Juventus Thread

Alex Del Piero has broken Gaetano Scirea’s Juventus appearance record :w00t:

The gifted hitman is no stranger to honours, but becoming the Bianconeri’s all-time appearance leader irrevocably cements his place in calcio’s Hall of Fame. However hard they try, the media can’t question this achievement. Del Piero’s name has become synonymous with Italian football and his legacy is assured.

For my generation it is hard to imagine a Juventus without Del Piero. After 15 years in the Bianconeri jersey, the Padova youth product embodies the indomitable spirit of the Old Lady. With the game full of prima donnas and flashes in the pan, Del Piero stands out as a man with a powerful love of the game and his club.

While it would be easy to list a catalogue of Alex’s glorious moments, the true measure of the man surfaced after the Calciopoli scandal. Faced with the prospect of Serie B football, many stars would have baulked. Instead, Del Piero stepped up and topped the Capocannoniere chart.

Granted, his career may be winding down, but a recent poll revealed that the majority of Italians want to see Del Piero in the Azzurri shirt at Euro 2008. Glory in Austria and Switzerland would be a fitting international swansong for a great servant to the Italian game.

Grazie, my beloved Capitano :DD

I see you don't write anymore in this thread,so I revive it...

We are back to Champions League with Del Piero the top goalscorer of Serie A...Amauri seems to be our first transfer.12M + Nocerino for 4 years!!!

Before Momo had his eye injury and before the arrival of Mascherano, Alonso's partnership with Sissoko for us was really good.
I'm confident if you buy Alonso you'd boss most midfields in Serie A with him and Sissoko in the middle, I would be very disappointed in Rafa if he sold our best passer of the ball to you.

I have to admit Del Piero has played fantastic football this year, and by getting the topscorer reward is another thing to celebrate about our 'capitano'. He seems to be getting better every year, despite getting older!

We did have some trouble in defense, relying on legrotaglie (SP?) was a bad idea however, Ranieri had little choice when Andrade was out, Criscito was on loan and many other injuries. My opinion on Sissoko has also changed, I thought he'd be a flop with Juve, but I guess players who are very physical do well with Juve (Emerson, Vieira, Zanetti). So we have had a lot of bad luck this season, but we managed to grab a great spot up in 3rd place.

I haven't managed to watch every game this season, which is a shame but I still check out the games and goals. So excuse me if I got any information wrong here.

And what do you guys think about Xabi Alonso with Juve? Some LFC fans think he's good/bad but I don't know what to think really. Any opinions?

I have to admit Del Piero has played fantastic football this year, and by getting the topscorer reward is another thing to celebrate about our 'capitano'. He seems to be getting better every year, despite getting older!

We did have some trouble in defense, relying on legrotaglie (SP?) was a bad idea however, Ranieri had little choice when Andrade was out, Criscito was on loan and many other injuries. My opinion on Sissoko has also changed, I thought he'd be a flop with Juve, but I guess players who are very physical do well with Juve (Emerson, Vieira, Zanetti). So we have had a lot of bad luck this season, but we managed to grab a great spot up in 3rd place.

I haven't managed to watch every game this season, which is a shame but I still check out the games and goals. So excuse me if I got any information wrong here.

And what do you guys think about Xabi Alonso with Juve? Some LFC fans think he's good/bad but I don't know what to think really. Any opinions?
Alonso would be a great signing for Juventus. He is a completely different midfielder to who you currently have because he is a playmaker. A couple of seasons ago, Alonso and Sissoko formed a very balanced and effective partnership in the centre of the Liverpool midfield. If Alonso does play with Sissoko in the centre of the Juventus midfield, they might turn out to be even better than they were at Liverpool.

Yeah that would be excellent, especially if they can do it in the Serie A. Thanks for the info on Alonso though, I look forward to seeing him play if he signs.

Looks like there's some rumors that David Trezeguet could be going to Barcelona over the summer according to Channel4. I hope they are false, and I don't think it will happen after I read last week Trez will be staying.

damn, poor andrade... such a quality player and he's again injured
bad for him, for portugal and for you guys. just hope he can still come back after this

As said above, horrible news for Andrade.

Now about Juventus, I'm quite disappointed about signing Poulson instead of Xabi. I know Xabi costed a lot more but he brings more quality and creativity to the midfield while Poulson is great mentally and is physically stronger. However, I still believe Xabi is much better at passing, shooting, long balls. We already have Sissoko for the amazing slide tackles and challenges, and adding Poulson will just be an extension, I'm not saying they are the exact same player (poulson and Sissoko) but they are very similar, while having Xabi + Sissoko can be a perfect partnership.

On the other hand, I think Juve have a tough season forthcoming, and we need to keep our minds together and go for a high league finish, and go as far as we can in the Champions League.

Forza Juve!

Juve v Zenit on Wednesday evening, I will be watching this at 2 AM roughly. A great return for Juve, I'm delighted to see us play in Europe and I hope we can take 3 points home. Zenit are tough team to crack down on, and we will need to close them down, and score as soon as we can.

Richard Key's on Sky asked wether Alex Del Piero has been copying C Ronaldo? - no he's been doing it for about 15 years.

Idiot!!!

I laughed it off, I was watching the highlights on ESPN and I heard that. There's a difference between scoring one free kick every 20 games, and scoring a free kick consistently for many years.

Del Piero = Legend

Back
Top Bottom