John Terry in trouble. Again.

Seems Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard have been installed as the new England captain and vice-captain, respectively.

Well, maybe sounds a bit crazy but my choice would have been Beckham. I think he was a good captain for you, has experience and is, in an american expression, a franchise player. Is just my opinion, maybe I'm totaly wrong (I'm not even english to discuss about it).

@ Jamezinho: Cheryl is waaaaaay better, pal. :P

I heard someone saying earlier that we should have two captains, with Beckham being the "spokesman" kind, a bit like the club captain and the face of the team. And then a "matchday" captain for on the field. I'd like to see Beckham have some kind of role but he just doesn't play enough games to justify giving him the captains armband.

Not in my opinion, no. And I'm not the only person who thinks that either judging by others I speak to. And no, they're not just Liverpool fans.

:SS

He's widely recognised as one of the best players in the Premiership over the past 5-10 years. Highest scoring midfielder since it began with well over 100 league goals, that's more than Gerrard, Scholes, Giggs and so on. Hardly ever injured, consistently plays well for club and country, how can the best in midfielder in the leauge be not particularly great?

Last edited:
I'd give it to Beckham, he has masses of experience, has already been the capt, has won the European cup, played in leagues in England, Italy and Germany. There is no one in the England camp with anything like the level of European experience as Beckham, it's madness not to have him as captain. He will play almost every game - well he should anyway, he's a master at dead balls and is the best passer in the English squad.

Not in my opinion, no. And I'm not the only person who thinks that either judging by others I speak to. And no, they're not just Liverpool fans.

I'm not a massive Lampard fan but think of it this way: would he get in any other midfield in Europe? Apart from Barcelona, and maybe Real Madrid I think he would. I'm sure Inter, Milan, Juve, Sevilla, Bayern, etc would have him in their squad in an instant.

Hence, for me he is a top class player.

Lampard is one of those players for a while that I just didn't rate but he's so consistent and scores a shitload that you can't not label him a great player. he's got limited ability yes but like Beckham he's sure made the most of it.

Lampard is one of the best midfielders in the world, i think he's much, much better than Gerrard for instance.
At his position only the Spanish players are better: Alonso, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas. At the moment Lampard is better than Kaka...
I pretty agree with Jumbo...he's been outstanding for a very long time...

Fabregas and Alonso aren't comparable and while Iniesta is probably the better player Lampard is far more productive. I agree he's better than Kaka (who is pretty overrated). At their best Gerrard is better but Lampard is extremely consistent.

and while Iniesta is probably the better player Lampard is far more productive.

Iniesta, along with Xavi, is the heart and soul of the Barca team. Lampard scores more goals but Iniesta creates far more and dictates the way Barca play. To say that Lampard is far more productive is unfair.

I'd have Iniesta over Lampard any day.

Iniesta, along with Xavi, is the heart and soul of the Barca team. Lampard scores more goals but Iniesta creates far more and dictates the way Barca play. To say that Lampard is far more productive is unfair.

I'd have Iniesta over Lampard any day.

I agree which is why i stated Iniesta is the better player but when it comes to goals and assists Iniesta doesn't add as much as he should. Personally I think Xavi and Messi are more important but when all 3 clique their unplayable.

BTW... why AGAIN they named a ManU player as cap for the "3 Lions"?
We HAD ENOUGH!
And they "named" vice-cap Stevie G... when he ALREADY WAS vice-cap (and played as captain in several matches)!
That reminds me the LAST SEASON MVP for EPL, when Stevie G. made a SUPERB season, but they gave the title to Rayan Giggs because he... "finished" his carreer (with ONLY 10 matches last season)...
...but now, in this season, Giggs STILL PLAYING! Is it a joke, or what?!

BTW... why AGAIN they named a ManU player as cap for the "3 Lions"?
We HAD ENOUGH!
And they "named" vice-cap Stevie G... when he ALREADY WAS vice-cap (and played as captain in several matches)!
That reminds me the LAST SEASON MVP for EPL, when Stevie G. made a SUPERB season, but they gave the title to Rayan Giggs because he... "finished" his carreer (with ONLY 10 matches last season)...
...but now, in this season, Giggs STILL PLAYING! Is it a joke, or what?!

Sorry for my English

;)

To be honest:

Cole - mobile phone up the bumhole, driving dangerously, shitcunt of a human being.
Ferdinand - drugs test missing, driving ban having merkage bruv
Terry - Enough said (he's fucked Hilario's wife aswell as many other women)
Glen Johnson - toilet seat stealing weirdo

Lampard - wife cheating, shitcunt of a human being (very good player though)
Gerrard - person punching idiot
Joe Cole - slapper dating moron who gets beaten up.

Wayne Rooney - granny fucker

Oh well.

