Just Cause 2

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
The orders are simple: hunt down and execute a rogue agent that has stolen top-secret intelligence and millions in Agency cash. For agent Rico Rodriguez, the mission is anything but routine. The target is Tom Sheldon, Rico’s former commanding officer, mentor and friend; a man who knows Rico better than he knows himself.

Sheldon went dark while operating in the corrupt island nation of Panau. There, three rival gangs wage war in the streets while the ruthless dictator Baby Panay rules the island with an iron fist. With the resources of the Agency at his disposal, Rico must infiltrate the island and locate Sheldon, setting off a violent chain of events that will set Panau ablaze.

Each of Rico’s assignments can be tackled by land, sea or air with more than 100 vehicles including tactical jeeps, attack helicopters and jet fighters. As the Agency’s best, Rico can execute a range of breathtaking new stunts, utilizing his trademark parachute and upgraded grapple to reach any location in Panau. Somewhere on the 400 square mile island of white sand beaches, scorching deserts and snow-capped peaks, Sheldon awaits.

YouTube - Just Cause 2 E3 2009 Exclusive Debut Trailer HD
YouTube - Just Cause 2 - The Island of Panau HD (720p)
YouTube - Just Cause 2 - Gameplay Trailer (Long) [HQ]

PS3 Only Youtube Feature
YouTube - Just Cause 2 - Vlog #1

RELEASE DATE
USA: March 23
EU: March 26

The Just Cause 2 demo will be available March 4th, 2010, on PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and Steam.

Last edited:
Re: Just Cause 2 [PC, PS3, Xbox 360]

LOTS OF IMAGES

Justcause2-384.jpg

Justcause2-389.jpg

Justcause2-421.jpg

Justcause2-432.jpg

Justcause2-412.jpg

Justcause2-383.jpg

Justcause2-382.jpg

Justcause2-376.jpg

Justcause2-375.jpg

Justcause2-358.jpg

Justcause2-352.jpg

Justcause2-332.jpg

GJ on making this thread, wife and I are both eagerly looking forward to it, first game promised much and offered little, second one is looking fantastic, rumour is the demo will be an open 38 square miles with towns and villages and military installations to explore and the demo itself will have hours of gameplay, I think this will be a nice filler game to ease the RDR waiting :)

:TU:

Looking forward to it. From the videos it looks like lots of fun. I hope the demo doesn't disappoint as its already on pre order.

I agree, this game is a great filler until further releases! I enjoyed the first one, but again it didn't reach its potential.

First one was shite so i dont hold much hope for this

Saying that i aint even looked at the vids

Will download this when I get home from work.

Sweet. Just watched all those vids. Have to admit, I didn't buy the first one as I was more swayed by the negativity and God awful reviews as opposed to the IGN and Official Mags.

Still, I have high hopes for this.

Downloaded now, will force myself to do some chores before I play though else I probably won't get the dishes done ;)

Played a little. You get 30 minutes and a pretty huge area to play around in. Feels a lot better than the original game, however the shooting is very crappy (so far anyway). The grappling hook is great fun though and a lot of things that were annoying with the first title is fixed, but it doesn't seem to be as polished as I wish it would have been. Might pick it up..but have to play the demo a little more first.

TBH, demo's are just a tiny indication of what to expect. I personally thought Dead Space demo was utter gash. Absolutely loved the final game, though.

I shall download this later, anyway. Cheers.

Well it's fun, quite silly but seems fun, just wonder if the full game has much of a story with proper set missions and such as just roaming around blowing stuff up will get pretty old pretty quickly.

Just been playing it. Its already far better than the original. The controls are pretty tight. It takes some getting used to the grappling hook but it comes eventually. The graphics are really nice as is the audio. And the map is huge. Overall im quite impressed. If the full game has a good mission structure and story then it should be very good.

Agreed. The playing field is utterly massive, the video scene which follows the 30 minute demo emphasises this, too. Incredible.

