Just Cause 2

Re: Just Cause 2 [PC, PS3, Xbox 360]

Shame they didn't expand that youtube feature into a video editor so you could change the camera to follow that bloke as he flew through the air.

Its very fun so far. Better than the demo and the map is gigantic.

this may be aspoiler... im not sure... I've heard whats in this video is in the game's story so some of the content of the vid may be a slight spoiler for that mission.

YouTube - PS3 - Just Cause 2 - Secret Island

Filled with Japanese WW2 soldiers who still think the war is going on.

I went to that island yesterday. I picked up a passenger jet from the international airport and flew to it. Took 10 minutes and then there was this huge storm which looked great. As soon as I got near the island a huge shockwave blast caused my planes engines to burst into flames. I bailed out and saw my plane explode in the background of the lightning sky.

So opinions?

worth picking up asap
Worth a buy like tomorrow or sometime soon
Or the kind that I should get in a few weeks maybe months for cheap
Or just leave it alone.

Hmm. Its not worth picking up ASAP especially with all the other games out at the moment. But I would say get it soon. Its a fun game with lots of things to do. The graphics are nice and you really got lost in the scale of the world. In one way its actually annoying. There is so many things you want to try and do that you may end up forgetting the missions. Its both a positive and a negative. If you enjoy open world games that are a little crazy and stupid than you will really enjoy it. Its fixed a lot of problems with its predecessor but there are still some issues. :)

The big annoyance I read of and put me off was if you die on a mission you lose all your weapons you had when you started and restarting the mission gives you default rubbish. I've no idea how true that was but things like that I know would annoy me constantly and just make me hate the missions in the end.

The big annoyance I read of and put me off was if you die on a mission you lose all your weapons you had when you started and restarting the mission gives you default rubbish. I've no idea how true that was but things like that I know would annoy me constantly and just make me hate the missions in the end.

Im not sure as I haven't checked that out. However there are some other annoying aspects to the game. For example, you cant buy ammo. When you buy a special weapon from the dealer, if you run out of ammo thats it. You need to either repurchase the gun which is expensive or swap it for a crappier one you find along the way. This to me is a major annoyance. Also the military will get onto your back for the smallest of things like shooting into the air or walking into a militarized zone.

But despite this its still a lot of fun. The story missions are enjoyable but im only at the beginning so they may become repetitive over time. And the actual plot and acting sure isnt going to win any awards!

It's a mystery to me why this game doesn't appear to get the attention round here it SO deserves. To me, it's an absolute blast and the best open world sandbox game there is. I've already put ~25 hours into it without even touching most of the main mission objectives. There's so much awesome/hilarious stuff to discover and to do, this gem will truly keep me entertained for months to come. No love @ Evo-Web?

I didn't really like the demo that much, but the full version surely is one hell of a GOTY candidate to me and totally took me by surprise.

SPREAD TEH LOVE!

Yeah I'm waiting for the price to drop. There's no rush to buy it for me as their isn't any multiplayer modes that you really need to play from day 1 while it's still active and so you're not low ranked vs high ranked.

As it's all SP I can pick it up in a few weeks or months... maybe in May when a ton of big games are released and people trade in to buy them.

I completed the story mode. Now I just need to finish off the last faction missions.

Yeah, I was surprised it hasn't had more of a write up, TBH. I don't have the game myself (saving for when I finish God of War 3), but judging from the comments on other boards, it seems like a great game, if a little flawed in places.

It's a shame it's not had much publicity because it's a superb game and tons of fun. I enjoyed the first game as well (which had people divided I believe) but this one seems to be enjoyed by pretty much everyone who's played it.

Yeah I'm waiting for the price to drop. There's no rush to buy it for me as their isn't any multiplayer modes that you really need to play from day 1 while it's still active and so you're not low ranked vs high ranked.

As it's all SP I can pick it up in a few weeks or months... maybe in May when a ton of big games are released and people trade in to buy them.
Sounds like a plan...

tried the demo again, think i love it

going out to buy it today

6hrs in and I've only done 8%. I keep heading to missions/factions and get sidetracked by a village/base/harbour and decide to blow stuff up and try to 100% the area :LOL:

Brilliant game, far better than I expected and just bags of fun :)

Just finished this game yesterday, a very enjoyable 30+ hours spent screwing around with all the toys in this great sandbox game. Anyone who is a Crackdown fan would enjoy. Hard to believe this game didn't get more attention, I can only assume it's because the main character is completely uninteresting and the plot is absurd.

However, the gameplay is great... and I assume this game is cheaply had just about anywhere.

This game is amazing its just the stroy is pretty crap and many faction missions are just identical to each other. Which leaves only 11 story missions.

However if you just wnat pure mindless fun and breathtaking scenary its 10/10 game.

Back
Top Bottom