L.A. Noire

Re: L.A. Noire (PS3 & 360)

Damn! That looks fantastic. Thats got to be the best and most convincing facial animation system and acting seen in a game.

Very impressive, and yes they use a very different facial animation system to most games, they actually mocap the voice actors as they're speaking their lines in the sound studio and then implement that onto the character models :)

Yes i'm having some of this.

Hopefully there's some proper 1930's type gangsters who say stuff like.

"Why i ordda"! and "dis guy's a schmuck".

There's not enough of that in games.

Looks heavily inspired by LA Confidential, very nice facial animations and music.

Yes, great facial tech, I read some time ago in a preview how they did it and was very interesting.

http://gameinformer.com/games/la_noire/b/xbox360/archive/2010/11/11/l-a-noire-preview.aspx

lanoire1111j.jpg

Quite a few people have said that. Don't think so personally. The nose isn't bulbous enough and the face is a bit too square. That's the sort of stuff that could be touched up a bit but I don't think it sounds like him either

Absolutely amazing. A new level of developing games, and a new level of making games. Really this can only point towards more matures scripts, right? Now there'sno excuse, they can TRULY express emotions in a realistic way.

One of the most amazings advancements in videogaming in the last 5 years for me.

It is stunning. No doubt Rockstar will develop this for the forthcoming GTA V in 2012, too.

It is stunning. No doubt Rockstar will develop this for the forthcoming GTA V in 2012, too.
Yup - I'm not particularly bothered about this L.A. Noire game but the cutscenes in the next GTA should be brilliant with this technology :).

Added to my to buy list. It's great that they have just added the actors like-for-like, also saw the dad from Fringe.

Still curious how the actual gameplay will be, but can see it being a bit like Heavy Rain meets GTA, which is promising.

The expressions and microscopic attention to detail is astonishing! This is how I imagined next-gen... Finally!

finally, i may actually make use of my game consoles

these are the type of games i have been waiting for

According to Team Bondi’s Brendan McNamara, L.A. Noire will feature more than two full days of dialogue. Presumably it also features subtitles and a skip button, or there goes half the audience.

“We captured over 50 hours worth of dialogue in total, all using MotionScan — it’s equivalent to about two full seasons of a TV show,” McNamara told IGN.

Thankfully, it seems you won’t be sitting through an identical fifty hours of waffling every time you want to explore 1947 Los Angeles.

“Each case has its own twists and turns depending on the choices you make, leading you down different paths on your way to cracking the case, giving you plenty of reasons to jump back in and replay the game.

Last edited:

Indeed, not sure what game I'm most eager for, Arkham City, L.A. Noire, Elder Scrolls 5 or Fight Night Champion, some really good games due this year :)

I would add The last guardina to that list, though we don't even have an official release date. But LA Noire is the top of my list.

What appears to be a leaked LA Noire trailer, officially supposed to be revealed this coming Monday, has confirmed the game will be releasing on May 17, 2011.

The trailer’s since been pulled by Take Two. The trailer officially releases on Monday.

The footage gives new details on the game’s plot, which is shown to be about a serial killer hunt.

The Team Bondi title, already infamous for its groundbreaking facial animation, will release for PS3 and 360.

Back
Top Bottom