As for the game itself, I quite enjoyed it. Never played the first so took some getting used to. It seems like a colourful, fun game, rather than being a realistic and graphical experience - although that's not to say they're poor.

Will be interesting to see just how much you can see in the 30 minutes you're given for each play through, given the size of the area you can explore.

Was given 86% in Gamesmaster Magazine. Negatives were lots of hair-tearing missions with poor checkpoint design, along with a few bugs here and there.

It's crammed with missions, secrets and things to do, and the island itself is ginormous.

They also said the XB360 version was crisper and had a better frame rate compared to the PS3 game.

Was given 86% in Gamesmaster Magazine.
They also said the XB360 version was crisper and had a better frame rate compared to the PS3 game.

No mention of that on DF.

Xbox 360: caps frame-rate at 30FPS, but does tear when the engine is put under stress.

PS3: Just Cause is a tear-free zone with a uncapped, variable frame-rate. The PS3 game runs without a frame-rate cap while overall maintaining an average just a notch below 30FPS - just like Xbox 360

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-justcause2-demo-analysis

Weird game this is

Not into all this grappling and stuff and the places you visit (or i have)
are far to sparse

Oh and the driving is shit

The engine I have no problem with, the problem is with a lack of story/purpose to the demo which makes it all seem pointless, and yes a 30 minute limit for a demo is just fucking stupid thank you very much.

Not sure about this one.:THINK:

I love open world games and the map looks massive. The graphics look nice, apart from the cars that look (and handle) like shit. The controls feel a bit odd, but there may be other control schemes I've not tried.

I'm sure this is light-hearted fun but not sure if it's worth £40. The benchmark for me is the original Mercenaries on the PS2, and this doesn't feel as good as that.

Maybe I'll pick this up a few months down the line.

I cancelled my pre-order. Not because its a bad game, but just due to the fact that there are too many games to complete at the moment. I will end up getting it in April/May once its a bit cheaper along with Yakuza 3.

Just Cause 2 is actually getting some really good reviews so far. Here are just a few of them:

1UP - 10/10 'This game is so well designed that time after time in my playthrough I thought, "Man, wouldn't it be great if this game had X?" and then, lo and behold, X appears, like the albatross to the Ancient Mariner, except in a totally good way that doesn't cause the mass suffering and death of my shipmates. Honestly, I can't think of any reason why anyone who loves video games won't enjoy JC2.'

Game Informer - 9/10 'One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto.'

Eurogamer - 8/10 'One of the most technically accomplished games around, Just Cause 2 succeeds in delivering both the best-looking and most pleasant open world to explore and some of the most thrilling and diverse ways of moving through it. Its thrills are intense and, for the first few hours, come fast and dizzying, dulling only when you start to see the dry order that lies behind the chaos'

IGN - 8.8/10 'I haven't had this much fun with an open-world game in years. Just Cause 2 is over-the-top and insanely fun. There are some issues in the game's presentation and the checkpoint system is far from perfect, but Just Cause 2 is otherwise a must-play for adrenaline junkies.'

Gamespot - 8.0/10 'Crazy stunts, a huge gameworld, and a playful attitude make Just Cause 2 a lot of fun despite its annoyances.'

Even EDGE Magazine gave it a respectable 7/10 which is more than they gave Final Fantasy XIII which received a shocking 5/10!

I just ordered it from ShopTo now. Should hopefully be here by tomorrow! :)

I honestly think I'd get frustrated because it's so f*cking huge. Like said, I've got quite a few games on the go at the moment, and this one obviously needs plenty of time, just for exploration purposes. Decent scores, mind.

Please tell me they don't have 1000 hidden dog shits for you to find to unlock a cool weapon or something like all these frigging games have now? I hate that kind of shit.

Please tell me they don't have 1000 hidden dog shits for you to find to unlock a cool weapon or something like all these frigging games have now? I hate that kind of shit.

Nope. It's 800 in this one. A white one counts as 5.

Back
Top Bottom