That leaves Gareth Barry and Rob Green/David James then...:CONFUSE:;)

is anybody in england concerned about the violation of privacy represented by this ruling?

i've always admired the religious respect british people shows towards the authority of the courts (as opposed to the total disrespect showed by italians towards our courts)..... but at some point, u gotta wonder "where did this idiot of a judge get his law degree? how could a he possibly revoke such a legitimate injunction? and how could he not consider the consequences of this ruling?"

it must have been a field day for the british press for sure :SHAKE:

Last edited:
What do you mean? The court should have allowed him to keep everything a secret?

I think the judge based the decision on the fact Terry seemed more concerned about protecting the 'benefits' of his position such as sponsorship and the like which would be negatively affected by news such as this, rather than the welfare of his family (the reason he gave for wanting the injunction in place).

I agree with it in principle, why should he be allowed to reap the multimillion pound deals whilst at the same time putting a blanket over all the bad stuff he does that would compromise this by trying to ban the press from reporting things. You have to take the rough with the smooth, you can't have one and not the other.

I also agree in a sense it's an invasion of Terry's privacy but also Bridge and Perroncel would probably have preferred this to stay out of the public knowledge. Apparently, the precedent set by this case has opened the door to a number of privacy injunctions being put under scrutiny.

What do you mean? The court should have allowed him to keep everything a secret?
not secret mate, private. if that bastard had sex with his teammate's girlfriend, that should concern terry, his wife, bridge and that bitch..... certainly not us. that's an unbelievable violation of theirs privacy which can't be possibly justified by any public interests (as no public interests are involved in this situation).
jumbo said:
I think the judge based the decision on the fact Terry seemed more concerned about protecting the 'benefits' of his position such as sponsorship and the like which would be negatively affected by news such as this, rather than the welfare of his family
the thing is mate, u can't separate one from another. by revoking that injunction that idiot caused him a damage in both his private life and in his financial situation.... besides his financial situation is obviously part of the welfare of his family. and loosing financial benefits will obviously cause some personal distress (wich is what privacy laws are aimed to prevent) to terry.
jumbo said:
why should he be allowed to reap the multimillion pound deals whilst at the same time putting a blanket over all the bad stuff he does that would compromise this by trying to ban the press from reporting things
the point is the adultery itself has nothing to do with it. u see terry will definitely loose earning power now, but not because of the extramarital relationship itself...... just because the adultery became public. Sponsors don't give a damn if terry is a bastard cheater.... the leverage loss will be a consequence of the revokation of the injunction, not a consequence of the adultery..... if this thing wouldn't have become public and if only his sponsors would have known about it, do u think that would have compromised terry's financial position? of course not.
so it's not the adultery, but the ruling that will compromise terry's interests.
therefore if he will loose leverage in negotiating sponsor deals, it won't be coz he cheated his wife, but just because a judge allowed the press to make such a personal, private thing pubblic knowledge.

and i also don't buy the "u can't have popularity and pretend other people to respect your private life" clichèe. the fact that terry is a popular footballer doesn't give the media the right to dig in the most private aspects of his life.
that's what privacy is all about. it's mostly aimed to protect people who are popular, because they are the ones whose privacy is most at risk....(if any of us would cheat on his girlfriend, i don't think any newspaper would be interested in it).

and then what about terry's wife? what about bridge, what about that bitch? don't they have the right to keep their personal lives private?
according to that article posted in the first post (wich is btw a disgusting piece of journalism), the judge said the potential adverse consequences” of the affair with Miss Perroncel becoming public knowledge were “not particularly grave
not particularly grave? for God's sake the whole world labelled her as a bitch? i can't imagine a more blatant example of privacy violation and personal distress than this one.

i don't blame newspapers for this. those disgusting animals would do anything to have some dirty first page material and to sell more. a sordid adultery story concerning a popular person as terry is gold for them, so i can understand why they hide their dirty purposes behind the freedom of speech (wich obviously has nothing to do with this case).

but how can a judge allow them to abuse of this liberty (freedom of speech) and allow such a disgusting violation of those people privacy..... it's just unbelievable.
and when u think that this ruling might well set a precendent.... it's just crazy.

I'd give it to Beckham, he has masses of experience, has already been the capt, has won the European cup, played in leagues in England, Italy and Germany.

Eh? When has he played in Germany?

He's never been there man.

I know he played for Preston North End though.

is anybody in england concerned about the violation of privacy represented by this ruling?

i've always admired the religious respect british people shows towards the authority of the courts (as opposed to the total disrespect showed by italians towards our courts)..... but at some point, u gotta wonder "where did this idiot of a judge get his law degree? how could a he possibly revoke such a legitimate injunction? and how could he not consider the consequences of this ruling?"

it must have been a field day for the british press for sure :SHAKE:

The rule that got turned over only benefits "famous" people , not Joe Public!!

