John Terry in trouble. Again.

I hear Wayne Bridge sent his Mrs a replica of his cock made from Cadburys chocolate but she said she prefers Terry's.

LOL, honestly if england wasnt so weak at central defense then i would say to capello, drop terry.. but if rio is hurt then i guess your stuck with lescot and terry.. or am I missing someone.

Ledley King...maybe is knee is strong enough to play a couple of matches..
Woodgate is also a good alternative (but if i'm not mistaken is also injured, and if he isn't then he isn't a first team player).

Makes sense giving it to the vice-captain.

At least any images of England winning the World Cup won't be ruined by seeing Terry lifting it. :D

Hmmm do we really have any role models for captains now. If Terry got dropped for the affair.

Rio failed drugs test.
Rooney done the dirty with a granny.
Gerrard beat somebody up.
Lampard also cheated on his wife.
A. Cole Ditto.

I hate the guy but dont think he should of been dropped.

I also think it was stupid to drop him...his private life has nothing to do with his professional carreer...oh and i also don't like him...

Look at Englands back line. a who's who of criminal convictions

RB
Glen Johnson(Record for stealing toilet seats out of B&Q)

CB
Terry(well we all know)

CB
Ferdinand(Drugs Cheat!)

LB
A.Cole(Banned from Driving)

You could move onto the midfield thanks to Gerrard(That fight in Liverpool club)

:COOL:

Yeah guys Rio isnt a drugs cheat, he didn't fail a drugs test. He missed one (I'm not saying that's not a completely idiotic thing to do) and took one the next day of which he was clear. The FA threw the book at him and made an example of him and he got a far longer ban than people like Stam and Davids got despite testing positive for banned substances.

I think he'll be a great captain.

Woohooo :DD Something most non United fans don't know is though Rio has matured quite a bit since that missed drug test and has really become captain material and a great leader.

You would've thought they'd have realised Rio's progression, especially leading us to a PL and European double in 2007/08.

Whereas Terry's controversial actions have just carried on with time, he definitely needs this kick up the arse to get him out of his comfort zone.

Just goes to show first impressions and media labels will stick like shit for those that want it to. It's a bit sad that Rooney will forever be an angry granny-shagger who can't control his temper and Rio will be a druggie.

Now that Rio's captain who's going to be dishing out the merkings?

Although I don't think Rio is the sharpest tool in the box, to be fair to him he always comes across as a decent person and his accomplishments over the last couple of years put him in good stead. I think he's the most accomplished, European-style defender we have, rather than the headless chicken Terry.

I didn't expect Capello to give the captaincy to Rio as he's barely played for the national team in the past year. And I'm not sure he's completely gotten rid of his injury either. What if his injury reappears and he misses out on the World Cup?

Still, he'd make a great captain nonetheless so I'm happy for him. I'm hoping Rooney'll get it when Rio retires from international football.

He's much, much better than he used to be.

Against Hull last week, he lost the ball and chased it back, knocking over Hunt and giving a way a foul. Hunt got right up in his face and normally this is where Wayne would react but he just turned round and walked off which is how he's been dealing with most things lately and is really encouraging. I really think he's a mature player now and has learnt to control himself and Capello has helped him alot.

I find it pretty funny that the Chelsea fans are furious that Terry is being punished for his "mistake", and United fans are immediately jumping on the Rooney/Rio wagon and suggesting they should have the England captain in their team :LOL:

My personal opinion is it should be Lampard. I don't think he's a particularly great player but I feel he'd be the best of the bunch.

Rooney would be better concentrating on scoring goals and his temprament is dodgy anyway and I wouldn't want our captain being sent off or at risk of it each game he plays. Gerrard is just shit for England and sulks too much when stuff doesn't go his way so not sure he's the right guy either. I don't find Ferdinand to be ahead of Lampard although I can appreciate he might be a good option.

I don't know, maybe I'd have sat down with the England players and asked their feelings. If they felt they had no problems working with Terry as captain then I'd have kept him in the role. I don't think anyone comes close to being a leader as Terry does, and I hate the guy as well. But he's got that attitude that you look for in the ideal captain and it seems a waste now that we can't use it.

Back
Top Bottom