I'm not really sure if they were varied. I remember back on the PS2 we had different slide tackles depending on situation or maybe if someone had the sliding tackle ability. I wish they bring that back.

Hi there. Do you know if it is possible to select the match ball for online 1v1 and in league games? I really got sick of always playibg with that hideous PES ball in MLO in pes 2011 and in ranked matches.

Thanks

In my experience most of the tackles made and called for were spot on, even the standing tackles. I was sceptical about them really after watching a gameplay vid where a clean slide tackle resulted in a PK. But didn't happen in my code. I hope it stays this way though.

But again mate, about 10 games isn't enough to judge this, and we know it. From all my years in PES experience, you'd see the weirdest GK movements and refereeing when playing more and more PES.

I think I did answer that mate but no worries. I definitely know what you're talking about as it used to be a nuisance for me in 2011 sometimes. I had no problems whatsoever playing one-touch passes under any situation in 2012, whether defending or attacking. Most of the time though, I'd clear the ball. That's how I play :)

Sweet! Thanks for clearing that up Lami!

A few questions:

• Did you actually had to abuse sprinting while defending?

• So much was said about pacient build up, but can you actually BUILD a defensive structure and stop the opponent's tempo?

I've seen ball holders resist effectively a defender that tries to stop them by illegal means. According to the videos, ball holders often struggle and often win. So, were you able to make tactical fouls (when your team is all over the place and you foul the opponent so your players can get back into position)?

Thanks.

This is a boss thread. One of the best! One question that might be answered but I haven't picked up on, are the superhuman clearances when pressing circle still in there?

A few questions:

• Did you actually had to abuse sprinting while defending?
I've used more R2 than sprinting but yes I did have to sprint to catch up with the cpu sometimes. Not sure I'd call that abusing though.

• So much was said about pacient build up, but can you actually BUILD a defensive structure and stop the opponent's tempo?
I've not done that myself but when Australia parked the bus I had a hard time cracking their defense.

I've seen ball holders resist effectively a defender that tries to stop them by illegal means. According to the videos, ball holders often struggle and often win. So, were you able to make tactical fouls (when your team is all over the place and you foul the opponent so your players can get back into position)?

Thanks.
Yes :) As most of my tackles are standing tackles, I've done quite a lot of them, and the cpu has done just that as well, especially Milan.

This is a boss thread. One of the best! One question that might be answered but I haven't picked up on, are the superhuman clearances when pressing circle still in there?
Hmmm... If you mean that clearances fly all the way past the half way line then, yes.

No subs by the CPU? That's not good, maybe something that's added in later code though?

It's not something I'd worry about really. I didn't think it mattered back then since it's an old code and was never an issue before. Imagine retail with no subs :LOL:

Probably it's just me though. Try asking Rod or Rom, or whoever has the game now.

I don't keep up to date with everything new in games anymore, so please forgive me for this stupid question. Is there an option for fully manual passing and shooting like in Fifa now, or did I miss read something?

For fully manual passing you'd have to use manual passing assistance and also L2+x.

The PC demo is out btw so grab it :)

Back
Top Bottom