Hence why big brother is very popular show ppl love poking their nose in other ppl`s business, nothing is private not even words btw mates. Looking at tiger woods situation which in comparing is night and day. Tiger lost millions and no one really supports him . Hell! he at least is hiding :LOL: the whole world is aving a laugh even from down under!(We slept w/ Tiger too!) Terry seems to have ppl backing him so it`s weird and dumb for these cunts in the lime light to think a camera or microphone is not far from them.Terry is arrogant twat and his wife will most likely stay because her ppl will say it`s "Terry though Love!"

I`m not sure how abortion is looked at across the pond but if it was due to rape ,sick child or life threatening that might be looked at it lightly ,but to cover it up... damn I would of taken that child mmmmmm...2 beautiful ppl and the likeliness of that child playing footy at pro level is a thought. In a judgmental world that rather condemns next could be YOU!

not secret mate, private. if that bastard had sex with his teammate's girlfriend, that should concern terry, his wife, bridge and that bitch..... certainly not us. that's an unbelievable violation of theirs privacy which can't be possibly justified by any public interests (as no public interests are involved in this situation).

Wait a minute. I thought Wayne Bridge found out when we all found out. Had Bridge known about this all along?

Well if Bridge found out reading that rag, that is another reason to prohibit it from publishing it. Can you imagine how it must be for anyone to find out in the papers that your girlfriends has cheated on you with one of your best friends.

I'M 100% with Ben here, that judge is an idiot. What happened between Terry, Bridge and their girlfriend is not our business. Papers like these are hypocrits. On one side they take very moralists stances (Terry should not be captain because he behaves unworthy) on the other hand they behave immoral themselves...people should boycot these rags. I know people want to know all these sleazy things, but it is possible.
There was an English tabloïd that published some lies about the involvement of Liverpool fans at Hillsborough and after that, that people was hardly bought in Liverpool...that's a great reaction...the paper later on even apologised, but it turnede out to be to no avail...

People should do this often (although, to be honest, i'm not sure if this particular case is the most appropriate reason to start a boycott...John Terry is not particularly and example...as most Premiership players seem to be...spoiled brats...players like Giggs and Scholes are big exceptions).

I`m not sure how abortion is looked at across the pond but if it was due to rape ,sick child or life threatening that might be looked at it lightly ,but to cover it up... damn I would of taken that child mmmmmm...2 beautiful ppl and the likeliness of that child playing footy at pro level is a thought. In a judgmental world that rather condemns next could be YOU!

Did you just call Terry beautiful?

:SHOCK:

I'm just wondering...
Last season, our GLORIOUS skipper (Stevie, who else?!), after the away CRASHING vistory to the "Toon", he went to celebrate it with m8s in a pub.
There was a pr*ck DJ, obviously didn't like much Stevie and even if the pub owner gave his word to Stevie to go and play with the music, that DJ made an "incident" with Stevie involved... and that "incident" send him to the court and almost got f*cked - nearly he saved, to loose the intire season and his place to the English National team.
And... before that... Stevie was CRYSTAL CLEAN, totaly modest, like a baby.
And... during this "incident", huge number of rival's supporters were curshing Stevie and were saying unbelievable things.

WHAT ABOUT THAT PR*CK, Terry? Every single Englishman/woman knows, HOW MANY COUNTLESS times he had bar-fights, how many countless times they found him totaly drunk, how many times the POLICE "TOOK HIM IN" (and how many nights he spend to the police station!)... and HOW MANY TIMES he CHEATED his wife, with COUNTLESS whores!!!

And THAT "MAN" (Chelsea's supporters)... you have him as CAPTAIN to your team (and NOT instead, the modest and good "Fat-Frank")...
...and you were mad about Cappelo's choice, by sending-Terry-off from England's captain!
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE SUCH A PERSON, FOR ENGLAND OR CHELSEA CAPTAIN???
Jesus!

(And... Cappelo "choose" ANOTHER - again! - ManU's player for captain! What about LAMBARD or GERRARD, dear Italian?!)

And the day John Terry will be a Liverpool player, he will become CRYSTAL CLEAN.
And when the GLORIOUS Stevie would leave Liverpool, that DJ would no longer be a prick and that incident will be a serious incident.

Let's pretend that you are not a wind-up merchant...i was at Heysel and i know that the Liverpool fans were done unjustice...but when i read your posts...i start to doubt what i saw with my own eyes that day. Luckily there are thousands real peacefull and fair Liverpool fans who live up to their reputation as great fans for a great club. You're a bad ambassador for your club.

Back
Top Bottom