Juventus Thread

Yes it is, what I fear will happen now: Milan will win the scudetto. When they win on wednesday they'll have 2 points on Roma and 5 points on Juve!

Moggi buy a defender! or a a new centre midfielder!

Hmmm 3-3, happy for Trez but this was an integral chance to get back up there, nevermind as there is still a lot of football to be played, Lippi insists we do not need any new personel but it is eveident we are crying out for a defender as we hance never leaked so many goals.IMO Miccoli should always start as he is so tricky and quick as Camo is good but not as clinical.Only time will tell and lets hope Milan slip up this week but ones things for sure, it's gonna be a hard fought battle all the way to end of the season.

Li amiamo Juve e crediamo in voi

As we regroup, I have some rreassuring news

Juventus say they are confident that star striker David Trezeguet will sign an extension to his current contract.

Reports last week claimed that a deal was close after director general Luciano Moggi met with Trezeguet’s agent, his father Jorge, to start talks.

"There are no problems," said the transfer guru. "It was a friendly meeting in which we laid the foundations so that David can stay here for many years to come."

It’s believed that Trezeguet, whose current deal ends in 2005, is set to sign until 2008 even if pen has yet to be put to paper.

"It is a delicate contract," added Moggi. "Trezeguet is a great player but we are still ironing out some details."

The former Monaco man had stated earlier this month that he was keen to sort out his future after he witnessed what happened to Edgar Davids recently.

"This won’t be another Davids situation," maintained Moggi. "We will close the deal soon. Trezeguet isn’t and won’t be a problem."

Davids, who only had six months left on his contract, was dropped and then released to Barcelona after he failed to agree terms with Juventus over a new deal.

Trezeguet, a target for Chelsea, Arsenal and Barca, is set to see his £1m a year salary increased to £1.7m, with additional bonus-related payments.

His form seems to have also improved with this significant step over his future as he netted a hat-trick against Empoli yesterday

Vialli blasts drug inquest

Former Italy international Gianluca Vialli hit out on Monday at an investigation into whether Juventus managers administered banned drugs, saying players were being made to feel they had something to hide.

"Various soccer players have come (to this trial) and have felt they were being treated almost as though they were guilty, as if they had something to hide," Vialli told prosecutors during a hearing in Turin.

Former Chelsea manager Vialli was joined in court by world footballer of the year Zinedine Zidane who reiterated that he had taken the legal performance-enhancing drug creatine while at Juventus.

Juventus general manager Antonio Giraudo and club doctor Riccardo Agricola are accused of administering banned drugs to players between 1994 and 1998. Both have denied the allegations.

"I only took creatine at Juventus. I didn't take it before in France nor do I take it now in Spain," Zidane told the trial which started in January 2002.

Zidane said he had also taken iron and vitamins at Juventus, sometimes intravenously.

"They're useful if you're playing 70 matches a year," he said.

Zidane, a World Cup winner with France in 1998, played for Juventus from 1996 until 2001 when he joined Real Madrid. Last year he told a newspaper he had taken creatine at Juventus.

Creatine is an amino acid which occurs naturally in the body and plays a key role in muscle contraction. It is not on the IOC list of banned drugs but its use is outlawed by some federations and various players and coaches say it should be banned.

In the past, Agricola has said there is public confusion as to whether creatine, vitamins and amino acids are legal but that it would be "a crime not to use them because the body needs to regain equilibrium after heavy exercise".

In October, an Italian pharmacologist told the trial that Juventus had a store containing 281 medicines with at least five prohibited anti-inflammatory drugs.

A number of past and present Juventus players have already appeared as witnesses in the case, including former European Player of the Year Roberto Baggio, AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi and current Juve defender, Uruguayan Paolo Montero.

Vialli was a key part of Juve's 1996 European Cup winning team before moving to Chelsea and he is now a television commentator in Italy.

If found guilty, Giraudo and Agricola could face six to eight months in prison.

Noted Fear said:
I think Roma will easily win it..

1. Milan

1. Arsenal
hahaha... why is reyes covering his face, he doesnt wanna go to highbury?

anyway, i like roma more than i do juve, soo lets hope for a roma 3 pointer

-azn

Moggi Still Trying To Take Stam and Stankovic To Juve

Moggi has not given up on them
01/29/2004. Luciano Moggi, in these past days, has been trying to convince Lazio to sell Stam and Stankovic to Juventus, even though the biancocelesti players seem destined towards Inter.

Juve's general director is ready to offer Miccoli, Jimenez and Maresca for the two Lazio players and this might entice Mancini into accepting this offer.

With two days left before the closure of the January transfer market, all eyes are now on Inter to see what their next move will be.

Noo.... not Miccoli!! I'd rather have Miccoli then both Stam and Stankovic. Although Stam and Stankovic could be usefull at the moment for Juve. But only if they're bought during this transfer window, in the summer i would buy different and young players.

Can i just suggest less of the 1.Milan in here. Just a suggestion you know else ill get card happy.
Oh and that includes 1.Arsenal as well.

Thanks for that Boro, shame u did not get card happy but more Juve news guys.

Italian champions Juventus have allowed three of their squad players to join new clubs on loan for the rest of the season.

Youth team star Ruben Olivera has joined Atletico Madrid after failing to break into Marcello Lippi’s plans.

The Uruguayan international, a talented midfielder, has agreed a deal with the Spanish side until 30 June 2004.

Meanwhile, Perugia have struck a deal with the Bianconeri in order to get their hands on Salvatore Fresi and Marcelo Zalayeta.

Fresi, a defender, was wanted by a host of clubs but Perugia have swooped. While Zalayeta joins due to the stiff striking competition from Trezeguet, Del Piero, Miccoli and Di Vaio.

Unconfirmed reports also suggest that Juventus will add to their squad before tomorrow’s transfer deadline.

Parma midfielder Manuele Blasi (pictured) is set to be recalled from his loan period to replace the departed Edgar Davids.

However, he won’t be available to play immediately as he is currently banned until April after failing a dope test.

Even if the former Perugia man is appealing in an attempt to get his six-month suspension reduced.

ciao for now.

I still don't think Juve will get anyone.

About the loans:
Olivera; good for him he can play, he's a great talent.
Fresi; We don't need him
Zalayeta; Good for him, but Juve might regret this if we don't get anyone.

metallica said:
Boro said:
Can i just suggest less of the 1.Milan in here. Just a suggestion you know else ill get card happy.
Oh and that includes 1.Arsenal as well.

yea come on calm it down there are rules u no

Would you please type proper English.
Would you also please be less of a suck-up.

Back
Top Bottom